My NFA cherry has been popped!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

OJB4
Silent But Deadly

My NFA cherry has been popped!

Post by OJB4 »

My dealer just sent me a text message that my two Spectre II's have been approved and Forms arrived in the mail at his shop today! My NFA cherry has officially been popped......I can't wait to go get my hands on those precious stamps and cans!

Thanks to all you guys who helped me during my initial steps into the NFA world. Now if I could only find some damned 22 ammo to be able to shoot them I would be in good shape.

Other approvals should start coming in in 10 days!

161 days from pending to arrival at the dealer.....and that included a 7 - 10 day hold up from going into "Problem Status"
I've gotta stop this habit.
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Re: My NFA cherry has been popped!

Post by Flipz »

Congrats! And great choice.
rcn11thacr
Silent But Deadly

Post by rcn11thacr »

Now if I could only find some damned 22 ammo to be able to shoot them I would be in good shape.
U should have been looking for and stocking up on ammo long ago...
Blackhorse Scout
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

My dad gave me two boxes of bulk pack ammo for Christmas so I have those......he didn't know that I would have wanted the CCI Standard velocity. I think that being down here where it's hot and humid that even bulk pack in my pistols might stay subsonic......We shall see this weekend after I go pick up my pair of Spectre's.

I didn't stock up on ammo before hand because I never dreamed that buying ammo would be this difficult in my lifetime. After the Sandy Hook incident it was too late. Ammo will come back eventually though....and I'm not a huge shooter so I at least have that going for me when all the 223, 300, 9mm and 45 ACP cans start to get approved in a couple of months.
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

Always plan ahead. When you see a good deal on ammo, stock up. Even if you don't need it. Because there will come a time when you will and cant find it. Like now.......
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

OJB4 wrote:My dad gave me two boxes of bulk pack ammo for Christmas so I have those......he didn't know that I would have wanted the CCI Standard velocity. I think that being down here where it's hot and humid that even bulk pack in my pistols might stay subsonic......We shall see this weekend after I go pick up my pair of Spectre's.

I didn't stock up on ammo before hand because I never dreamed that buying ammo would be this difficult in my lifetime. After the Sandy Hook incident it was too late. Ammo will come back eventually though....and I'm not a huge shooter so I at least have that going for me when all the 223, 300, 9mm and 45 ACP cans start to get approved in a couple of months.

So you got enough ammo for a Saturday then what you gonna do?

I get looks and the guys at the local wally worlds know me by name as when I go in if they have I BUY. Thus I have plenty on my closet now. My wife now thinks I should sell some due to the stupid prices. However as I shoot almost every day I ain't selling none of it. My yard is covered in brass and I am not done yet...
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
piglatinhater
Senior Silent Operator

Post by piglatinhater »

We're going to need pictures
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Pictures indeed are needed! I buy plenty when I do need, but haven't had the need till now. I'm just one of the unlucky guys who got caught needing supplies when the supplies aren't there to be had. Like I said though.....I'm not a frequent shooter so I don't think I'll burn through the 1500 rounds of 22LR that I have. We shall see how my new toys affect my shooting habits!
sarthree
Senior Silent Operator

Post by sarthree »

Congrats man...I'm in the same boat...effing ammo...
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

sarthree wrote:Congrats man...I'm in the same boat...effing ammo...
Ammo will start becoming more available in the next few months. Right now there are tons of backorders to fill. Once theyre off the books youll see more show up online and on store shelves.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Good choice . :P

Not stocking ammo while wait , bad choice. :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
Broken11B
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Broken11B »

I only had 5,000 rounds of .22lr when the shelves emptied and I feel woefully understocked. I stopped shooting .22 and just stick to calibers I have more of and that I can reload.

But lets see some photos!
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Broken11B wrote:I only had 5,000 rounds of .22lr when the shelves emptied and I feel woefully understocked. I stopped shooting .22 and just stick to calibers I have more of and that I can reload.

But lets see some photos!

I have to learn how to load pics now I guess (and finally make an avatar).....I had been putting that off (as well as stocking up on ammo). I'm a lazy ass as you all can tell. HAHA
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Broken11B wrote:I only had 5,000 rounds of .22lr when the shelves emptied and I feel woefully understocked.
Slacker! :lol: