What are the better online shops to buy suppressors from?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

trek45

What are the better online shops to buy suppressors from?

Post by trek45 »

I'm in the market for some suppressors and since the local shops don't have much in stock I'm looking around online. I'm just finishing up the purchase of one suppressor (1st transfer almost completed), but it's been a nightmare. The seller was just a guy who sells suppressors and stuff from his website. His prices were good, and he seemed legit, but after the payment went through he went AWOL and I won't know for sure if the suppressor actually exists until it arrives at my dealer. So I don't want a repeat of that, ever again.

Silencershop.com is at the top of my list, but since everyone's inventory is down I want to try some other reputable dealers too.

Where else should I be looking?

Thanks!
bdeardorf

Re: What are the better online shops to buy suppressors from

Post by bdeardorf »

silencershop is it for me. They always have what I need and I really like doing business with them. There are a few other sites out there but after doing business with SS and how they handle the paperwork, it will be hard for me to purchase from anyone else.
I usually check out a few others before I buy but the last ones have all come from silencer shop.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Silencershop is good to go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
KSmoker

Post by KSmoker »

Silencershop.com is exceptional. I don't know how much easier it could be and his communication is almost instant.
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Bought the last three from the Silencer Shop. Simply could not ask for better!
trek45

Post by trek45 »

Thanks for the feedback. I hope to buy some suppressors from silencershop, but I'm also looking for other options since silencershop doesn't have everything I need. For instance, they only have one 5.56 suppressor in stock.

Can you guys recommend anyone else worth checking out?
QuIet Noob
Silent Operator

Post by QuIet Noob »

I have had great service from Silenced America. I have bought three cans from them.
QuIet Noob
Silent Operator

Post by QuIet Noob »

I have had great service from Silenced America. I have bought three cans from them.
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

QuIet Noob wrote:I have had great service from Silenced America. I have bought three cans from them.
I was wondering if anyone would suggest Silenced America. I'm currently waiting on a form3 from them. I've been waiting for 7 weeks now...does that sound right? I know everyone in the gun industry is behind these days but 7 weeks seems a bit long for a form3.
Ramius
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ramius »

Shark manufacturing is a manufacturer and has some exceptional cans. Check him out at: http://www.sharksuppressors.com/Catalog.aspx

I am not affiliated with David but do own three of his Ti cans and they are great.

Also must put in a good word for Silencershop, I think he is opening a retail location this week.
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Form 3 transfer times will vary with the examiner and load. Last one from the Silencer Shop was 18 days.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

eastern_hunter wrote:Form 3 transfer times will vary with the examiner and load. Last one from the Silencer Shop was 18 days.

You mean I have a chance to beat you? :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Indeed you do ... that was for the last Octane 9 HD2. The Form 3s for the Octane 45s have still not cleared. But has only been 16 days on those.

I figure you're three weeks ahead of me at least.
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Post by tsands974 »

Silencershop for all my cans
pierre1631
Elite Member

Post by pierre1631 »

We have some M4-2000s if that is what you are considering...
Silent Industries
FFL/SOT
Madison, AL
256-783-5309
"Not the biggest- Just the best!"
Proud AAC SWR Silencerco Stocking Dealer
In einer Welt der Kompromisse Einige Männer Dont.
pcell

Post by pcell »

I've bought several cans from Silenced America, totaling over $1500. Things were pretty good when I bought them. Scott was quick to reply, easy to work with, and seemed to be on top of things.

However, he seems to have a lot going on, and my perception is that communication and timely notification is suffering. He is difficult to get a hold of, via email, via text or via voice.

I had a F4 get approved in mid-December, and wasn't told that it had come back until mid-late Jan. I get that it can take some time for the form to be mailed and arrive, but that combined with the communication hiccups didn't leave me with the warmest of feelings about SA's customer service.

I contrast that experience with my first ever NFA experience buying my first can from another vendor, where I was notified the same day that the F4 came back that it was back.

I'm trying someone new for my next can.
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

pcell wrote:I've bought several cans from Silenced America, totaling over $1500. Things were pretty good when I bought them. Scott was quick to reply, easy to work with, and seemed to be on top of things.

However, he seems to have a lot going on, and my perception is that communication and timely notification is suffering. He is difficult to get a hold of, via email, via text or via voice.

I had a F4 get approved in mid-December, and wasn't told that it had come back until mid-late Jan. I get that it can take some time for the form to be mailed and arrive, but that combined with the communication hiccups didn't leave me with the warmest of feelings about SA's customer service.

I contrast that experience with my first ever NFA experience buying my first can from another vendor, where I was notified the same day that the F4 came back that it was back.

I'm trying someone new for my next can.

Yes I finally got ahold of him today about my form 3. He stated that an error was made and he sent corrections earlier this week. He said it should ship to my local dealer next week so we will see. He was supposed to send me an electronic copy many weeks ago but I never got an email response from him or the other guy who works for him.

I'll definitely try silencershop for my next purchase.
trek45

Post by trek45 »

pcell wrote:I've bought several cans from Silenced America, totaling over $1500. Things were pretty good when I bought them. Scott was quick to reply, easy to work with, and seemed to be on top of things.

Yeah, I sent him an email on the 26th and haven't heard anything back. I'd really like to only deal with people who are available from now on, after the last experience I had.

I'm also thinking:
- Bud's gun shop
- J&G
- JoeBob

Any others worth looking into?
QuIet Noob
Silent Operator

Post by QuIet Noob »

I am bummed to hear about the problems with Scott. He has always taken great care of me. Maybe the ASA is taking more of his time these days. I hope he comes around.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

I believe there is the potential for small hiccups with every dealer, delays, form errors, etc. and I wouldn't necessarily jump to a new dealer for a process related issue unless you've experienced it repeatedly or it's rampant.

I would be very surprised if there was a dealer out there that didn't have at least a few customers who have experienced some kind of "problem". It's going to happen to someone if they do enough business and what really matters is how they handle the issue when it does happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

doubloon wrote:I believe there is the potential for small hiccups with every dealer, delays, form errors, etc. and I wouldn't necessarily jump to a new dealer for a process related issue unless you've experienced it repeatedly or it's rampant.

I would be very surprised if there was a dealer out there that didn't have at least a few customers who have experienced some kind of "problem". It's going to happen to someone if they do enough business and what really matters is how they handle the issue when it does happen.

I agree with you totally. I'm not necessarily displeased with Silenced America, but with all the positive comments regarding Silencer Shop, I'd like to give them a go as well.

Soooo I just bought an Octane 9 HD from them!! As I understand it, they are having a grand opening right now for their second location. They still gave me a great deal of attention and were a pleasure to deal with thus far.

I have been wanting to add a 9mm can to the mix and from all my research, the Octane is a fantastic choice. I could only find one locally and they wanted $800 so I politely declined.