'Red Dawn' Remake Coming in November

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

'Red Dawn' Remake Coming in November

Post by Hush »

I think it would be more relevant if the invaders were muslims but, oh well, I'm not the one making the movie.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/ ... anksgiving
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
700PSS
Elite Member

Re: 'Red Dawn' Remake Coming in November

Post by 700PSS »

This better not suck. :x Any PC-Lib B.S. and we won't buy.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

The only way it won't suck is if the enemy crosses the Potomac and the heroes retreat into the Appalachians to defend the U.S.A.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Crosshair
Silent But Deadly

Post by Crosshair »

Attack the logistics or exploit the combat vehicles weakness.

Abrams tank: Main gun can only fires anti-tank ammunition. Ineffective against infantry. Canister round has same net effect as MG fire. A shaped charge warhead to the side or a Molotov to the top of engine compartment will cause a catastrophic fire and destroy the tank due to the high temps of the turbine engine. (There is a reason why the Russians stopped using the turbine powered T-80 and nobody else uses turbines.) Gas guzzler, the large number of fuel tankers required to keep them fed is a serious weak point and allowed Iraqi military units to escape in DS1. High weight effectively limits Abrams to roads and limits the bridges it can use. Turbine engine requires 60 to 90 seconds to start, immobile until engine starts. Very weak roof armor, vulnerable to top attack.

M2 Bradly. Internal fuel and ammunition storage in the floor, extremely vulnerable to mines, both pressure triggered and command detonated. (As seen in Iraq and Afghanistan.) Frontal armor is thinner than side armor. Side of turret with TOW launcher is effectively unarmored. Penetration of shaped charge warhead will cook off missiles and destroy vehicle. High ground pressure limits mobility. ERA pack,when fitted, is effective against shaped charge warheads.

T-72/T-80/T-90 limited gun elevation and depression. Ammo storage in floor of turret, IF you can detonate a mine right under the turret you can cause the ammo to cook-off, but otherwise it is difficult to penetrate the turret. Pressure triggered mines will only blow a track for a mobility kill. ERA pack highly effective against single stage HEAT, volley fire or tandem warhead rounds required. Just attack the fuel truck.

Any wheeled APC. Covert attacks aimed at shooting the tires, puts a great strain on the logistics system to supply new tires, though the risk is that tracked vehicles will be deployed instead. Potential to create a mobility kill. Most cannot mount ERA and slat armor has large unprotected areas and seriously impedes handling and increases chances of a rollover.
"I'm not afraid of dying. I's HOW I die that I'm concerned about." - Crosshair

"Beware the man with one gun. He probably doesn't know how to use it."
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

doubloon wrote:The only way it won't suck is if the enemy crosses the Potomac and the heroes retreat into the Appalachians to defend the U.S.A.

Or if a communist gets elected President. Oh...wait....never mind.......