How do you rate suppressor mfg customer sercvice/warranties?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

trek45

How do you rate suppressor mfg customer sercvice/warranties?

Post by trek45 »

I'm trying to figure out which companies are easiest to deal with and stand behind their products, and offer reasonable repairs in a decent timeframe when user error is to blame. Oh, and will reply to emails or answer the phone.

I've never had to deal with a warranty claim, repair, or customer service issue so I don't have any firsthand experience. But from what I've been reading it sounds like Silencerco/SWR and Gemtech are pretty good. Are there any others that stand out?

Thanks!
yooper

Re: How do you rate suppressor mfg customer sercvice/warrant

Post by yooper »

bowers
RWBlue
Silent But Deadly

Post by RWBlue »

SWR, I screwed up the suppressor. I talk to them. I ship it to them. They fixed it and shipped it for free.

Gemtech, they produce a bad design, I will live with it until have to live with it.
cnelson181

Post by cnelson181 »

Liberty.

Great to do business with.

Craig...
trek45

Post by trek45 »

RWBlue wrote: Gemtech, they produce a bad design, I will live with it until have to live with it.
Can you explain this? I was thinking of going with a Gemtech in .308 (since Silencerco/SWR don't offer one).

Also, are there companies to avoid? I was thinking of getting a YHM in .308, but my dealer told me that dealing with them for service is difficult. I definitely want to buy from a company that will be easy to deal with if something goes wrong.
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Gary_SilencerCo »

trek45 wrote:
RWBlue wrote: Gemtech, they produce a bad design, I will live with it until have to live with it.
Can you explain this? I was thinking of going with a Gemtech in .308 (since Silencerco/SWR don't offer one).

Also, are there companies to avoid? I was thinking of getting a YHM in .308, but my dealer told me that dealing with them for service is difficult. I definitely want to buy from a company that will be easy to deal with if something goes wrong.
I have it on good authority that SWR does peoduce a 7.62 can... And it kicks ass
:D
Specwar 7.62
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
everyusernametaken
Senior Silent Operator

Post by everyusernametaken »

I was gonna say, uhh yeah, SWR does make a 7.62 can... :wink:
RWBlue
Silent But Deadly

Post by RWBlue »

trek45 wrote:

I have a Gemtech 308 with QD. It doesn't seal the can well. I have been told they have redesigned it, but it doesn't help me. I could have it converted to a non-QD, but that would be on my dime. I may just have the QD welded in place some day.

Service....I called. Their people were less than useful. I called. Different person was less than useful.

Then there are the suppressors that are breaking apart more recently.

Then there is the legal actions Gemtech has done in the past.

I am looking for a 9mm suppressor. I know a local shop with Gemtechs in stock. It not going to happen. I will find another shop with something besides Gemtech.
cmichael
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cmichael »

I had my SS Sparrow for about 18 month. And shot over 12,000 round. Talk to Mike at the shot show, He ask me to send my Sparrow in for new coat of paint on my tube. I ship it on Tuesday, They received on Thursday, and ship it out the next day with New engrave and new front cap,clam shell and new core, I never ask for the new core :mrgreen:

It take them 1 day to fix the problem and send it back. I can't ask for more from Silencerco. Now I have the Sparrow and 45 Osprey and coming from ATF Spectre II. Still waiting for my Saker to come in to my dealer.
vike
Silent Operator

Post by vike »

From my limited experience and of what many others say on the internet forums: SilencerCo/SWR=very good :D .........AAC/Gemtech=not so good :? I've called Gemtech in the past(about 5 years ago) a bunch and they usually answered the phone and were typically helpful. I called AAC a few times and they never answered the phone. SilencerCo has treated me very well and I wish more businesses would follow their example of customer service. I hope they maintain this level of service and NOT go the route of some of the older companies who rest on their laurels. :x
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

SilencerCo/SWR is great and AAC has made huge improvements under Mers' direction over the past year. They've hired more customer service people and streamlined a lot of their processes. I have a couple friends that had cans in for warranty work and turnaround was very fast.

The main problem right now is that no one can make enough of anything.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Silencerco/SWR take the crown as far as well.....everything. From product innovation, to #1 in customer service. AAC has never done me wrong either. I have sent cans into both manufactures for work and both fixed and returned quickly. Silencerco went above and beyond with next dar air and incl swag in the return box. SWR/Silencerco has even been known to fix products for free that were the broken at the fault of the end user. I've heard some funny stories from my FFL/SOT.

When buying something for life such as a suppressor it seems pretty clear to go with Silencerco/SWR with AAC in a close second. :wink:
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

SWR, Liberty, and Silencerco set the standards.

SWR upgraded all Octane owners to the new design FOR FREE :shock: , this was their idea after redesigning so quickly after the move, . Mine only take two weeks to get back. Forever a SWR fan! The no BS lifetime warranty also a plus two. :D Making the Octane 45 to use the same mounts and pistons,,,,PLUS THREE!!!! :o

S evice
W arranty
R ocks
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
M-60
Senior Silent Operator

Post by M-60 »

The customer service provided by Silencer Co. / SWR is above fantastic.

They messed up the tube on my Warlock during an upgrade and offered me anything they make as a replacement.

I went with the 45 Osprey and it's at my Dealer and I'm waiting on my .Gov masters to say I can bring it home. (along with another Warlock II that I bought to replace my original Warlock)

Silencer Co, and SWR are probably the only manufacturer of cans that I’ll ever buy anymore based on my experience with them.

Well played guys. Well played indeed.
"Superb photos, the best I've ever seen!" ~ Oleg "Peacemonger" Volk
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

M-60 wrote:The customer service provided by Silencer Co. / SWR is above fantastic.

They messed up the tube on my Warlock during an upgrade and offered me anything they make as a replacement.

I went with the 45 Osprey and it's at my Dealer and I'm waiting on my .Gov masters to say I can bring it home. (along with another Warlock II that I bought to replace my original Warlock)

Silencer Co, and SWR are probably the only manufacturer of cans that I’ll ever buy anymore based on my experience with them.

Well played guys. Well played indeed.

It's funny. They have the most successful business model and all they do is take are of their customers, which results in repeat purchases. They are untouchable.
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
vike
Silent Operator

Post by vike »

Sounds like SWR has the best customer service from what many experience. Wish SilencerCo had upgraded my original aluminum Sparrow to the new shorter steel version for free like the Octane or at least much less than $300 :)
cmichael
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cmichael »

My 1st can SS Sparrow
2nd Osprey 45
3rd Spectre II still in ATF jail
4th Saker still waiting for my dealer to get them.

The reason I buy from Silencerco/SWR. Not just the product. Its the warranty and service and extremely fast turn around time. They don't mess around.
sukhoi
Silent But Deadly

Post by sukhoi »

Liberty has been nothing but top notch.

My kodiak tl had the wrong insert put into it and Liberty paid for shipping both ways, put my can at first of the line due to the insert issue and fixed my can for free. They also extended my warranty and I had the can back in under a week.

I also saw where someones Liberty suppressor was stolen and they replaced it for him for free.

They really are a stand up company.
Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

YHM 7.62 Phantom - used most, and primarily on 5.56 platform(s), but also applied to M1A, and Rem 700 hosts.
AAC Tirant-9 - Hosts are a Sig P226 and a 5-1/2" barreled AR.
Gemtech Outback II - Hosts are a Buckmark, and Savage BA rifle.

Happy with all of them.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

Obviously I'm not saying something that hasn't been said before. But Silencerco/SWR has the best customer service, and products in my opinion, in the industry. They absolutely go above and beyond to make sure their customers are happy and their products are top tier. They are definitely game changers that the rest of the industry will be playing catch up with for years to come.
armalite_ar50
Silent Operator

Post by armalite_ar50 »

SWR.

They dealt with a problem that wasn't even theirs.

over nighted the missing piston that the dealer screwed me on.

and had me shooting.

Not warranty work, just AWESOME service.

The Spectre I originally bought was what sold me on the Octane 9.

Dealer SOLD me the piston a week after SWR had it in my hands @ their cost, Dealer said for the price of the can it didn't come with one.

Funny it didn't come with one for the price but SWR mailed one out on their dime over night no charge.

SWR ALL THE WAY!
trek45

Post by trek45 »

It sounds like it's an easy decision to go with Silencerco/SWR. I just wish they made a thread mount .308. Maybe they'll make a .308 Saker or something.

I thought Gemtech also had decent customer service, but it sounds like a few guys here disagree. I'll have to do some more research on them, because if I'm buying a suppressor I'm going to have basically forever, I want it to come from a company that I can get hold of if I need to.

And I have a Liberty can waiting at my dealer, but I don't want to have too many Liberty cans because they're a smaller company and I'd be concerned that my warranty could become null and void if someone gets hit by a bus or something.
sukhoi
Silent But Deadly

Post by sukhoi »

Thats nothing to worry about with either sized company, dave has his wife and many others behind him and his product ( stew, blake etc ) A warranty is a warranty and ive seen dave go above and beyond, no doubt it would be honored. Hell mine was extended to cover repairs automatically. It only happened with ~20 cans but they still made it right.

If you want a thread on can, and liberty has one, i dont see how you could be dissapointed.

All the big boys had a start somewhere, its sad what happened to noveske but they are still trucking along!
Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
wmdaniel70
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wmdaniel70 »

Love my CAC9 on my Uzi. Bowers warranty seems pretty straightforward and no BS. Tom has always been really helpful and polite, and though I have not needed service myself, I have only heard good things!
everyusernametaken
Senior Silent Operator

Post by everyusernametaken »

I'm encouraged to hear a couple reports of AAC having improved CS. Seems like I've only read bad things about customer experiences with them after baffle strikes or any sort of issues, but it's been a while since I've seen any posts of that sort. Hopefully I will have good experience if anything ever happens to my AAC cans...

For 9mm, I believe the Tirant is certainly the benchmark on performance, especially considering how light they are relative to the other 9mm cans. I usually don't sweat a few ounces, but it is a noticeable difference between the Tirant and anything else, and on a light pistol, it's significant to me.

That said, I'm getting an Octane 45 next. I am impressed by SWR's service, and I understand the Octane is a tank. There's definitely value in that durability, especially in the uncertain climate we find ourselves in today.