Accessories for Obsidian 45

Moderator: Henry Graham

Post Reply
mp5
Elite Member
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:08 pm
Location: Target Rich Environment, South Florida

Accessories for Obsidian 45

Post by mp5 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:15 am

Thx for moderating this forum on your suppressors.

Will you be releasing a tri lock mount for the Obsidian45?
How about metric LH pistons for the HK tactical pistols?
In 1/2x28?
Finally a 9mm end cap ?

Thx and congratulations on your new company.
Regards,

Jorge

User avatar
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Accessories for Obsidian 45

Post by Fulliautomatix » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:16 am

The Obsidian can use SilencerCo Osprey/Octane pistons, so you are pretty well set for all your needs.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=135996
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

User avatar
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 966
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:34 pm
Location: Charleston, WV

Re: Accessories for Obsidian 45

Post by eastern_hunter » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:55 am

Fixed thread adapters too?

Would be a perfect can if able be used with supersonic 300 BLK!

Bmountt
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:18 am

Re: Accessories for Obsidian 45

Post by Bmountt » Wed May 25, 2016 6:59 pm

Anyone have a lead on these? I need a piston for my HK45c and would rather have a Rugged one than a Silencerco if they'll be available soon. I thought they would be out before the Obsidian started making its way into the wild

User avatar
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Accessories for Obsidian 45

Post by Fulliautomatix » Thu May 26, 2016 12:26 pm

eastern_hunter wrote:Fixed thread adapters too?

Would be a perfect can if able be used with supersonic 300 BLK!
As a matter of fact, yes, I have a SilencerCo 5/8"-24 direct thread fixed mount for Octane 45, and it worked fine with the Rugged Obsidian.

This part: https://www.store.silencerco.com/collec ... =221764050
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

User avatar
strobro32
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1374
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:18 pm

Re: Accessories for Obsidian 45

Post by strobro32 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:06 pm

Anyone know if the Octane 9 can take the Obsidian 3 lug?
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.

User avatar
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent Operator
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:48 pm
Location: NW Missouri

Re: Accessories for Obsidian 45

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:18 pm

What about using the pistons and SPACER from SiCo on the Obsidian? Would rather not use the fixed MOUNT because wanna keep the piston grooves from gettin fouled more than necessary...anybody try this yet, or confirm with Rugged?
It's always the quiet guy in the room...with a suppressor.

User avatar
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:53 am
Location: AL

Re: Accessories for Obsidian 45

Post by AlabamaPaul » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:19 pm

BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:What about using the pistons and SPACER from SiCo on the Obsidian? Would rather not use the fixed MOUNT because wanna keep the piston grooves from gettin fouled more than necessary...anybody try this yet, or confirm with Rugged?
Yes, SiCo will work.

User avatar
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Accessories for Obsidian 45

Post by Fulliautomatix » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:55 pm

BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:What about using the pistons and SPACER from SiCo on the Obsidian? Would rather not use the fixed MOUNT because wanna keep the piston grooves from gettin fouled more than necessary...anybody try this yet, or confirm with Rugged?
When you say "piston grooves" do you mean the 3 grooves on the piston? Or some grooves inside the can that the piston engages?
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

User avatar
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent Operator
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:48 pm
Location: NW Missouri

Re: Accessories for Obsidian 45

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:45 pm

Fulliautomatix wrote:
BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:What about using the pistons and SPACER from SiCo on the Obsidian? Would rather not use the fixed MOUNT because wanna keep the piston grooves from gettin fouled more than necessary...anybody try this yet, or confirm with Rugged?
When you say "piston grooves" do you mean the 3 grooves on the piston? Or some grooves inside the can that the piston engages?
Meant the seating grooves inside the can where the piston engages.
It's always the quiet guy in the room...with a suppressor.

User avatar
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent Operator
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:48 pm
Location: NW Missouri

Re: Accessories for Obsidian 45

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:45 pm

AlabamaPaul wrote:
BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:What about using the pistons and SPACER from SiCo on the Obsidian? Would rather not use the fixed MOUNT because wanna keep the piston grooves from gettin fouled more than necessary...anybody try this yet, or confirm with Rugged?
Yes, SiCo will work.
Thanks, just wanted to make sure!
It's always the quiet guy in the room...with a suppressor.

Post Reply