Anyone Try the TacSol Axiom

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Olympus

Anyone Try the TacSol Axiom

Post by Olympus »

I'm new here, but just trying to find some info on this can. TacSol website shows that it just came out this year. I've searched high and low online, but there doesn't seem to be any info out there. I like TacSol products in general and am curious about the Axiom. I was almost set on the S-Co Sparrow, but now I'd like to know how it will stack up to the Axiom.

Anyone?
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Re: Anyone Try the TacSol Axiom

Post by yamatitan »

I have zero experience with it but its a tad longer than I like when you can get the sparrow or element a inch shorter and super quiet and its kinda messed up they copied silencercos half tubes but im thinking it will perform just as good as all the other common .22 cans. Hard to say without metering.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

It would still be of interest for an actual measurement of its
DB rating compared to a Sparrow with the same meter.

The material and workmanship looks good.

The more the merrier. May all manufacturers succeed.
dj_fatstyles
Silent But Deadly

Post by dj_fatstyles »

juat saw on the site that they (tacsol) wont do business with NY. :lol: awesome
SWR Spectre
SWR H.E.M.S. 2
Gemtech SOS-45
Silencerco SS Sparrow
Gemtech Outback IID
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

Thanks fellas. Just haven't seen much online chatter about it. I can get one cheaper than the Sparrow, just nervous about taking a chance on the unknown.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Why the like for the split tube? It still leave an extra part to clean. The SWR's eliminate the extra parts to clean. (like shields )
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

If your worried about cleaning two half tubes than shooting suppressed isnt for you. Hell shooting period isnt.....
kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Post by kaotic504 »

it was at Shot. here's a link to the vid. luckily, it's in the first minute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83DWL52rEZw
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

yamatitan wrote:If your worried about cleaning two half tubes than shooting suppressed isnt for you. Hell shooting period isnt.....
Or if you look at other side of the coin,,,, people who shoot a lot have more to clean so ease and less parts is a plus.

The weight of the can is nice. :D cleaning those baffles and inside of floppy tube? Not my idea of good design.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
tws317

Post by tws317 »

Just watched the take down video on there website. It looks pretty easy to disasseble when it is clean. I'm sure it is not going to be that easy once you have a couple hundred rounds through it. That split in the tube is going to allow crud to seap through and attach to the outer tube and the baffles are still going to get stuck to the split tube. I own a sparrow and its pretty easy to clean.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

tws317 wrote:Just watched the take down video on there website. It looks pretty easy to disasseble when it is clean. I'm sure it is not going to be that easy once you have a couple hundred rounds through it. That split in the tube is going to allow crud to seap through and attach to the outer tube and the baffles are still going to get stuck to the split tube. I own a sparrow and its pretty easy to clean.
Willing to bet that the split tube collapses to form almost a complete tube and that the crud won't affect the outer tube.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

the first thing I'd do is finish splitting the split tube.
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

It looks nice, but whats the real advantage of the extra tube? Shoot 500 plus rounds though that and I bet it will be just like any other can that has K baffles inside a tube. At least with SS Sparrow you can actually split the inside tube in half. I did like the baffles though, they look pretty.
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

gunguy wrote:It looks nice, but whats the real advantage of the extra tube? Shoot 500 plus rounds though that and I bet it will be just like any other can that has K baffles inside a tube. At least with SS Sparrow you can actually split the inside tube in half. I did like the baffles though, they look pretty.
Advantage is no different than that of the sparrow. The inner tubing protects the outer tubing from the gases making it easier to pull the core out. The split tube makes it easy to push the baffles out of the in er tube for cleaning. If TacSol did it right it closes shut when it is in the registered tube so no gases reach the outer tube like on the sparrow.

Simple concept done many times before but never patented like thay are patenting it as the "split tube technology".
piglatinhater
Senior Silent Operator

Post by piglatinhater »

Anyone have an idea on how much these run?
KSoze

Post by KSoze »

I'm sure that comes apart easily, but I'd hate to have to clean that split tube. The half tubes on the Sparrow allow full access to the crud for easy cleaning. I like the titanium bits, though.
gunguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunguy »

Bendersquint wrote:
gunguy wrote:It looks nice, but whats the real advantage of the extra tube? Shoot 500 plus rounds though that and I bet it will be just like any other can that has K baffles inside a tube. At least with SS Sparrow you can actually split the inside tube in half. I did like the baffles though, they look pretty.
Advantage is no different than that of the sparrow. The inner tubing protects the outer tubing from the gases making it easier to pull the core out. The split tube makes it easy to push the baffles out of the in er tube for cleaning. If TacSol did it right it closes shut when it is in the registered tube so no gases reach the outer tube like on the sparrow.

Simple concept done many times before but never patented like thay are patenting it as the "split tube technology".
Bender, what i'm saying is that the sparrow actually has a tube that splits, this looks like a tube inside a tube. I could put my .22lr can inside another tube and ya it would come right out, but you still have to get the baffles out of that tube.
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

gunguy wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:

Bender, what i'm saying is that the sparrow actually has a tube that splits, this looks like a tube inside a tube. I could put my .22lr can inside another tube and ya it would come right out, but you still have to get the baffles out of that tube.
When the tube opens the baffles are set free. Easy to come out.
stingerting

Post by stingerting »

Hey first time posting, I have the sparrow and I'm debating between this and the SWR Spectre.

I watched the interview from Gunblast and the guy said it meters in the high 130's, that's absolutely ridiculous, did he misspeak?!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

stingerting wrote:Hey first time posting, I have the sparrow and I'm debating between this and the SWR Spectre.

I watched the interview from Gunblast and the guy said it meters in the high 130's, that's absolutely ridiculous, did he misspeak?!
Of the two I would go with the Spectre and not even look twice at the TacSol.
ThaDoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThaDoubleJ »

So did anyone buy one or learn more about it?
Proper grammar is awesome.
rancilio

Post by rancilio »

I have a couple hundred rounds through an axiom on a MkIII with Pac-lite then ran out of time. I put some aguila 40gr subs and Rem standard velocity down range. So far it sounds pretty much the same as any other rimfire can mounted to a MkIII, quiet. It did not get dirty enough to impress me when I took it apart. It came apart nearly like new. At this point, I'd say its nice. I will spend some more time with it in a month or so. Sorry not to have more info yet.
A southern Arizona SOT - www.quiettimesports.com
ThaDoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThaDoubleJ »

Any chance you've shot a sparrow for comparison?
Proper grammar is awesome.
rancilio

Post by rancilio »

I have no Sparrow experience. I shot the Axiom back and forth with an Xcaliber Genesis, an SRT Cheyenne XXL, and an integral MkIII. The integral won the quiet contest. Without trying to hear any difference between any of the cans, I'll say I could not tell a difference. I'll get back to them and others in a month or so. I am away for a bit. Army.
A southern Arizona SOT - www.quiettimesports.com
SpeedyR

Post by SpeedyR »

glad to see at least something about the Tacsol can. I saw one a while ago but same as the OP, couldn't find anything about it online. seemed like a good design, but no info out there on it. surprising given how many people I know run TacSol uppers on their Ruger Mark x/Browning Buckmarks. I've got one of the SBX barrels for future use, and generally their quality is on par with most other aftermarket parts (maybe not Kidd or volq level but good enough and price right), but was surprised to not find any info on their current cans.