Integrally suppressed CZ 452

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

rcn11thacr
Silent But Deadly

Integrally suppressed CZ 452

Post by rcn11thacr »

I have a CZ 452 military trainer (24 inch barrel) that I have been toying with the idea of getting it integrally suppressed. I know about screw on cans but have not had experience with the integral route. My 1st question is regarding the overall length of the barrel. Seems that most integrally suppressed rifles are pretty short that I’ve seen. I also understand that a can with greater volume generally has a quieter report. Is there any reason why I should have the barrel cut down as short as most other’s that I’ve seen? Is there any reason why I have to cut its length down? I am not too worried about added weight. I’m more concerned with having as long a barrel as possible for added bullet stability and the longer range shooting this will give. I fully understand that the added weight will be somewhat of a factor traipsing thru the woods. However in Florida it’s not legal to hunt suppressed, so that’s not a factor worth worrying about. My 2nd question is if anyone has done this already with this model? If so, what are your impressions after the work was done? Lastly, which company would give me a rifle that will give me the most quiet, user serviceable, integrally suppressed rifle? This effort is NOT going to done with financial constraints being an issue. I am not concerned with the overall cost. I want a quality product that will last for many years, while being absolutely as quite as possible using current technology. Ideas and opinions appreciated…
Industry Professional

Re: Integrally suppressed CZ 452

Post by Bendersquint »

rcn11thacr wrote:I have a CZ 452 military trainer (24 inch barrel) that I have been toying with the idea of getting it integrally suppressed. I know about screw on cans but have not had experience with the integral route. My 1st question is regarding the overall length of the barrel. Seems that most integrally suppressed rifles are pretty short that I’ve seen. I also understand that a can with greater volume generally has a quieter report. Is there any reason why I should have the barrel cut down as short as most other’s that I’ve seen? Is there any reason why I have to cut its length down? I am not too worried about added weight. I’m more concerned with having as long a barrel as possible for added bullet stability and the longer range shooting this will give. I fully understand that the added weight will be somewhat of a factor traipsing thru the woods. However in Florida it’s not legal to hunt suppressed, so that’s not a factor worth worrying about. My 2nd question is if anyone has done this already with this model? If so, what are your impressions after the work was done? Lastly, which company would give me a rifle that will give me the most quiet, user serviceable, integrally suppressed rifle? This effort is NOT going to done with financial constraints being an issue. I am not concerned with the overall cost. I want a quality product that will last for many years, while being absolutely as quite as possible using current technology. Ideas and opinions appreciated…

I have shot our integrally suppressed rifle out to 175 yards and it is still minute of 6" steel plate.

We haven't done a CZ452 trainer but we are converting a CZ455 Varmint.

Of the companies commercially offering integrals now.
SRT - Sealed can and raw Al baffles.
Thompson Machine - Short barrel, carbon steel tube and poss raw Al baffles(I know they weren't anodizing them last time i checked.) Monocore baffle design so if you wait too long to take it apart you will be stuck.

You need an integral with a SS or Ti tube(rustproof and durability), either SS or Ti baffles(longevity) and a baffle stack.

Our integral is a bit out, still waiting on a few responses from the good 'ole ATF.
rcn11thacr
Silent But Deadly

Post by rcn11thacr »

so that with the suppressor it will measure in at the 16 inch requirement
What requirement? ATF's minimun? That does not fit in here since i want it longer, not shorter.
You need an integral with a SS or Ti tube(rustproof and durability), either SS or Ti baffles(longevity) and a baffle stack.
You didnt mention any companies that currently use these materials. Are there any, and if so who are they?

Would you recomend that this build be a ported or non-ported barrel? What would be the benefit of your choice of these two?
Last edited by rcn11thacr on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blackhorse Scout
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

PM sent.
Bsmith918

Post by Bsmith918 »

I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a 455 Varmint, but really want an integrally suppressed barrel for it. I would love to find the integral barrel and keep the one I have now as is. I really want a SS, serviceable, ported, 16" 455...
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

Bsmith918 wrote:I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a 455 Varmint, but really want an integrally suppressed barrel for it. I would love to find the integral barrel and keep the one I have now as is. I really want a SS, serviceable, ported, 16" 455...
Building a integral to your specs for you is not a problem and you can keep your original barrel.It will cost you one to two stamps plus the build and a box to keep your original barrel in.
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Bsmith918 wrote:I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a 455 Varmint, but really want an integrally suppressed barrel for it. I would love to find the integral barrel and keep the one I have now as is. I really want a SS, serviceable, ported, 16" 455...
Not a problem. ;)

Have you seen our Tomahawk?
Bsmith918

Post by Bsmith918 »

I sent you a pm. Thanks!
HotGuns
Silent But Deadly

Post by HotGuns »

Thompson Machine - Short barrel, carbon steel tube and poss raw Al baffles(I know they weren't anodizing them last time i checked.) Monocore baffle design so if you wait too long to take it apart you will be stuck

Not quite.

Short barrel, stainless steel tube, anodized baffle.
455 CZ built by Thompson Machine.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

HotGuns wrote:
Thompson Machine - Short barrel, carbon steel tube and poss raw Al baffles(I know they weren't anodizing them last time i checked.) Monocore baffle design so if you wait too long to take it apart you will be stuck

Not quite.

Short barrel, stainless steel tube, anodized baffle.
455 CZ built by Thompson Machine.
The ones I have seen were steel tubes with rough welds and raw aluminum baffle.

That is good to see that they have upgraded them.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

The TM website doesn't show that model and the only model they show that is SS is the 10/22 takedown.

All the others are made of non-ss and 6061 baffles! :shock:
Slaine777
Silent Operator

Post by Slaine777 »

I have a CZ452 Trainer. I can't bring myself to get it threaded because I would lose the fantastic iron sights.
Sparrow_27

Post by Sparrow_27 »

Have the sights moved back and then thread it.
Silencerco SS Sparrow