A fun project

Random gun talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

mollinst
Industry Professional

A fun project

Post by mollinst »

I'm usually over in the silencer area so, I can only assume this is the right place for this subject.
A link to the whole story: http://www.tacticalarmz.com/restoration-transformation/

Had a lot of fun with this one.

Bill
QuIet Noob
Silent Operator

Re: A fun project

Post by QuIet Noob »

Very nice work! A++ on creativity!
mollinst
Industry Professional

Post by mollinst »

Thanks. Like I said - it was fun - and, that always helps!

Bill
WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhisperFan »

mollinst wrote:Thanks. Like I said - it was fun - and, that always helps!

Bill
Hey Bill - forget my PM (the first one anyway)

Were you allowed to give it back to your nephew after you finished it? Or is it yours now?

Just curious
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
Justice William O. Douglas
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

That's a keeper.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

I was under the impression that the rifle-to-pistol ruling only covered the Thompson stuff as it was specifically stated in the opinion paper. How does this deal with that?
mollinst
Industry Professional

Post by mollinst »

I gave it back to my Nephew. It was made into a "pistol" a long time ago, all I did was modernize it a bit.

Situations like this can be a judgement call for NFA. If an investigator decided this was worthy of making a fuss over, there is probably wording somewhere in the rules to support that. On the other hand, there are probably codicils and provisos in that same rule book to allow it.

All of the ATF & NFA folks I've dealt with have always been very helpful, courteous, etc, and they have a ton of more important fish to fry - they're NOT "out to get us". This was an entirely harmless project with no intent to circumvent the law but, if they read this or see the project on our web site and decide it's a no-no, I'll probably get a letter or a phone call stating the situation, and the remedy, which I will be more than happy to comply with.

Bill
WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhisperFan »

mollinst wrote:I gave it back to my Nephew. It was made into a "pistol" a long time ago, all I did was modernize it a bit.

Situations like this can be a judgement call for NFA. If an investigator decided this was worthy of making a fuss over, there is probably wording somewhere in the rules to support that. On the other hand, there are probably codicils and provisos in that same rule book to allow it.

All of the ATF & NFA folks I've dealt with have always been very helpful, courteous, etc, and they have a ton of more important fish to fry - they're NOT "out to get us". This was an entirely harmless project with no intent to circumvent the law but, if they read this or see the project on our web site and decide it's a no-no, I'll probably get a letter or a phone call stating the situation, and the remedy, which I will be more than happy to comply with.

Bill
All other issues aside ..... GREAT WORK. I really love it! It's easy to find someone to good machine work, and it is easy to find someone to do good wood work ... but you do both! And that is much more rare! :D
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
Justice William O. Douglas
mollinst
Industry Professional

Post by mollinst »

Thank you very much. One reason may be my last, (but still going), company: http://www.mollinst.com

Bill