Looking for a 7.62 can to use on a short barrel

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Liver
Silent But Deadly

Looking for a 7.62 can to use on a short barrel

Post by Liver »

I'm looking for a 7.62 can to use on a 7 inch 7.62x39 barrel. Auto fire, not looking to torture test it but rapid succession of 2-3 mags at the very most.

I know it will not be as quiet as it would be on a normal length barrel. Outdoor hearing safe is what I'm looking for.

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A WARRANTY to use it on a 7 inch barrel (would be nice but unrealistic and undesirable).

What I am asking for is a can that will not be damaged in the serialized portion. When I do have erosion and damage I can just replace the damaged components. Hopefully the serialized portion would be intact.

I don't care about the length or weight (within reason).

Ideas?
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Re: Looking for a 7.62 can to use on a short barrel

Post by curtistactical »

You could use one of my 7.62 suppressors on this with no problems at all, should stay around 140db. and they have a lifetime warranty against the baffles burning out. I would go for the QA762FA with the quick attach brake. I am taking orders while I am rebuilding my shop from a fire, I will be back up and running no later than Feb. Check out curtistactical.com if your interested shoot me an email or give me a call.
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
jwise
Silent Operator

Post by jwise »

I'm planning to use an AAC SDN-6 on a 10" barreled 7.62x39 rifle. Is there an issue I should know about?
J. Wise
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

7,62 Specwar and Saker are rated for 12.5" 308 Winchester barrels. Obviously best to check with them about the 7.62x39.

I'd guess a 7" 7.62x39 is likely to be quite the fire breather ... a 12.5" 308 Win certainly is!
Liver
Silent But Deadly

Post by Liver »

jwise wrote:I'm planning to use an AAC SDN-6 on a 10" barreled 7.62x39 rifle. Is there an issue I should know about?
I will certainly check out your site Curtis! Thanks.

The short barrel develops quite a fireball that a suppressor has to deal with. I don't know about any current suppressors, but if you google this you will see exceedingly premature baffle erosion and destroyed tubes.