1/2"-28TPI brass plug

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

JFB

1/2"-28TPI brass plug

Post by JFB »

If any one wants a 1/2"-28 brass plug, I found one at Advance Auto Parts, part # 1510, for $6 with a teflon washer. The lenght of the threads is only 0.430"
LINK
I'm using one to chase the mounting threads since it is slightly longer than the threads on any of my host barrels
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Re: 1/2"-28TPI brass plug

Post by Artful »

Cool - Thanks for passing on .
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
TheSentinel

Post by TheSentinel »

I've beat my head in hands trying to figure out what it would be useful for. What am I missing?
JFB

Post by JFB »

I was looking for something to clean the barrel attachment threads since all my host have threads short of going through the end cap and the last thread gets carbon build up and I did not want to use a tap.
I guess If one has a can that can not be disassembled, they could plug on fill with solvant.
Another possibility might be for making a baffler pusher by drilling and tapping for jack bolt
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

I personally wouldn't use something like this to chase threads and clean them out.

I use a brush to clean my threads.
TheSentinel

Post by TheSentinel »

JFB wrote:I was looking for something to clean the barrel attachment threads since all my host have threads short of going through the end cap and the last thread gets carbon build up and I did not want to use a tap.
I guess If one has a can that can not be disassembled, they could plug on fill with solvant.
Another possibility might be for making a baffler pusher by drilling and tapping for jack bolt
Thanks for the clarification.