Shotgun Silencer soon to go out to dealers UPDATED

Moderators: SilencerGirl, John Titsworth

gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Re: Shotgun Silencer soon to go out to dealers

Post by gunningbadger »

[email protected] wrote:John, it looks like silencer shop is taking people's money for the salvo..... Are you ready to call it yet?
I should have joined the bet too.
[email protected]
Silent But Deadly

Post by [email protected] »

gunningbadger wrote:
[email protected] wrote:John, it looks like silencer shop is taking people's money for the salvo..... Are you ready to call it yet?
Idk.....I haven't heard from John yet(meaning he has not "called it" yet). I'll keep everybody updated about the bet. I'm sure he'll keep his end up. I've never heard anyone say much bad about John.
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

[email protected] wrote:
gunningbadger wrote:
Idk.....I haven't heard from John yet(meaning he has not "called it" yet). I'll keep everybody updated about the bet. I'm sure he'll keep his end up. I've never heard anyone say much bad about John.
Dealers taking money for a product that hasn't been delivered to a civilian or has an ATF letter saying its legal for civilians doesn't mean much except they are taking peoples money. ATF letters have been known to be worthless if the ATF changes their minds (remember the Akins Accelerator and the XMG from BRP?) Of course I will stand by my original bet and I will certainly keep my word. As I said before, I certainly hope you win as it will open the door for modular silencers of all kinds. I look forward to making one suppressor that covers almost every caliber with only one tax stamp!
[email protected]
Silent But Deadly

I should have joined the bet too.[/quote]

Idk.....I haven't heard from John yet(meaning he has not "called it" yet). I'll keep everybody updated about the bet. I'm sure he'll keep his end up. I've never heard anyone say much bad about John.[/quote]

Dealers taking money for a product that hasn't been delivered to a civilian or has an ATF letter saying its legal for civilians doesn't mean much except they are taking peoples money. ATF letters have been known to be worthless if the ATF changes their minds (remember the Akins Accelerator and the XMG from BRP?) Of course I will stand by my original bet and I will certainly keep my word. As I said before, I certainly hope you win as it will open the door for modular silencers of all kinds. I look forward to making one suppressor that covers almost every caliber with only one tax stamp![/quote]

So must we wait until a civy gets his salvo approved on a form 4? Which would take about 8-10 months from now.....What must happen for you to "accept the fact that I have won?" Because if the bet is not over, then I'd like to wager more so I can win more
[email protected]
Silent But Deadly

Re: Shotgun Silencer soon to go out to dealers UPDATED

Any news????
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

[email protected] wrote:Any news????

Have not heard any news on the extra parts ruling as of yet.

In case you haven't seen them, here are some specs on your shotgun silencer. :D

Home of the WORLD’S FIRST MULTI-GAUGE SHOTGUN SILENCER
A working shotgun silencer has never been commercially produced in the United States. There have been attempts to accomplish this, but no company has ever produced a shotgun silencer that actually works and provides adequate sound reduction. Those days are finally over. XCaliber Firearms has produced and will soon release to the public an affordable shotgun suppressor system that actually works and is civilian legal. It is called the SS1C. This suppressor platform mounts to any standard modern shotgun with threaded chokes. The retail price of the shotgun silencer with THREE CHOKES (full, modified and cylinder) is only $799! The SS1C is also rated for 20 gauge! This is the world’s first “Multi-Gauge Rated Shotgun Silencer.” The shotgun silencer comes apart for cleaning and is available in Camo or Flat Black.

Gauge 12 Gauge AND 20 Gauge

Overall Length 14.25″

Weight 26 ounces

OD 2.5″

Mount Type Choke Mounted with XCaliber “XChoke”

Host Weapons Any shotgun with threads for factory chokes (excluding over and under and side by side shotguns). Typically these include all modern shotguns with interchangeable choke systems.

Shot Types All modern shot shells with shot cups (wad) up to and including 3.5″ Magnum shells. Subsonic shot is not readily available in the USA yet and may not function some semi-autos

Sound Levels 12 Gauge Standard Testing at the MIL STD Reference location 134.6dB and 127dB at the ear with Remington 870 and 135.5dB at the reference and 128 at the ear with the Benelli M4

Sound Levels 20 Gauge Standard Testing at the MIL STD Reference location 131dB-133dB depending on host weapon. Typical ear testing shows less than 125dB. Tests were conducted with #8 shot low brass.

Hearing Safe Our shotgun silencer is the only one available in the USA that is well below both US and European standards for impulse noise

Material 6061T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum XChokes are stainless steel with black oxide finish

Finish Flat Black Moly Resin over Mil Spec Type III Hard coat anodizing. All components are hard coat anodized. Chokes are stainless steel with black oxide finish. Camo models are also available soon.

MSRP $799 in Flat Black with three chokes of your choice. Additional chokes are $49.99 each.

User Serviceable Disassembles for cleaning by the end user
[email protected]
Silent But Deadly

John Titsworth wrote:

In case you haven't seen them, here are some specs on your shotgun silencer. :D

Home of the WORLD’S FIRST MULTI-GAUGE SHOTGUN SILENCER
A working shotgun silencer has never been commercially produced in the United States. There have been attempts to accomplish this, but no company has ever produced a shotgun silencer that actually works and provides adequate sound reduction. Those days are finally over. XCaliber Firearms has produced and will soon release to the public an affordable shotgun suppressor system that actually works and is civilian legal. It is called the SS1C. This suppressor platform mounts to any standard modern shotgun with threaded chokes. The retail price of the shotgun silencer with THREE CHOKES (full, modified and cylinder) is only $799! The SS1C is also rated for 20 gauge! This is the world’s first “Multi-Gauge Rated Shotgun Silencer.” The shotgun silencer comes apart for cleaning and is available in Camo or Flat Black.

Gauge 12 Gauge AND 20 Gauge

Overall Length 14.25″

Weight 26 ounces

OD 2.5″

Mount Type Choke Mounted with XCaliber “XChoke”

Host Weapons Any shotgun with threads for factory chokes (excluding over and under and side by side shotguns). Typically these include all modern shotguns with interchangeable choke systems.

Shot Types All modern shot shells with shot cups (wad) up to and including 3.5″ Magnum shells. Subsonic shot is not readily available in the USA yet and may not function some semi-autos

Sound Levels 12 Gauge Standard Testing at the MIL STD Reference location 134.6dB and 127dB at the ear with Remington 870 and 135.5dB at the reference and 128 at the ear with the Benelli M4

Sound Levels 20 Gauge Standard Testing at the MIL STD Reference location 131dB-133dB depending on host weapon. Typical ear testing shows less than 125dB. Tests were conducted with #8 shot low brass.

Hearing Safe Our shotgun silencer is the only one available in the USA that is well below both US and European standards for impulse noise

Material 6061T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum XChokes are stainless steel with black oxide finish

Finish Flat Black Moly Resin over Mil Spec Type III Hard coat anodizing. All components are hard coat anodized. Chokes are stainless steel with black oxide finish. Camo models are also available soon.

MSRP $799 in Flat Black with three chokes of your choice. Additional chokes are $49.99 each.

User Serviceable Disassembles for cleaning by the end user
I'm excited, keep me posted!
[email protected]
Silent But Deadly

John Titsworth wrote:

After having checked with the ATF over the phone, they confirmed that the Silencerco Salvo(in the same configuration as advertised back in July)is in fact legal for civilians to own with only one tax stamp. I have confirmed with Silencero that the Salvo was approved by the ATF in said configuration. I have also confirmed that dealers are selling the Salvo. That having been said please let me know what else can I provide in order for you confirm that our bet has been satisfied. I look forward owning and using your products. I had the chance to shoot and compare one of your .22 cans alongside my Liberty Kodiak TL, and an AAC can at the Dallas Silencers are Legal Shoot and I must say was impressed with it.
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

We want you have our SS1C over any competition and its only a matter of who pays for the suppressors, so we are more than happy to get your transfers started when you are ready! Our shotgun silencer is not only quieter, but its multi-gauge rated and much less expensive than anything else out there. The bet will be settled by ATF when they issue a ruling when they are supplied with a SCO product, rod kits, etc...
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Looks like rm55916 won this one. When does he get his cans? Wanna see some video.. :D
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

Chondro wrote:Looks like rm55916 won this one. When does he get his cans? Wanna see some video.. :D

The final answer has not been decided as ATF has not yet issued a ruling on the competitors product, BUT since its merely a matter of who pays for the suppressors, I have offered him transfers. He is waiting for ATF to clarify the competitors product. He posted in the general area recently about a phone call with SCo. They were less than forthcoming with any letter or answers to his questions. Doesn't look too promising. But I am a good sport. Were going to give him the products anyway just for playing along. Don't tell him! Shhhhhh..... :mrgreen:
[email protected]
Silent But Deadly

Did I read that correctly? If so this is the first I have heard of that, I've had internet connections and the ST forum has been down for a few days. (Trying to not get that excited, my brain keeps telling me There's no way I'm getting two sweet cans for the price if $0 lol). I will keep updating.