AAC Cyclone K and Savage Axis SR .308

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Bird
Silent Operator

AAC Cyclone K and Savage Axis SR .308

Post by Bird »

Just picked up my stamp and Cyclone K the yesterday and had to try it out. I picked up a box of .308 subs from my favorite local gun store. I set up some 6x6" blocks in the garage, twisted on the Cyclone K to the Savage Axis and sent one. No noticeable recoil and most importantly, it sounded about like my pellet gun. Of course that could have been the 150gr FMJ hitting the wood blocks since I was in the garage and only about 10 feet away. I am more than impressed with the the Cyclone K's ability to snuff out the .308 round's noise. Yes it was a sub so there's less 'boom' anyway but initially this can is pretty dang quiet. I hope to get to the range and compare some supers and subs side by side within the next week. This Cyclone/Axis set up is my dedicated hog gun. Its going to be hog time at the ranch after Christmas...
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC Cyclone K and Savage Axis SR .308

Post by J Krammes »

I picked up my Cyclone K in October. I have only fired it on my 9" 300BLK, but it really does sound great with subs and supers. I am hopeing to pick up an AAC M700 this comming year.
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com