Does Obama Think U.S. Soldiers Use AK-47s?

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012 ... Use-AK-47s
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Re: Does Obama Think U.S. Soldiers Use AK-47s?

Post by Blaubart »

Actually, the first time I held and fired an AK-47 was when I was in the US Army. It wasn't my assigned weapon and it was only for familiarization, but still. He also didn't make the distinction that he was talking about US soldiers.

Sometimes I feel like we're nitpicking him just for the sake of nitpicking.

The real issue is that he wants to make it harder for non-soldiers to possess them.
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

Blaubart wrote:The real issue is that he wants to make it harder for non-soldiers to possess them.
No he WANTS to remove all firearms form the people.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Blaubart wrote:Actually, the first time I held and fired an AK-47 was when I was in the US Army. It wasn't my assigned weapon and it was only for familiarization, but still. He also didn't make the distinction that he was talking about US soldiers.

Sometimes I feel like we're nitpicking him just for the sake of nitpicking.

The real issue is that he wants to make it harder for non-soldiers to possess them.
Yeah... I hate it when it feels as though... in defending fairness... I end up quasi-defending Obama. Still, if we don't adhere to intellectual integrity across the board, then our cries of "unfair!" will eventually fall on deaf ears because of so many false alarms.