Dealer Issue Rant

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

piglatinhater
Senior Silent Operator

Dealer Issue Rant

Post by piglatinhater »

I have been overseas a bit since I started my suppressor process. I came back a month ago, called my dealer to my surprise my application got kicked back because I forgot to write my name on line (I forget which). I went to the shop, wrote my name and off the application went. Friday, about a month later, I called NFA to check up on things. Come to find out, they have still not gotten my paperwork, and I only have 28 days (out of 90) to get everything in before my application gets rejected. I called my dealer and explained everything and they have NO clue what went wrong. My guess is that they did not send my paperwork to the right location.... SO, what should my next step be?
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Re: Dealer Issue Rant

Post by Wahnsinn »

Tell your dealer you need to get all the paperwork done again and re-send it?
Shamrock-MP
Silent But Deadly

Post by Shamrock-MP »

Sorry that happened to you. I am guessing that your dealer was going to mail your Form 4 back for you and says that it was put in the mail the next day? I have had some Form 3's take three weeks before they showed up as pending but then were approved the next week. They (NFA) advise waiting 30 days before resubmitting. The good news is that if they get the original back in time, they try to have your approval without much additional delay. At least there is still hope you will not have to start over. Good luck my friend.
Form4
Suppressors and Firearms
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(502)671-9799
www.form4.org
piglatinhater
Senior Silent Operator

Post by piglatinhater »

I ended up getting ahold of my examiner, it took exactly 6 weeks from the day the USPS stamped my envelope to get onto his desk. I guess I'll blame the holiday mail rush and not USPS's general incompetence.