CeraKote a can?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Justin89t

CeraKote a can?

Post by Justin89t »

I should be receiving my stamp for a Kestrel22 within the month. I was thinking about getting it CeraKoted once it's in my possession, any thoughts on the matter?
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Re: CeraKote a can?

Post by eastern_hunter »

Need to change the color? Already has a pretty decent black finish.

Personally, I am not a fan of CeraKote. I prefer GunKote as it has been tougher for me.

I can't imagine that you'd get a 22 LR can hot enough to harm either finish.
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

I've done it with no downside. Actually, Iv'e done it to the same can several times. Last time I was out of the good bake on ceramic stuff and went to Autozone and got a can of grill spray paint, flat black. It has held up at least as good as the high(er) dollar stuff.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

My favorite to work with is gun kote but needs baking. If it has a finish leave it until needed.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Unobtanium
Silent But Deadly

Post by Unobtanium »

Aren't Surefire's?
Beretta Steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by Beretta Steel »

What do you guys do about the serial number? I would like to do my Trident in FDE but the engraving is a little thin.

I have the SWR trident label before they changed it to the last one before production ended. I believe this was the 2nd Label design out if three I have seen.

Any ways I do like the white lettering how could I refinish that and keep the lettering without making it look like crap and not have the gun kote fill in the etching/engraving
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Beretta Steel wrote:What do you guys do about the serial number? I would like to do my Trident in FDE but the engraving is a little thin.

I have the SWR trident label before they changed it to the last one before production ended. I believe this was the 2nd Label design out if three I have seen.

Any ways I do like the white lettering how could I refinish that and keep the lettering without making it look like crap and not have the gun kote fill in the etching/engraving
I use a airbrush, can read any fine stamp (like stock) White letters no issue (if stamped ) cure then ad white and wipe off .

If NOT stamp, mask close and feather to the tape in same color.

Here is a Acog I did that come from Afganistan, it had scratches so thicker coats than normally, I blend in to the white letters. ( stock caps not in pic) had to use dura cote for this one for no baking of the scope.

Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
ACKF
Silent Operator

Post by ACKF »

I use ceracoat on my cans usually, have also used the hi temp dura coat. no issues with either.