Tac 65 and 67 rebuilds now available!!! 124.5dB to 115.5dB

Moderators: SilencerGirl, John Titsworth

John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Tac 65 and 67 rebuilds now available!!! 124.5dB to 115.5dB

Post by John Titsworth »

http://www.thesilencerstore.com/index.p ... ex&cPath=9
This is a baffle upgrade from the standard Tac 65 baffles to the XCaliber Genesis baffles. The original Tac 65 baffles are not anodized and are therefore subject to accelerated wear from corrosion. Shooting gunpowder generates water and the byproducts of water and gunpowder combustion creates an acid that eats aluminum over time. In addition to upgrading to anodized baffles, the Genesis baffle is the quietest K baffle in the world. This means that your Tac 65 will now offer a sound signature of approximately 115.7dB instead of the usual 124.5dB! First round pop is virtually eliminated with the upgraded baffles.

There are several choices available with your upgrade. Here are the before and after specs of the Tac 65 rebuild.

Original Tac 65 Weight: 4.3 ounces with 6 aluminum baffles
Rebuilt Tac 65 Weight: 3.9 ounces with 6 aluminum baffles
Rebuilt Tac 65 Weight w/Stainless Blast Baffle: 4.25 ounces

Stainless blast baffles help prevent excessive wear as the first baffle takes a great deal of punishment compared to the rest of the baffles in the stack.

The price includes FREE RETURN SHIPPING.

Include a copy of your Form 3 or 4 when sending us your silencer. Note not all silencers can be rebuilt. Allow one to two weeks for rebuilding, testing and return shipping.

SEE THE YOU TUBE VIDEO OF BEFORE AND AFTER!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_pNjDLQc9Y
This is a baffle upgrade from the standard Tac 67 baffles to the XCaliber Genesis baffles. The original Tac 67 aluminum baffles are not anodized and are therefore subject to accelerated wear from corrosion. Shooting gunpowder generates water and the byproducts of water and gunpowder combustion creates an acid that eats aluminum over time. In addition to upgrading to anodized baffles, the Genesis baffle is the quietest K baffle in the world. This means that your Tac 67 will now offer a sound signature of approximately 115.5dB instead of the usual 123.5dB! First round pop is a horrific 132.8dB on the original Tac 67 and now it is virtually eliminated with the upgraded baffles.

There are several choices available with your upgrade. Here are the before and after specs of the Tac 67 rebuild and some options.

Original Tac 67 Weight: 7.35 ounces with one stainless and 4 non-anodized aluminum baffles
Original Tac 67 Weight: 9.7 ounces with all stainless baffles
Rebuilt Tac 67 Weight: 7.35 ounces with one stainless and 5 anodized aluminum baffles (all 7075-T651)
Rebuilt Tac 67 Weight with all Stainless baffles: 9.1 ounces

Stainless baffles will help prevent excessive wear as well as allowing you to use the dip version to clean your silencer in the future.

Include a copy of your Form 3 or 4 when sending us your silencer. Note not all silencers can be rebuilt.

SEE THE YOU TUBE VIDEO OF THE BEFORE AND AFTER REBUILD!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_pNjDLQc9Y
This is a baffle upgrade from the standard Tac 67 baffles to the XCaliber Genesis baffles. The original Tac 67 aluminum baffles are not anodized and are therefore subject to accelerated wear from corrosion. Shooting gunpowder generates water and the byproducts of water and gunpowder combustion creates an acid that eats aluminum over time. In addition to upgrading to anodized baffles, the Genesis baffle is the quietest K baffle in the world. This means that your Tac 67 will now offer a sound signature of approximately 115.5dB instead of the usual 123.5dB! First round pop is a horrific 132.8dB on the original Tac 67 and now it is virtually eliminated with the upgraded baffles.

There are several choices available with your upgrade. Here are the before and after specs of the Tac 67 rebuild and some options.

Original Tac 67 Weight: 7.35 ounces with one stainless and 4 non-anodized aluminum baffles
Original Tac 67 Weight: 9.7 ounces with all stainless baffles
Rebuilt Tac 67 Weight: 7.35 ounces with one stainless and 5 anodized aluminum baffles (all 7075-T651)
Rebuilt Tac 67 Weight with all Stainless baffles: 9.1 ounces

Stainless baffles will help prevent excessive wear as well as allowing you to use the dip version to clean your silencer in the future.

Include a copy of your Form 3 or 4 when sending us your silencer. Note not all silencers can be rebuilt.

SEE THE YOU TUBE VIDEO OF THE BEFORE AND AFTER REBUILD!!

http://www.thesilencerstore.com/index.p ... ex&cPath=9
CrazyDoc
Silent But Deadly

Re: Tac 65 and 67 rebuilds now available!!! 124.5dB to 115.

Post by CrazyDoc »

Whats the price or did i miss something? I like my Tac-65 (my first can) but upgrades are always cool.

Toole
"If hooking a cat up to a car battery will help cure cancer, I have one thing to tell you. Red is positive and black is negative.

I will say no more."
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

How's the first round pop on the recore? We didn't get to see the meters like in your old videos so I can't tell mean/median/mode dBs.

The originals seemed to have a hell of a first round pop, how much did that skew the data?
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

The FRP on the Tac 65 was 127.8dB and the majority of the subsequent shots were around 124 dB. The can is not a bad silencer, but it lets out way to much noise. The Tac 67 has super bad FRP and that is the reason we started rebuilding these. I am going to do the Stratus next and a Coastal Passport for another customer. It is quite nice to have a silencer with virtually no first round pop and no downrange residual noise.
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

CrazyDoc wrote:Whats the price or did i miss something? I like my Tac-65 (my first can) but upgrades are always cool.

Toole

They are $150 and that includes everything.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

I think this is a fantastic deal.

Nice work John!

I am going to make sure Dave knows so he can send his can off to you ... Thanks for doing this. Giving people who got an entry level silencer a chance to upgrade for this low of a cost is a real good thing.

I would do it if i had one. I see no down side to this.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
GRANDPA07
Silent But Deadly

Post by GRANDPA07 »

John Titsworth wrote:The FRP on the Tac 65 was 127.8dB and the majority of the subsequent shots were around 124 dB. The can is not a bad silencer, but it lets out way to much noise. The Tac 67 has super bad FRP and that is the reason we started rebuilding these. I am going to do the Stratus next and a Coastal Passport for another customer. It is quite nice to have a silencer with virtually no first round pop and no downrange residual noise.
Give me a heads up on how the stratus turns out. i may go this route.
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

We are doing a quick redesign on this project, so its taking a bit longer than I had hoped, but we should be shipping the rebuilds out next week. We are also doing the Stratus and Quest, so those should be available on the site soon.
GRANDPA07
Silent But Deadly

Post by GRANDPA07 »

John, are you using 7075 or 6061 on the stratus and tac 65?

I noticed the 65 is using 6 baffles rather than 7 as the genesis suppressor has. But the results are similar. Is this in part due to greater volume?
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

GRANDPA07 wrote:John, are you using 7075 or 6061 on the stratus and tac 65?

I noticed the 65 is using 6 baffles rather than 7 as the genesis suppressor has. But the results are similar. Is this in part due to greater volume?

On the baffles...That is one change we are doing, going to 7 baffles and new endcaps. Just decided we didn't want to use spacers like the original does. The won't really change sound reduction on the meter by much, but it make is awesomely quieter.
GRANDPA07
Silent But Deadly

Post by GRANDPA07 »

John Titsworth wrote:
GRANDPA07 wrote:John, are you using 7075 or 6061 on the stratus and tac 65?

On the baffles...That is one change we are doing, going to 7 baffles and new endcaps. Just decided we didn't want to use spacers like the original does. The won't really change sound reduction on the meter by much, but it make is awesomely quieter.
ok, Im in for a couple of rebuilds. PM sent.
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

We should be shipping all the rebuilds we have in the shop at the end of this week or the first of next week. They will all come with sound certificates so you know exactly what your silencer meters at.
Steve178

Post by Steve178 »

John, any chance that you will be doing re-builds for YHM's Mite? Thanks.
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

No, we are not rebuilding mites.
vipergts

Post by vipergts »

Just got my TAC67 back from John and all I can say is WOW!!! I sent the can off as my loudest can and it came back as my quietest! It is so similar to my SWR/Spectre you would need a meter to tell the difference. A slight tone difference with NO FRP is all my group noticed to their MKI ear drum. Same hosts/ammo(P22's/CCI subs). Could not be happier! Thanks John!!!

.22 cans:
SWR/Spectre
SWR Warlock
Silencerco Sparrow(Gen I)
OutbackII
TAC67/XCaliber Genesis MOD
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

Thank you sir! We are glad you enjoyed the new sound reduction.
happycamper

Post by happycamper »

John, on a Quest rebuild, how many baffles will you install(stainless steel)? Price? Shipping? And do you offer discounts on the rebuild to premium users?
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
HOT RAM

Post by HOT RAM »

Is this still being offered ?

for a Quest
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

Yes we still offer this service. We don't offer any discounts, as its a fair price to start with.

Thanks

John Titsworth
HOT RAM

Post by HOT RAM »

John Titsworth wrote:Yes we still offer this service. We don't offer any discounts, as its a fair price to start with.

Thanks

John Titsworth

Found your site from one of the links above.Seems a fair price.Would save me a LOT over selling my Quest and then buying a new
suppressor plus another $200 tax stamp
HOT RAM

Post by HOT RAM »

will be sending mine in next week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wahoo95
Silent But Deadly

Re: Tac 65 and 67 rebuilds now available!!! 124.5dB to 115.5dB

Post by Wahoo95 »

Just wanted to update and say that I finally sent my TAC65 in for the rebuild and I am very happy with the results! The turn around was 5-6 days and the sound is greatly improved. Before the upgrade I actually felt my TAC65 was decent as compared to many better cans such as Spectres and Sparrows when I'd shot with them side by side. Over time it had gradually gotten louder and the aluminum baffles were simply beginning to deteriorate. After getting out to the range both indoor and outdoor I was able to try the upgraded can on various host including pistol and rifles both bolt action and semi auto. The results are very noticeable and much quieter than before. Anyone wondering if this upgrade is worthwhile I say go for it.
Go Hoos!!!!
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

Does he have a contact number? I coundn't find it in his site.
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
John Titsworth
Silent But Deadly

Post by John Titsworth »

PM me and I will call you.

Thanks