Springfield XDS-4.0 4" .45

Random gun talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Jer
Silent Operator

Springfield XDS-4.0 4" .45

Post by Jer »

Got a question for you fine folks:

I am considering getting a Springfield .45, specifically the XDS 4" barrel.
This will be mostly a dedicated CCW weapon as I am buying it specifically for it's thinness and will be wearing it with a suit on most days. Also, before anyone mentions unreliability and recalls - the 4" version of the XDS was never a part of the recall and didn't have the issues.

Anyway, my questions are:

Does anyone know anywhere that I can get a threaded barrel for the Springfield XDS-4.0 .45? I want to be able to use my suppressor with it. And before someone gives me the inevitable question of why I want to use weapon as my host, let me say - It's not the primary and it's not for CCW - its for fun and at the range. I have a suppressor for a .45 - so why NOT have the ability to use it with this weapon when I want to?

I've searched and searched and I've found threaded barrels for the XD Service or the XD-M but not for the XDS 4.0 .45... in the 3.3 inch yes - but not for a 4 inch...

Looking for guidance on this.
Thanks.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, shall make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy.
Jer
Silent Operator

Re: Springfield XDS-4.0 4" .45

Post by Jer »

Got the XDS - took this photo of it yesterday.

Bar-Sto will be making threaded barrels soon - all is well with the world.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, shall make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy.
srs
Silent Operator

Post by srs »

I carry a XDS-45 3.3" and highly recommend it.

By all accounts, there is no difference between the 3.3" and 4" other than the longer barrel and slide. The slightly longer sight picture and slightly higher projectile speed of the longer barrel seem to me to be a bonus.

I'm glad to hear that Bar-Sto may be making threaded barrels for the XDS. I would really like one.
Jer
Silent Operator

Post by Jer »

Here is a video review I made on this gun.

I'm happy with it, except for the trigger...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW3-qXiyet0