century arms uzi

Random gun talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

morpheus
Silent But Deadly

century arms uzi

Post by morpheus »

Are these any good? How is reliability. Looking at a used carbine. What do you feel is a fair price?
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Re: century arms uzi

Post by Sdustin »

I don't know much about Uzis but if you can get a good deal I say go for it. I wouldn't pay more than 500 but I'm a cheap ass. Also I'd pay more for a folding stock.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
acg1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by acg1911 »

morpheus wrote:Are these any good? How is reliability. Looking at a used carbine. What do you feel is a fair price?
I had one, and it ran great with hot ammo. With subsonics and weaker ammo, it was great for weapons clearance drills (multiple extraction failures).
fsteinba

Post by fsteinba »

You get what you pay for. The barrel nut detent would fall out whenever I took the nut off. The firing pin hole was drilled so far off center that it barely struck the primer and the firing pin protrusion was so great that it punctured primers. I sent it back for repair. When it came back, I couldn't get the top cover off! It now fit extremely tightly and the drunken monkeys at Century had peppered the right side fo the receiver with small hammer marks trying to drive it off. They didn't replace the bolt, so the primer strikes are still way off but they did fix the barrel nut catch. Mine shoots ok now. I'd probably do it again versus $1500 or whatever a real UZI is going for.
morpheus
Silent But Deadly

Post by morpheus »

Thanks for the advice. All reports are consistent with what reviews I am seeing online. I had to laugh about the gun being great for malfunction drills. No Thanks! After attending another Front Sight course and practicing malfunction clearing drills until my hands and fingers were sore, I don't want to have to do that unintentionally. I think I am going to walk away from the Century. Thanks for the input.