AK-12 STGW-57 and other cool banned guns - trump importation unban

Random gun talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Hannibalbarca
Silent But Deadly

AK-12 STGW-57 and other cool banned guns - trump importation unban

Post by Hannibalbarca »

Does anyone else here believe that trump will get rid of these damn import bans?
i would love to have an AK-12 or better yet an STGW 57 of which there are plenty and will probably cost at most 2 grand when imported.

Now I'm not familiar with these import laws but does trump have the authority by himself to get rid of them?
another thing since the executive branch is really meant to enforce the law and uses federal agencies to do so does he have the authority to liquidate the ATF, DEA, NSA and other such worthless leeching anti liberty federal agencies?
im going to guess no.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: AK-12 STGW-57 and other cool banned guns - trump importation unban

Post by poikilotrm »

Trump will do exactly nothing for us. It seems that a lot of people in the Trump camp suffer from that strange pinning of hopes thing that Obamanoids did with black Jesus.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

From what I read, the "sporting issues" regulation is on the list of 2nd Amendment issues, but not at the top of the list.

The problem is that we as consumers/purchasers of guns want to eliminate the sporting purposes bar, but it was instituted and supported by all the gun manufacturers in the USA (along with gun control people). Also, the sporting purposes reg and others made Sig, Beretta, FNC, CZ-USA, Glock-USA, etc. build manufacturing plants in the USA in order to be a part of the market. There is the matter of jobs and USA manufacturing imbedded in the issue.

Would you want to harm USA manufacturing and jobs by opening unfettered importation? Would you want guns too, to be mainly from very low wage nations?

So...how could we have our cake and eat it too?
My answer is high tariffs on imported guns. The tariff would eliminate the wage differential and make it a more level playing field (a semi-protection of USA gun manufacturing), and allow you to buy guns like those you mentioned. They would just come with a steeper price.

Edited to add this thought:
All the international trade treaties (NAFTA, GATT) we've signed and those just on the horizon with Asia and the EU may prevent the USA from implementing tariffs on imported non-sporting guns as a solution to allow them to be imported (removing sporting purposes reg). If so, then the current barriers in the sporting purposes reg may need to remain in place, or else we will destroy at least part of US manufacturing of guns.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

poikilotrm wrote:Trump will do exactly nothing for us. It seems that a lot of people in the Trump camp suffer from that strange pinning of hopes thing that Obamanoids did with black Jesus.
I have to say it, your right. Trump isn't going to waste what political capital he has on our pipe dreams.

If, for the sake of discussion, we give him the benefit of the doubt and say he wants to "make America great" just like he said in the campaign, he has to focus on things that will do that. That means doing things that help businesses and strengthen the economic and military standing of this country. Making cheap foreign guns easier to get, deregulation of silencers, eliminating the sporting use crap that no one but us cares about are just not high priorities. If he's going to deliver on his promises, he's got about a hundred judges to nominate before the mid term election. He's got a huge pile of exec orders to wade through and throw out or modify. He's got fences to mend with Russia and Israel. On and freakin on.

If you think that he's going to cater to the desires of a small minority of gun owners, your kidding yourself.

That doesn't even scratch the surface of the more cynical and more mature view that he may not be what his most ardent supporters want him to be. Don't get tingly for the crease in his pants like the left did for 0bama.
Hannibalbarca
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hannibalbarca »

johndoe3 wrote:From what I read, the "sporting issues" regulation is on the list of 2nd Amendment issues, but not at the top of the list.

The problem is that we as consumers/purchasers of guns want to eliminate the sporting purposes bar, but it was instituted and supported by all the gun manufacturers in the USA (along with gun control people). Also, the sporting purposes reg and others made Sig, Beretta, FNC, CZ-USA, Glock-USA, etc. build manufacturing plants in the USA in order to be a part of the market. There is the matter of jobs and USA manufacturing imbedded in the issue.

Would you want to harm USA manufacturing and jobs by opening unfettered importation? Would you want guns too, to be mainly from very low wage nations?

So...how could we have our cake and eat it too?
My answer is high tariffs on imported guns. The tariff would eliminate the wage differential and make it a more level playing field (a semi-protection of USA gun manufacturing), and allow you to buy guns like those you mentioned. They would just come with a steeper price.

Edited to add this thought:
All the international trade treaties (NAFTA, GATT) we've signed and those just on the horizon with Asia and the EU may prevent the USA from implementing tariffs on imported non-sporting guns as a solution to allow them to be imported (removing sporting purposes reg). If so, then the current barriers in the sporting purposes reg may need to remain in place, or else we will destroy at least part of US manufacturing of guns.
who is producing a semi auto in 7.5 swiss in the us? no one? then why cant they be imported and not have a worthless tariff?
also i dont give a damn about us manufacturers, us manufacturers over price regularly for their products and many times not the best quality.
i just want my ak 12 and my stgw 57 and some cool chinese bullpups, us manufacturers either compete or die, that's business.
other than that the market for aks is small, sure century would suffer but quite frankly they sell crap.
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Post by fishman »

99.99% of Americans don't give a s--t about 7.5 swiss. Political agendas aren't going to be modified catering to the .01%
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647