How to Hush Hush?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

kingjamez
Senior Silent Operator

Re: How to Hush Hush?

Post by kingjamez »

Not that I want to bump this, but....

Just to be clear, I am not and never was suggesting what Hush should or shouldn't post. Not my business and I don't care. I was just looking for a clever way to skip over his news posts. Doubloons method is PERFECT because I can still read Hush's silencer-based posts.

The title was an attempt at being clever. Like most of my attempts it didn't go over to well.
-Jim
My Form 1 Monocore build on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH37sv2ySHmB1tTivFYIF8y2CW8rmiZRi
jradz
Silent Operator

Post by jradz »

doubloon wrote:Voila!

A link to everything but News ... bookmark it.

Code: Select all

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts&fid[]=2&fid[]=5&fid[]=10&fid[]=13&fid[]=4&fid[]=83&fid[]=110&fid[]=102&fid[]=17&fid[]=64&fid[]=75&fid[]=81&fid[]=126&fid[]=74&fid[]=103&fid[]=8&fid[]=86&fid[]=94&fid[]=107&fid[]=106&fid[]=91&fid[]=101&fid[]=90&fid[]=127&fid[]=105&fid[]=87&fid[]=133&fid[]=11&fid[]=134&fid[]=65&fid[]=56&fid[]=57&fid[]=59&fid[]=70&fid[]=71&fid[]=76&fid[]=77&fid[]=78&fid[]=82&fid[]=72&fid[]=80&fid[]=109&fid[]=111&fid[]=12&fid[]=18&fid[]=25&fid[]=52&fid[]=53&fid[]=54&fid[]=55&fid[]=73&fid[]=24&fid[]=22&fid[]=112&fid[]=9&fid[]=68&fid[]=3&fid[]=16&fid[]=130&fid[]=104&fid[]=97&fid[]=129&fid[]=100&fid[]=135&fid[]=45&fid[]=46&fid[]=19&fid[]=27&fid[]=28&fid[]=29&fid[]=30&fid[]=31&fid[]=32&fid[]=33&fid[]=34&fid[]=35&fid[]=36&fid[]=37
Thanks!!!
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

I had the same problem years ago. I got tired of getting swamped with the "news" stories... But I beleave that my reception on the issue was much better...
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

The way I look at it is at least the news stories are fresh and topical instead of the same constant deluge from every lazy twit who wants to buy a suppressor but doesn't want to do any homework.

"Which suppressor is quietest?"

"Is a cheap suppressor good?"

"Hey! Look! An oil can suppressor!"

"Can I shoot 5.56 through my 7.62?"

"Can I shoot 9mm through my 7.62?"

"Can I shoot 22lr through my 9mm?"

"Can I go hunting with my suppressor?"

"Is it OK for me to keep my suppressor under my Transformer bed sheets when I'm not home?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Broken11B
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Broken11B »

doubloon wrote:Well, he asked "how to hush Hush" so the intent as posted was ambiguous at best.

And he did classify Hush's posts at "not legitimate" in a round about way by calling all other posts legitimate.

Either way, why do you want to pick nits with me after I tried to help?
Honestly, not trying to pick nits with you, sorry it came off that way; simply trying to clarify things. I even gave you kudos for a useful response.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Broken11B wrote:
doubloon wrote:
For the most part this site more or less polices itself with a heavy hand toward freedom. Freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of stupidity, freedom of just about anything but not freedom from much of anything.

Every once in a while somebody comes up with the great idea to muffle Hush. Sometimes there's a polite brush off and sometimes it's a beat down with the same zeal that would greet anyone wanting to take away this gun because it's black or that gun because the guy who owns it carries more rounds in it than he needs.

When you encroach on the rights of one you encroach on the rights of all and some people don't respond well to that.
He wasn't trying to "muffle" him in the sense of getting him to stop or taking away his rights, he was just asking how to avoid seeing the posts. Totally different.

And to SigPro: The internet is just another medium that allows people like you to say and do things they wouldn't get away with face to face. Just another big-talking internet tough guy.

Sorry, I have been doing real-life stuff instead of wasting heartbeats on the internet.

I will say the same thing to your face. I have my scars and have earned them. You and your opinion mean nothing to me.

Obviously mine means something to you, judging by your response. How weak of you.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu