Do these Silencerco ads seem like a good idea to ANYONE?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Re: Do these Silencerco ads seem like a good idea to ANYONE?

Post by bikefreek »

Id say since those ads generated an entire thread on a message board directed at silencer ownership.... they were a good idea. As far as what the liberals decide to do about it.... grow a sack.
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Post by bikefreek »

The people from Silencerco/SWR have done more for awareness about the legality and legitimate use of cans than any of the critics in this thread ever will. I think instead of criticism maybe you should try "thank you".
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Oh the high horse of the foul mouth nun.
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
1mobum
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1mobum »

Gary_SilencerCo wrote:Those posters are about 3 years old now. It was intended as a humorous way to draw attention to the fact Silencers ARE legal and aren't used primarily for illegal things. It has been effective. Many new users/owners have been made aware and the dealers who have put the signs up rave about them and how effective they are at starting the conversation. Anything can be used against us...and will. I've seen far more Risque ads, even in the silencer world...something about a kitten and a can.
The ad was intended to draw attention to common misconceptions within the shooting public about Silencer ownership AND usage. Those are humorous examples of the things we have heard people say about "What would I want with a silencer? I might shoot my neighbors dog", etc , etc, etc....the things we all hear right after someone initially finds out silencers ARE legal and wonders why someone would want one.
Then comes the opportunity to explain them for what they are, personal protective equipment and a safety enhancement. The ad served its purpose and continues to do so at gun stores across the country.

Since then, the silencers are legal campaign has since taken a much different look and feel and I believe continues to be effective...We have directly aided through the ASA the legalization of hunting in many states, proof of the overall effectiveness of the campaign. Many legislators in many states have had a chuckle about the poster, I know because I was there. We do still have the posters and they do continue to be effective at their established goal. Any marketing we do with humor injected will have critics, not everyone has the same sense of humor. I find Zombie marketing and products childish, but people sure seem to love it and as long as people do, it will continue to be done. So if you found the ads offensive because of "Potential" misuse by our enemies, We are sorry. I can only speak to the GOOD they have already done as people in TX, AZ, WY, OK who will reap the benefit hunting with silencers this fall.
In order to help get these offensive posters off the market for Este, and prevent their potential misuse we will send at no charge, a poster and a sticker pack (Full of other potentially offensive little gems, like "Always wear protection" or Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes) to Silencertalk members who email their contact info to [email protected] within the next 48 hours and say "I want an offensive poster and sticker" please include your screen name.

:D
I for one will say thanks for taking the time to answer for the Co. I really appreciate the response. While i say it is "douchey" who cares what I say and sometimes things in business have to be "douchey" to be fun and do see it is what you guys meant by it and meant well.

When I bought my first can my dealer had an ad about " shooting the neighbors cat, whacking tree rats and on and on" I thought it was stupid but once I got to somewhat know him I saw the bigger picture and that he was not serious

I will also admit that you guys do a lot for our freedoms and do not deny that I on a personal level am not able to do what you do, so in no way am I bad mouthing the people who made the and approved the add just saying not what I would do.

You answer was a very polite way of saying "oh shut the F--k up and quick bitch'n like a bunch of Sallies. You love us you hates us whatever it's cool. free s--t bitches!!! :D

Really thought thanks again.

P.S. I love free s--t
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Gary_SilencerCo »

1mobum wrote:
Gary_SilencerCo wrote:Those posters are about 3 years old now. It was intended as a humorous way to draw attention to the fact Silencers ARE legal and aren't used primarily for illegal things. It has been effective. Many new users/owners have been made aware and the dealers who have put the signs up rave about them and how effective they are at starting the conversation. Anything can be used against us...and will. I've seen far more Risque ads, even in the silencer world...something about a kitten and a can.
The ad was intended to draw attention to common misconceptions within the shooting public about Silencer ownership AND usage. Those are humorous examples of the things we have heard people say about "What would I want with a silencer? I might shoot my neighbors dog", etc , etc, etc....the things we all hear right after someone initially finds out silencers ARE legal and wonders why someone would want one.
Then comes the opportunity to explain them for what they are, personal protective equipment and a safety enhancement. The ad served its purpose and continues to do so at gun stores across the country.

Since then, the silencers are legal campaign has since taken a much different look and feel and I believe continues to be effective...We have directly aided through the ASA the legalization of hunting in many states, proof of the overall effectiveness of the campaign. Many legislators in many states have had a chuckle about the poster, I know because I was there. We do still have the posters and they do continue to be effective at their established goal. Any marketing we do with humor injected will have critics, not everyone has the same sense of humor. I find Zombie marketing and products childish, but people sure seem to love it and as long as people do, it will continue to be done. So if you found the ads offensive because of "Potential" misuse by our enemies, We are sorry. I can only speak to the GOOD they have already done as people in TX, AZ, WY, OK who will reap the benefit hunting with silencers this fall.
In order to help get these offensive posters off the market for Este, and prevent their potential misuse we will send at no charge, a poster and a sticker pack (Full of other potentially offensive little gems, like "Always wear protection" or Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes) to Silencertalk members who email their contact info to [email protected] within the next 48 hours and say "I want an offensive poster and sticker" please include your screen name.

I for one will say thanks for taking the time to answer for the Co. I really appreciate the response. While i say it is "douchey" who cares what I say and sometimes things in business have to be "douchey" to be fun and do see it is what you guys meant by it and meant well.

When I bought my first can my dealer had an ad about " shooting the neighbors cat, whacking tree rats and on and on" I thought it was stupid but once I got to somewhat know him I saw the bigger picture and that he was not serious

I will also admit that you guys do a lot for our freedoms and do not deny that I on a personal level am not able to do what you do, so in no way am I bad mouthing the people who made the and approved the add just saying not what I would do.

You answer was a very polite way of saying "oh shut the F--k up and quick bitch'n like a bunch of Sallies. You love us you hates us whatever it's cool. free s--t bitches!!! :D

Really thought thanks again.

P.S. I love free s--t
Haha. We just love ya.
Send the email, put your screen name in and I'll send you a less controversial "goodie"
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
laxguy59
Silent But Deadly

Post by laxguy59 »

okay Gary to really solidify your cool kid status, who is FirearmConcierge? Also, thanks for answering some of my questions from his reddit ask me anything post.
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

laxguy59 wrote:okay Gary to really solidify your cool kid status, who is FirearmConcierge? Also, thanks for answering some of my questions from his reddit ask me anything post.
Sworn to secrecy under threat of further airport bar stalking
:shock:
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
laxguy59
Silent But Deadly

Post by laxguy59 »

Gary_SilencerCo wrote:Sworn to secrecy under threat of further airport bar stalking
LOL, alright Mr. Jack and Coke, but one day I'm going to get you guys to shoot 44mag from a 16" with an Osprey on your meters!
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

laxguy59 wrote:
Gary_SilencerCo wrote:Sworn to secrecy under threat of further airport bar stalking
LOL, alright Mr. Jack and Coke, but one day I'm going to get you guys to shoot 44mag from a 16" with an Osprey on your meters!
If you have a gun, send it
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
laxguy59
Silent But Deadly

Post by laxguy59 »

Gary_SilencerCo wrote:
laxguy59 wrote:
If you have a gun, send it
AWESOME! let me get some stuff together for it.
QuIet Noob
Silent Operator

Post by QuIet Noob »

One more reason to love Silencerco! No other brand for me!

Email on the way.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Dweezil wrote:I guess I'm alone in thinking this ad campaign was really funny.
You're not alone....
pierre1631
Elite Member

Post by pierre1631 »

Everyone that came into my office had a chuckle or it was the "inception" for their purchasing a suppressor. So I for one think it was a great marketing idea.

I will take the liberal stance now....

I'm offended that you are offended by what offended you!
Silent Industries
FFL/SOT
Madison, AL
256-783-5309
"Not the biggest- Just the best!"
Proud AAC SWR Silencerco Stocking Dealer
In einer Welt der Kompromisse Einige Männer Dont.
arbullet
Senior Silent Operator

Post by arbullet »

Cool free stuff!
hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Post by hs338lapua »

bikefreek wrote:The people from Silencerco/SWR have done more for awareness about the legality and legitimate use of cans than any of the critics in this thread ever will. I think instead of criticism maybe you should try "thank you".

I was thinking this when I clicked on this thread.

Thank you SilencerCo and SWR!
You can't ever have too much KFC!
bamachem
Silent Operator

Post by bamachem »

Free Schwag! Nice! :)
www.parabellum.us
Type 01 FFL
DarkPhoenix
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DarkPhoenix »

While I might not think it is the best way to market a silencer, the poster will look awesome in the mancave. Thank you for fighting for our rights!
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Now we have to work on the powers that be in Louisiana to allow hunting with a silencer! Nutria and pigs are legal, but I want more!
I've gotta stop this habit.
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by lafsnguy »

OJB4 wrote:Now we have to work on the powers that be in Louisiana to allow hunting with a silencer! Nutria and pigs are legal, but I want more!
Yes this please. I've contacted a few people and doesn't look like it will happen this year. It's a fiscal year and they can only introduce 5 non budgetary bills. Texas Mississippi and Arkansas all allow hunting with silencer time for Louisiana to get with the program.
sniper1
Silent But Deadly

Post by sniper1 »

I think it's hilarious. Email sent. Feel free to send me the most offensive items you have!
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

As a dog owner, though not a dog that stays outside, I don't want anyone secretly shooting my dog. Call animal control and the dog owner will get a warning or fine.
ToyotaGuru
Silent Operator

Post by ToyotaGuru »

Email sent for the free stuff :D :D Thanks SilencerCo
piglatinhater
Senior Silent Operator

Post by piglatinhater »

Email sent, nice
jmcinroe

Post by jmcinroe »

email sent :)
xring11

Post by xring11 »

Email sent!
Thanks!