AWC on a 223

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

xdeano
Silent But Deadly

AWC on a 223

Post by xdeano »

Just curious if you guys know if the old AWC Stalker 22mag could be used on a 223 gas gun. I'm not talking a mag dump i'm talking about 1-2 rounds that about it. I guess it is rated for a 223 but not rated for auto fire. Just curious if anyone has done this? It's basically the same as the newer Raider. Sure weighs about the same. ;)

Thanks

Deano
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Re: AWC on a 223

Post by m1garand30064 »

Call AWC and ask them.
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Sparrow (Aluminum)
SilencerCo Sparrow (Stainless)
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD
xdeano
Silent But Deadly

Post by xdeano »

I did. Got a halfassed answer. Said its made for a 22 mag type cartridge but on a bolt gun it would be fine. Said it can handle a 223. I just dont want to pop a can. Im looking at trying to get info from someone whos done it. My assumption is that. Gas gun would have less pressure because gas is used to actuate the bolt. So it should work. Right?!
xdeano
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

I own quite a few AWC cans from that time period.
It seems to me anything they made for 22lr had aluminum internals, anything bigger had stainless internals.
If your internals are stainless, I would not be concerned....but like you said, avoid mag dumps.
xdeano
Silent But Deadly

Post by xdeano »

From what I was told is that it's just like the thunderbeast or Raider, just more compact and SS internals that have all been fully welded.

Definitely not going to do a dump that's just unreasonable for this can.

thanks twodollarbill.

xdeano