SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:25 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Need some advice
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:42 pm 

So, I purchased a silencer from a smaller silencer company on December 6, 2018. I exchanged some emails with someone at the company about two weeks after my order was processed. I inquired about the shipment of the item seeing that I'd like to get all the paperwork rolling as soon as possible. ATF delays are enough for me. I don't want to add to that.

Anyway, I heard back from the person on December 28th saying that the Form 3 was completed and the item would ship out 1/2/2019. Fast forward to today and my FFL still has not received the silencer. I have asked on several occasions for a tracking number and I have been told over and over that they would send it as soon as they got in the office. I can't figure out what is going on here. Either they lost the item and will not admit to it, did not ship it or I'm being taken for a ride here.

I'm going to put in a request for charge back on my credit card, but do I have any responsibility to contact ATF and let them know what is going on?

Thanks.

BulletFlight for Android
 Post subject: Re: Need some advice
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:30 am 
Silent But Deadly

floraneg wrote:
do I have any responsibility to contact ATF and let them know what is going on?

No. If they actually did complete a F3 and never shipped, that's gonna be on them, having to account for a silencer they transferred on paper but never shipped to the SOT designated on the form.

floraneg wrote:
Either they lost the item and will not admit to it, did not ship it or I'm being taken for a ride here.

They could be playing the foolish game of assigning serial numbers to not-yet-manufactured cans. It's illegal, but it happens.

floraneg wrote:

I'm going to put in a request for charge back on my credit card

That's what I'd do.

Post subject: Re: Need some advice
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:51 pm 
Silent But Deadly

ECCO Machine wrote:

They could be playing the foolish game of assigning serial numbers to not-yet-manufactured cans. It's illegal, but it happens.

And one of my huge beefs with silencershop. Heard too many stories about them doing things in batches.

They held a lot of forms until the last day during the pre-41 rush. Sorry, can't convince me that a single shop received 10,000 orders in a day. And further, can't convince me that they had enough inventory to cover it either. So, they couldn't just pull serial numbers out of their whazoo.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... lications/

Anyway, if you can't make contact, I think I'd escalate the issue.