Single shot .22?

Random gun talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

DoctorSolo
Silent But Deadly

Single shot .22?

Post by DoctorSolo »

Does anyone know of a single-shot, break-barrel or bolt-action rimfire pistol?

I think it would be a quiet host and fun plinker. I learned from having airguns that sometimes the process of loading a single shot weapon can make each shot more satisfying. Bonus if its giggle quiet no?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Single shot .22?

Post by Bendersquint »

DoctorSolo wrote:Does anyone know of a single-shot, break-barrel or bolt-action rimfire pistol?

I think it would be a quiet host and fun plinker. I learned from having airguns that sometimes the process of loading a single shot weapon can make each shot more satisfying. Bonus if its giggle quiet no?
Thompson Center HotShot, its styled more for a kid but an adult can use it pretty easy.

Can't help you on the pistol part but the above applies for rifles.
DoctorSolo
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoctorSolo »

I want a chipmunk pistol with a threaded 4" barrel dammit lol. Thompson/makes a 12" .22 barrel for the contender but theres no way id pay what they want for it when it's still gotta get chopped and threaded. Atf says no on converting a rifle to pistol, dont they?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

DoctorSolo wrote:I want a chipmunk pistol with a threaded 4" barrel dammit lol. Thompson/makes a 12" .22 barrel for the contender but theres no way id pay what they want for it when it's still gotta get chopped and threaded. Atf says no on converting a rifle to pistol, dont they?
Correct.
BISHOP
Silent But Deadly

Post by BISHOP »

The ATF doesn't say no, its just gonna cost you $200 for a configuration you want.

BISHOP
The Rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way.....
Cannon500

Post by Cannon500 »

But if you start with a T/C pistol, you can go back and forth from carbine to pistol configuration, correct?

I should be seeing a couple of stamps any day now. One for a Sparrow, the other for a T/C Contender SBR. Already have a 10" 22LR barrel threaded and ready to go.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Cannon500 wrote:But if you start with a T/C pistol, you can go back and forth from carbine to pistol configuration, correct?

I should be seeing a couple of stamps any day now. One for a Sparrow, the other for a T/C Contender SBR. Already have a 10" 22LR barrel threaded and ready to go.
As soon as a stock goes on the firearm it is a rifle. Can't be a pistol again without a $200 stamp.
ronin111
Silent But Deadly

Post by ronin111 »

Bendersquint wrote:
Cannon500 wrote:But if you start with a T/C pistol, you can go back and forth from carbine to pistol configuration, correct?

As soon as a stock goes on the firearm it is a rifle. Can't be a pistol again without a $200 stamp.
You can as long as it starts off as a pistol.

http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/ ... 2011-4.pdf
Cannon500

Post by Cannon500 »

Bendersquint wrote:

I know that's generally true, but I thought the end result of the lawsuit with T/C was that those with carbine kits could freely go back and forth. At any rate, I won't have to worry about it in another week or so.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

Bendersquint wrote:

I have a Neos and the carbine kit for it I switch back and forth all the time. It is legal to take the stock off though when going form a pistol to a carbine you have to change the barrel FIRST or you have made a SBR. I know of nothing that would make converting a pistol into a rifle and back again illegal other the the ORDER of the assembly.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

No need for a SBR TC as they are so damn short even with a 22Lr 16" integral barrel :mrgreen:
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

redtazdog wrote:No need for a SBR TC as they are so damn short even with a 22Lr 16" integral barrel :mrgreen:
DROOL! that's nice !!!
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales