POF P308 sub-sonic loads?

Random gun talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

JudgeJerry

POF P308 sub-sonic loads?

Post by JudgeJerry »

This is a double posting--sorry I got it in the Silencer section before. I just purchased my first AR type rifle. It is the POF P308. I have a Gemteck suppressor for it.
I previously loaded 10.4 grains Trail Boss behind a 170 grain Remington RN bullet. Works well with the Remington 700.
They won't cycle in the P308. What load should I try???
Many thanks for your help.
Jerry
-k-
Industry Professional

Re: POF P308 sub-sonic loads?

Post by -k- »

If you want a 30 cal semi auto you should just sell the 308 and buy a 300 Blackout.

Not trying to be a jerk, there is just no easy way to make the 308 cycle with so much less energy.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

-k- wrote:If you want a 30 cal semi auto you should just sell the 308 and buy a 300 Blackout.

.... there is just no easy way to make the 308 cycle with so much less energy.
This.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
JudgeJerry

Post by JudgeJerry »

Industry Professional,
Thanks, only instead of selling how about buying another??? Sounds like a good excuse/rationalization to get two instead of just having one.
I appreciate your comment.
Jerry
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

No reason you can't. I find some people have a hard time selling something they have, even when it's not doing what they want. People tend to get hung up on "how much I've already got into this" and don't see it as cash towards the right tool just waiting to be sold.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

-k- wrote:... People tend to get hung up on "how much I've already got into this" ...
+1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
JudgeJerry

Post by JudgeJerry »

I agree with both of your posts. I generally wait until my position is improved, then sell the former. It is kinda like "the best time to find a better job is while you still have one the present one." Thanks, guys, for the input.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

-k- wrote:No reason you can't. I find some people have a hard time selling something they have, even when it's not doing what they want. People tend to get hung up on "how much I've already got into this" and don't see it as cash towards the right tool just waiting to be sold.
I am one of these. Not so much the money but the love affair of former firearms. Kind of like a former girlfriend.