CMMG 9mm AR with TiRant 45

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

nch734

CMMG 9mm AR with TiRant 45

Post by nch734 »

Hey guys,

I have a TiRant 45 that went pending Aug. 2nd. Waiting for it are a SIG P220 Combat TB and a Glock 17 with a lone wolf threaded barrel.

I also have a CMMG 8.5" upper for my 9mm AR pistol (waiting on paperwork to make it an SBR) on backorder from CMMG since October. They tell me I will have it before the first of February :roll:

My question, is if anyone knows the best way to adapt my Tirant45 to the CMMG upper. I have the .578x28 and the 1/2x28 pistons. I have no idea what the CMMG upper thread pitch is, though I've heard it speculated to be 1/2x36. So... what are my best options?

Thanks in advance for your time!
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Re: CMMG 9mm AR with TiRant 45

Post by samson7x »

It is 1/2x36 and I suggest getting an adapter from silencerstore.com

FWIW the tirant45 sounds pretty good on a 9mm AR IMO. The action noise is what you hear.
nch734

Post by nch734 »

samson7x wrote:It is 1/2x36 and I suggest getting an adapter from silencerstore.com

FWIW the tirant45 sounds pretty good on a 9mm AR IMO. The action noise is what you hear.
Awesome. That is great to hear. Now I just have to wait on the tirant AND the upper to get here...

I'll head over to the silencerstore and pick up that adaptor. Thanks again!
qballis
Silent Operator

Post by qballis »

Does the TiRant 45 have a 3-lug adapter option? I literally just got my stamp out of the mailbox for my 9mm SBR 10 minutes ago.

I have an Octane9-HD on mine with a 3-lug. Leaving to the range whenever the woman gets home from work.

It's raining outside, and trying to use inside lighting with cell phone = crappy pics. You get the idea.

Last edited by qballis on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

qballis wrote:Does the TiRant 45 have a 3-lug adapter option? I literally just got my stamp out of the mailbox for my 9mm SBR 10 minutes ago.

I have an Octane9-HD on mine with a 3-lug. Leaving to the range whenever the woman gets home from work.

It's raining outside, and trying to use inside lighting with cell phone = crappy pics. You get the idea.

http://imgur.com/a/VO8XI --> Can't figure out how the heck to upload images directly....

There is no 3-lug adapter at this time that Im aware of.
sarthree
Senior Silent Operator

Post by sarthree »

They announced one last year at Shot...but I think they concentrated on building silencers this year. I know they ceased production on their 10/22s...I hope that the 3 lug doesn't go the same way.