Why the nation is arming itself

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Pat Buchanan: 'When it comes to 2nd Amendment rights, Middle America has spoken'

http://www.wnd.com/2012/04/why-the-nati ... ng-itself/
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Re: Why the nation is arming itself

Post by rogerme »

I am amazed though I am not sure why at the media on this one. There are people shot every day by criminals innocent folks all the time get shot by them as well as other nefarious folks. One instance of a person who was following he law ( as far as carrying his firearm we do not know if the shooting was justified as we where not there to see ) and all the antis come running out. Why do we rate one person getting shot by a person obeying the law so much more "evil" then all the criminals shootings that go on all around the country?
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

rogerme wrote:Why do we rate one person getting shot by a person obeying the law so much more "evil" then all the criminals shootings that go on all around the country?
We don't rate one life over another. The myth is that this is about Treyvon "Gansta Thug" Martin's death when its about individual empowerment. This wouldn't be news if Zimmerman had no gun, a cop had witnessed and intervened in the event -- or if Martin had killed Zimmerman. That is not a story.

The protest here is about the individuality... the empowered personal independence... displayed by Zimmerman. That kind of thinking and acting is symptomatic of a person who is self-reliant, and who doesn't roll over and die in the face of opposition; the two things most feared by liberals as they seek to impose their will on each of us though law, and the judicial bench when the law doesn't work, and executive orders when that doesn't work. It is a consistent concentration of illegal and unconstitutional power in any one of the three branches when there is never a consensus of Americans to make it work any other way.

Its about making you wear a seatbelt at gunpoint.
Making you buy into government insurance to avoid jail.
Removing your inate right to personal safety for your safety.

It is about tyranny cloaked as compassion...
...despotism in the guise of safety...
... totalitarianism wrapped in the facade of mercy.

It is a never-ending lie born of fear and hatred that seeks only to control those who would choose simple freedom over legislative slavery. ... and in that world, a person who would dare to question the suspicious, stand up to the criminal, and defend themselves - lethally - if necessary, is a threat to the government. That is exactly what Zimmerman did with Martin, and that is exactly what this story is about.
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

TROOPER wrote:...
Bravo! I'm not sure about the facts surrounding the case, but I am sure that you nailed the root cause behind the media's feeding frenzy on this story.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

My SSNcN has opined that should a new sovereign area develop on the earth, he would be extremely comfortable with Trooper leading the effort to provide the philosophy and hard documentation, that structure said area's legal basis of existence.

Not sure what he's talking about, but that's his opinion.

Good to see you weighing in smcharchan. Coffee offer still stands.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick