The ban list is out

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Re: The ban list is out

Post by doubloon »

silencertalk wrote:Not sure if the list is any of the following or all of the following in features.
That there list is in some damn small print.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

The actual bill... again, from 2007:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr1022/text
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Is there anyone among us who's blood does not boil reading this? This is basically every reliable and interesting semi auto - and what does sporting use have to do with anything? It maybe leaves us a Kel-Tec rifle, but that is banned by name - so it leaves us nothing.
`(L) A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'.
kapkanimd
Silent But Deadly

Post by kapkanimd »

silencertalk wrote:Is there anyone among us who's blood does not boil reading this? This is basically every reliable and interesting semi auto - and what does sporting use have to do with anything? It maybe leaves us a Kel-Tec rifle, but that is banned by name - so it leaves us nothing.
`(L) A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'.
All of it boils my blood. Mainly because the 2nd Amendment wasn't designed so we as citizens have the right to shoot for sport. It's all agenda now and people have lost site of it's purpose. America is going downhill and I think it will eventually catch up with us.
AAC SPR/M4, AAC TiRant .45, AAC Prodigy, AAC Cyclone
many, many more to come
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

kapkanimd wrote:
silencertalk wrote:Is there anyone among us who's blood does not boil reading this? This is basically every reliable and interesting semi auto - and what does sporting use have to do with anything? It maybe leaves us a Kel-Tec rifle, but that is banned by name - so it leaves us nothing.
All of it boils my blood. Mainly because the 2nd Amendment wasn't designed so we as citizens have the right to shoot for sport. It's all agenda now and people have lost site of it's purpose. America is going downhill and I think it will eventually catch up with us.
I hope dearly your wrong, but I do have a very bad feeling. They want blood
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

This part makes me sick
(37) Conversion Kit- The term `conversion kit' means any part or combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting a firearm into a semiautomatic assault weapon, and any combination of parts from which a semiautomatic assault weapon can be assembled if the parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

What? So if like a CTR stock is in itself banned?

This is just not going to pass - it is too ridiculous. I mean I know ridiculousness is not the standard, but it can't pass without Republicans going along with it - and I don't see that happening.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/nyreg ... .html?_r=3&
In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option.
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

Every day is another day beyond the tragedy and another pile of legislative problems for Congress. Yes, this stuff is galling, however I don't think it will amount to anything more than burdensome red tape. Then again, I thought Obama wouldn't be reelected...

As to this language:

"A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm"

I can't see how this could possibly withstand Supreme Court scrutiny even if passed. The 2A was added specifically to provide the citizenry a poison pill against tyranny. Nothing is said of hunting or sport. It's purpose is clearly stated as: the security of a free State. Further, it was passed at a time when American citizens had equivalent arms to standing armies and, in fact it can be argued that militia arms were BETTER than the British Brown Bess at that point in history.
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

On a positive note, they forgot to list slings. Although they were developed for military use, so maybe the are covered after all.
Mark_H
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mark_H »

Please sign this. It can't hurt to try and it only takes a minute of your time.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... y/bjlkvNSf
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

My SSNcN says F--k that s--t in the ass with a white hot poker. He thinks such obfuscation that neuters the 2nd's intent is obscene.

He went on to say that anyone in a position to propose such bullshit, and does it, should be arrested on sight and charged with sedition.

Beats me, I just fished around in the cooler for another beer. Someone help me with whether he has a valid point.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

sedition ... treason ... they both work for me.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

doubloon wrote:sedition ... treason ... they both work for me.
Next in line, my friend: Impeachment.

Galvanize the nascent Tea Party to take the Senate in the next election.

How lucky are the undercutters of our Constitution that they are protected by that very
document and its Amendments. The Geniuses enshrined the fragile intrinsic value and love
of the human spirit, basic decency, and God given soul.

They sure as Hades (Gk; ᾍδου ) read the document before they passed it, air head/ethically dead
Nancy!!!

The sewers are so very fortunate the Founders were not like the Romans in their writings.
Else, added to the football games on Sunday George Soros, Schumer, Reid,et al [ notice the Latin/ :) ]
would also be playing in the stadium the LIONS or BEARS today. Joy of joys! What a game.

Merry Christmas to All ... with the exception of the pusillanimous pismires in the Republican Party
and the disgusting DemoNrats. [ At least the gun haters have to admit this site infused with erudition as well as passion. ]
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

2manygunz wrote:It's purpose is clearly stated as: the security of a free State.
Nope. The well regated militia is needed for the security of a free state, not the people being armed. However, the people feared the formation of this government-controlled military, and so were given an assurance that they could also have guns.

The thing about it being said that the militia and the people being the same entity is not the case, as obviously the militia could be armed. So neither was it the case that the 2nd was intended to arm the army.

So the 2nd was to, as you said, balance power with the government.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

silencertalk wrote:
2manygunz wrote:It's purpose is clearly stated as: the security of a free State.
Nope. The well regated militia is needed for the security of a free state, not the people being armed. However, the people feared the formation of this government-controlled military, and so were given an assurance that they could also have guns.

The thing about it being said that the militia and the people being the same entity is not the case, as obviously the militia could be armed. So neither was it the case that the 2nd was intended to arm the army.

So the 2nd was to, as you said, balance power with the government.
This.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

It is the only explanation that resolves all questions and leaves no lose ends.

Also I had never heard it until a few years ago.

I learned it from Libertarian Penn of Pen and Teller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GNu7ldL1LM
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

silencertalk wrote:What? So if like a CTR stock is in itself banned?

This is just not going to pass - it is too ridiculous. I mean I know ridiculousness is not the standard, but it can't pass without Republicans going along with it - and I don't see that happening.
And it did not pass. That's why I keep pointing out that it's from 2007:

That list is NOT legislation which is being actively proposed by anyone.

It's just crap that has been repeated on Internet forums for the past five years.
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Lindsey Graham, SC, said on Meet the Press "Well I own an AR-15. I've got it at my house. The question is, if you deny me the right to buy another one, have you made America safer?"

When asked if he would ban high capacity magazines, he said "I can change a magazine pretty quick."
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

It is best that the Fiscal Cliff is not solved before the end of the year, so that it can continue being the topic on the news, and Obama won't be able to get to guns.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

silencertalk wrote:It is best that the Fiscal Cliff is not solved before the end of the year, so that it can continue being the topic on the news, and Obama won't be able to get to guns.
You seem to follow this stuff closely and have a better grasp of NFA than most anyone else here... Why do you suppose Larry vickers is running around telling people that ARs are likely to be regulated in NFA? Any truth or possibility to that?

Seems a little reckless to me for him to go claiming that esp since he is taking about an amnesty period and all sorts of ways to do this with an executive order, etc... Unless he might have some proof. What do you think?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Well, if ARs are banned, the only way to buy one would be as an SBR - but I don't expect a law to specifically reclassify them as NFA.

Some version of what he is saying could happen, but I would bet there is only a 10-20% chance.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

silencertalk wrote:Well, if ARs are banned, the only way to buy one would be as an SBR - but I don't expect a law to specifically reclassify them as NFA.

Some version of what he is saying could happen, but I would bet there is only a 10-20% chance.
+1

Vickers speculates alot.

He has no more of an insight than anyone else on the board save 2 or 3 members.