odd caliber question

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

jeepjon
Silent Operator

odd caliber question

Post by jeepjon »

From what I have read searching the threads, 7mm Rem Mag could be suppressed with a can that handles 300Win Mag? Does that mean a can like MK13-SD that can handle that, or should it be on one meant for mainly use on a 300 Win Mag? Does my question make sense? Sorry if it is confusing.

Here are my thoughts:

I have a 7mm rem mag Rem 700 BDL. Love the gun. Would love to suppress it as it is a cannon. Plan on having some 30 cal rifles in the future (308 and 3000BLK). I was hoping to get a can that could do all of those calibers.

Thanks for any advice.
-Jon
KSmoker

Re: odd caliber question

Post by KSmoker »

Since 7mm is .284 any 30 cal suppressor that is magnum capable should be suitable. SWR's new 762 Specwar is 30 cal Magnum capable so it might be worth a call to them. Think when it's released this would be a good bang for the buck magnum capable QD can.

http://www.swrsuppressors.com/products/ ... -762#specs

I'd be interested if it tames the recoil at all. 7mm Mags makes for a great long range round, I just hate the kick :lol: