Need an airsoft pistol

Random gun talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

speed6
Senior Silent Operator

Need an airsoft pistol

Post by speed6 »

I need to buy an airsoft pistol for a training class I am taking (Shivworks AMIS). I have not owned one of these since I was a kid so I know nothing about them. I am assuming it needs to be semi-auto, and I would like it to be a copy of a glock 26 or glock 19 so it will have the same controls as my carry guns and fit my holsters. Anyone have any suggestions on online stores and brands? I think I need a "gas gun" as those seem to be semi-auto. Any help would be appreciated!
Maser
Silent But Deadly

Re: Need an airsoft pistol

Post by Maser »

http://www.pyramydair.com/a/Airsoft_gun ... istols/178

Play around with the "narrow your search" options on the side and you should find exactly what you want. 8)
My intelligence is like a suppressed rimfire pistol. You may not be able to hear it, but it certainly always hits its mark.
speed6
Senior Silent Operator

Post by speed6 »

I went with a KWA adaptive training pistol:

https://www.amazon.com/KWA-ATP-GBB-Airs ... ds=KWA+ATP

The fit and finish are quite good, and it looks like a real gun (like a glock knockoff). The trigger is really good (like a very light glock trigger) and it is accurate at distances under 15 yards or so. The rear sight has a rounded front which makes it hard to run on your belt when doing one-handed shooting.

It fared well during the class, which involved a fairly high round-count and being outside. I dropped the mags more than once onto the sand floor of the open shoot house and they kept functioning. I cleaned and lubed the pistol after the first day as the action was getting a bit rough. I only experienced a few malfunctions the whole weekend. I ended up letting several people borrow it when their pistols died.

Since then I have used it a couple times and had one of the filling valves in the magazines leak badly. I tightened it up and it seems to be holding for now, but I am going to buy some spares. For what I needed it for and the price it worked great.
Daniel44114

Post by Daniel44114 »

Hard to find but a KWA or KSC is the best. They are the same pistol almost, just a couple of minor details difference. they both have the same fireing system.

I have a KWA G19 that has over 20,000 BB's throught it and still going strong. I use it training in drawing and point shooting.
I gave my Grandson one and no telling the amount of shots through his.
We use Coleman Propane Fuel in ours and in warm temps, I can get over 6,000 shots per bottle at less than $3.00 ea.

You will find that getting a KWA will almost be impossible but a KSC will be easier but not much so.

Most likely will have to come from overseas but no problem there as most dealers are honest.

Do a search for them and see what comes up.

https://www.gunsafespot.com/best-pellet-pistol-reviews/
Amirax

Post by Amirax »

KSC one is a good variant for beginners. Find some on the official website