Glock 19X

Random gun talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Glock 19X

Post by poikilotrm »

I just got mine yesterday, and this is pretty much the pistol I have always wanted. Normally, as soon as I get a new Glock, I have Trijicon night sights and a 3.5# disconnector installed. Not necessary with the 19X. It comes with iron night sights, and the trigger is not the standard heavy gritty POS trigger, but actually smooth and fairly light.

The weapon functioned perfectly with Winchester white box 124gr FMJ and with 147gr Fedral Hydra-Shoks. Mags drop free, as expected.

The advantage, at least for me, it that the muzzle does not protrude past the end of the holster when I sit. I don’t have to worry about damaging the front sight, or accidentally pushing it loose in the holster.

It ran me $590. Factor in the cost of a set of nhht sights and a 3.5#, and it adjusts to a cost of roughly $450 for the gun.

Zero buyer’s remorse.

Now I need a can for it.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Re: Glock 19X

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Back in the 80's and 90's gunsmith did all sorts of mismatching 1911 frames and slides. One of my favorite all time Cary guns is a commander lower with Magnaported Officers slide. As carry optics become more popular I believe shorter barrels with longer grips will get even better.
I saw the 19x called a solution without a problem, to me it's just a good idea coming back.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
amyacker

Post by amyacker »

Bought my 19x on Saturday and just fired the first 100 rounds down range. This thing rocks right out of the box.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

G45 ftw.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu