New guy, I need some help

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

dannyboy44

New guy, I need some help

Post by dannyboy44 »

I am new to suppressors and really need some help.

Looking for suppressor(s) for Uzi full size and a MAC 10 in 9mm.

It was suggested i get the Gemtech Mossad for the Uzi and the Gemtech Viper for the M 10. 2 cans 2 stamps 2 purchases. I'd rather not!!

I would really like just one suppressor to be used in both. I was thinking maybe a 45 can to allow for versatility.

Now it gets a bit confusing. I want screw on mount. I am looking on Silencer shop as on this site I can compare cans and see what is available. Thought I had the answer in the Bowers CAC9 or CAC45 but looks like it will only fit the M 10 in .45 cal not 9. I suppose different thread pattern?

Next was the Scilencerco Octane but looks like that will not work either. I do like the Octane and it seems quite versatile. I can even shoot .22. Cannot do that with my Osprey as it is a sealed unit.

I already have an Osprey in 9 mm but it is only rated full auto in barrels over 10 inches.

Any thoughts on this? I do not want to be sending my barrel to a smith for rethreading .Just looking for a decent can that will work with both of my sub guns. It can be .45 or 9 mm can.

Lastly: thoughts on Silencer shop? Prices seem great and i avoid the tax in my home state. I guess I wait a couple of months for the Form 3 but hey with the money I'll save I'm fine with the wait.
ThaDoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Re: New guy, I need some help

Post by ThaDoubleJ »

Can't answer all those Uzi questions. I have a Tirant on my M&P 9, love it. As for SilencerShop, got my Tirant from them, got an Axiom on the way from them, great people.
Proper grammar is awesome.
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Re: New guy, I need some help

Post by curtistactical »

You can use a thread adapter to adapt the can. Silencer Shop are good guys.
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02