Gen 4 19 w/ tirant 45 questions

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

ejewels

Gen 4 19 w/ tirant 45 questions

Post by ejewels »

Hey guys-

So I finally got my tirant 45 back. I'm low on funds so instead of buying the real gun I want(USP Tac), I wanna run it on my glock 19 gen 4. A few Q's:

1) will a Lonewolf barrel and 1/2 x 28 piston be all I need?
2) anyone ever try this on a gen 4?
3) would this set up with proper 9mm ammo be quieter than actually using a .45?

Any help much appreciated.
bkoski
Silent Operator

Re: Gen 4 19 w/ tirant 45 questions

Post by bkoski »

Congrats on getting your Tirant 45!

1. I have a lone wolf 1/2x28 barrel & piston for use on my Glock 9mm handguns, though I am running a Silencerco 45Osprey. I believe the design principle is the same. You should only need the 1/2x28 piston.

2. Mine is a Gen3 G19, but I don't see there being any issue with a Gen4.

3. Shooting 147gr 9mm through my 45 caliber Osprey is quieter than 230gr .45acp through the same silencer. The hard part these days is finding the 147+ weight 9mm ammo.

Quick video of 9mm through my .45 silencer on a glock 19:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNdGcsVfy6k

Hope that helps a bit, maybe more people will chime in? Enjoy your Tirant!

-BK
ejewels

Post by ejewels »

Thanks, awesome video. I hope I can find that ammo! Cool to know its quieter than .45, on a .45! I think I'm more concerned with gen 4 compatibility now.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

The Tirant 45 is very quiet with 9mm.

The recoil spring shelf on the barrel is slightly different on Gen 4 but LW say they have no plans to change because the barrels still work fine on Gen 4.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

My favorite setup is using a wet Tirant 45, with 158gr Fiocchi 9mm ammo. Sounds unbelievable... pretty much like movie quiet.
ejewels

Post by ejewels »

Can anyone verify if the glock factory barrel will work in the gen 4? If not I guess it's a Lonewolf.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

ejewels wrote:Can anyone verify if the glock factory barrel will work in the gen 4? If not I guess it's a Lonewolf.
Most definitely, since the factory threaded barrels are considered gen4 also. I'm even using one in my G19 gen2 and works fine.

Get factory if you can so you can benefit from the better metric threads (o-rings, muzzle indexing, twist rate direction).
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

ejewels wrote:Can anyone verify if the glock factory barrel will work in the gen 4? If not I guess it's a Lonewolf.
Yes, it will.

I have one and it runs great in a gen4 19
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
DW76

Post by DW76 »

Hi guys. I have an octane 9 coming and need a glock barrel. Do you guys with left hand threaded barrels have any trouble with a right hand threaded (mount to suppresser tube) silencer? Without a wrench, it seems as one thread set tighten's up, the other would crack loose.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

DW76 wrote:Hi guys. I have an octane 9 coming and need a glock barrel. Do you guys with left hand threaded barrels have any trouble with a right hand threaded (mount to suppresser tube) silencer? Without a wrench, it seems as one thread set tighten's up, the other would crack loose.
No trouble with my Tirant 45 and Glock barrel. The piston housing mounts RH to the tube, and then the piston mounts to the barrel LH. At least for the Tirant, I don't have to tighten down the piston housing hardly at all. It doesn't move while shooting...even if loosened. The anti-seize grease I apply on the tube threads helps.

And thanks to the O-rings and LH threading, the piston doesn't back off the barrel either. If anything it gets tightened as I shoot.
No2sc2
Senior Silent Operator

Post by No2sc2 »

I have a Glock 19 RTF2 with Stormlake barrel. It works fine with that set up but I have the TiRant 9, instead of the TiRant 45. I am in the process of selling my glock 19 so I might put my stormlake barrel up for sale. Its threaded 1/2x28
ejewels

Post by ejewels »

Anyone wanna sell me their OEM Threaded barrel? I can't find them anywhere...
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

ejewels wrote:Anyone wanna sell me their OEM Threaded barrel? I can't find them anywhere...
The G21 threaded barrels are readily available, but the G17 and G19 barrels are still OOS everywhere. Will keep an eye out for them.