9mm suppressor

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

RWBlue
Silent But Deadly

9mm suppressor

Post by RWBlue »

I am seriously considering buying another suppressor. This one in 9mm. The question is which one. Lets assume this is the one and only 9mm suppressor I will get. I will get run only on semi-auto.

I have a H&K clone with three lug and 1/2x32.
I have a 92fs. I would need to thread it.
I have several glocks. I would need to thread them.
I have a 300-221 (300 Blk Out wildcat), threaded for 5/8-24. I assume this is a no go because a 9mm can will not do supersonic 300 BLK.
I have an mini-UZI.
I may do a 9mm Tavor.
I may do a 9mm AR.
I would love to use it on a lever gun in 38/357 also, but is this possible?

What are the top two suppressor for me?
How much is the going price?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: 9mm suppressor

Post by Bendersquint »

RWBlue wrote:I am seriously considering buying another suppressor. This one in 9mm. The question is which one. Lets assume this is the one and only 9mm suppressor I will get. I will get run only on semi-auto.

I have a H&K clone with three lug and 1/2x32.
I have a 92fs. I would need to thread it.
I have several glocks. I would need to thread them.
I have a 300-221 (300 Blk Out wildcat), threaded for 5/8-24. I assume this is a no go because a 9mm can will not do supersonic 300 BLK.
I have an mini-UZI.
I may do a 9mm Tavor.
I may do a 9mm AR.
I would love to use it on a lever gun in 38/357 also, but is this possible?

What are the top two suppressor for me?
How much is the going price?
The top 2 in my purchase order would be the Octane2 then the TiRant9.

By the way, the 300-221 is NOT a wildcat of the 300BLK, it was around for decades before the 300BLK made its entrance.

300-221 is the non trademarks version of the 300Whisper.
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by lafsnguy »

Liberty mystic would suppress everything you are looking at including supersonic 300 blk.
RWBlue
Silent But Deadly

Post by RWBlue »

I guess the question is Why that or those suppressors?

And
The pistols are pretty well set as 1/2-28 seems to be the only common way to go.

But what to do about the H&K clone. The threading is NOT 1/2-28 and I have heard about issues with 3 lug.

What attachment should I be getting for the UZI?

As far as the 300-221 vs. the 300Whisper, vs. the 300Blkout: If it wasn't a wildcat then I don't know what to call it. When I got my 300-221, the blackout was not on the market. I don't believe it had a SAMMI spec.. As I understand it, it was just different enough from the whisper not to infringe. I couldn't buy brass for it. I couldn't buy ammo for it. I couldn't find reloading data for it. No one seemed to know what it was. Many people still don't what it is, so I give them a point of reference.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

RWBlue wrote:I guess the question is Why that or those suppressors?

And
The pistols are pretty well set as 1/2-28 seems to be the only common way to go.

But what to do about the H&K clone. The threading is NOT 1/2-28 and I have heard about issues with 3 lug.

What attachment should I be getting for the UZI?

As far as the 300-221 vs. the 300Whisper, vs. the 300Blkout: If it wasn't a wildcat then I don't know what to call it. When I got my 300-221, the blackout was not on the market. I don't believe it had a SAMMI spec.. As I understand it, it was just different enough from the whisper not to infringe. I couldn't buy brass for it. I couldn't buy ammo for it. I couldn't find reloading data for it. No one seemed to know what it was. Many people still don't what it is, so I give them a point of reference.
Octane because it has stainless baffles and will take alot of abuse before any damage is seen. TiRant is good so long as it is a take apart version but not as versatile as the Octane in my opinion.

What issues have you heard about 3-lugs? I have tens of thousands of rounds through all my 3-Lugs and never a single problem, please elaborate.

For the Uzi depending on what way you go you will either need a custom mount or a simply thread it or 3-lug it.

The 300-221 was the generic version of the wildcat cartridge 300Whisper.

Most people know what a 300Whisper is now since the 300BLK has become the zen for so many shooters.

I still think its funny about how much the 300-221 and Whisper was looked down upon for years as a waste of a cartridge but now that the 300BLK is out its all the rage. Humorous.
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

Octane9 HD2, nuff said.
RWBlue
Silent But Deadly

Post by RWBlue »

Flipz wrote:Octane9 HD2, nuff said.
Don't do that. Tell me why.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

RWBlue wrote:
I am sure its for the same reasons as posted above.

Its a clear cut choice right now.
RWBlue
Silent But Deadly

Post by RWBlue »

Bendersquint wrote: What issues have you heard about 3-lugs? I have tens of thousands of rounds through all my 3-Lugs and never a single problem, please elaborate.
First thanks for your reasoning. These things are too expensive the wait is too long to buy one and decide I have the wrong one.

There was a question about accuracy issues and there was a question about baffle strikes. I think it was on the HK forum and UZI forum, but I have been reading all of the web so.....

If three lug works....I think my best bet would be to get the short barrel threaded like the pistol barrels 1/2-28 and if I decide I want to 3lug it I can buy the adapter from TROS.

300 BLK Marketing. After doing lots of loads and trying every bullet I could find. I came to the conclusion that it ain't all that. So I am moving on until the proper bullets are available. Then I will move back and test them.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

RWBlue wrote:
Bendersquint wrote: What issues have you heard about 3-lugs? I have tens of thousands of rounds through all my 3-Lugs and never a single problem, please elaborate.
First thanks for your reasoning. These things are too expensive the wait is too long to buy one and decide I have the wrong one.

There was a question about accuracy issues and there was a question about baffle strikes. I think it was on the HK forum and UZI forum, but I have been reading all of the web so.....

If three lug works....I think my best bet would be to get the short barrel threaded like the pistol barrels 1/2-28 and if I decide I want to 3lug it I can buy the adapter from TROS.

300 BLK Marketing. After doing lots of loads and trying every bullet I could find. I came to the conclusion that it ain't all that. So I am moving on until the proper bullets are available. Then I will move back and test them.
There is a reason that every MP5 has a 3-lug on it, its because it works.

Haven't heard or experienced accuracy issues or baffle strikes.
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

Bendersquint wrote:
RWBlue wrote:

Bingo! Bender to the rescue!
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

3 lug mount on the Octane 9HD2 works just fine on fixed barrels. TROS makes 1/2x28 and 1/2x36 female to 3 lug adapters if you need them. Is a slick way to do things!
zeeew
Silent Operator

Post by zeeew »

I currently have papers in for an Octane HD2 . Octane has stainless baffles, all the baffles click together so the outer tube doesnt get dirty, it can be taken apart easily after shooting, but it is not rated for supersonic 300 blackout.

For all the calibers you listed I would look at the Liberty Mystic, as above. A bit heavy but very flexible, and a good price. It is a 9mm can that will work on supersonic 300 blackout. 223 also, maybe not as well as a dedicated 223 can tho, but certainly helpful.

I dont know if the TiRant is as flexible as the Mystic.

Yes you should be able mount a suppressor on a lever rifle, Mystic is rated for 357 also.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Bendersquint wrote: There is a reason that every MP5 has a 3-lug on it, its because it works.
Yeah, until the three lug thingy in the back of the can goes bad. (seen that happen)
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Kramer wrote:
Bendersquint wrote: There is a reason that every MP5 has a 3-lug on it, its because it works.
Yeah, until the three lug thingy in the back of the can goes bad. (seen that happen)
Everything goes bad if you don't properly maintain it. It should be taken apart annually and cleaned and regreased.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

You can also use the fixed SWR adapters and even leave adapters on the gun with LT. The adapter stays tight to the can when shooting.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

Bendersquint wrote:
RWBlue wrote:

Any other cans in any other calibers that you think are a clear cut choice?

I'm surprised the Mystic didn't make your short list.