Suppressed m&p 15-22

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

LEON54
Silent Operator

Suppressed m&p 15-22

Post by LEON54 »

I just got one, haven't shot it yet though. Does anyone have one and shoot it suppressed and if so, how does it sound?
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Re: Suppressed m&p 15-22

Post by rogerme »

LEON54 wrote:I just got one, haven't shot it yet though. Does anyone have one and shoot it suppressed and if so, how does it sound?
Mine sounds fine. It dont like subs though.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Mine is cut to 4.5". It's good with the SS Sparrow but gasses with the Spectre II. it is fine with CCI MM and awesome with CCI SV. Love it.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
KSmoker

Post by KSmoker »

Where you would engrave that gun to SBR it?? Looks pretty cool!
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

The engraving is below the "M&P" on the mag well but I blended it out for the photo.
nbw123

Post by nbw123 »

What type of mag is that? How many rounds will it hold?
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

It's a custom job. I adapted a E&L plate to an 220 round American 180 drum with a S&W 10 round mag. It fires 203 rounds.
zevdogs
Silent But Deadly

Post by zevdogs »

Ive got one I did a lot of custom suppressor work on
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKpfdf3b ... ata_player
Cannon500

Post by Cannon500 »

Mine sounds good with a Sparrow, and runs great on Eley Sport. Trigger needs a little more tweaking to get it to run with the Slidefire (though it will occasionally do mag dumps unsuppressed with HV ammo.)
LEON54
Silent Operator

Post by LEON54 »

Cool, if it gasses withe Spectre "my fav supressor"
I bet it will run great with my octane, plenty of space in there. Should look pretty cool to. I just need to get the damn bird cage off the barrel.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Careful removing the FH on a M&P 15-22. You will need to clamp on to the barrel or you will destroy the upper or ejector.
1mobum
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1mobum »

strobro32 wrote:Mine is cut to 4.5". It's good with the SS Sparrow but gasses with the Spectre II. it is fine with CCI MM and awesome with CCI SV. Love it.
That is frick'n nice. Were the pins walking on ya or just added insurance?
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Yes they were walking on me. I think the J spring was defective but the KNS M&P pins were actually designed around the the extra wide receiver unlike the OEM AR pins S&W uses.
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

strobro32 wrote:Careful removing the FH on a M&P 15-22. You will need to clamp on to the barrel or you will destroy the upper or ejector.

They sure do put those things on pretty tight. I took mine off yesterday. Hope I didn't screw anything up in the process.....I just held the entire gun between my legs and used a 16 in adjustable crescent to take it off. Guess I'll find out this weekend when I shoot her with my Kodiak TL.
I've gotta stop this habit.
zevdogs
Silent But Deadly

Post by zevdogs »

OJB4 wrote:
strobro32 wrote:Careful removing the FH on a M&P 15-22. You will need to clamp on to the barrel or you will destroy the upper or ejector.

They sure do put those things on pretty tight. I took mine off yesterday. Hope I didn't screw anything up in the process.....I just held the entire gun between my legs and used a 16 in adjustable crescent to take it off. Guess I'll find out this weekend when I shoot her with my Kodiak TL.
Put the gun on something very soft and use a wrench on the flash hider .. Then by hitting the wrench in a very fast but light stroke it will losen it with out torque on your gun
LEON54
Silent Operator

Post by LEON54 »

Got the bird cage off and added my octane and it looks pretty cool. I used a big cresent wrench to get the fh off.
hjmpanzr

Post by hjmpanzr »

I took mine to the range for the first time last weekend sporting the Spectre. It ran great. Very fun to shot.
I put an aim point on and swapped out triggers for tomorrow's trip.
Regarding ammo. Given the craziness, I didn't want to dip into my case of CCI standard velocity or subsonic so i took the old box of Remington (remember the 525 rd open boxes) and about 60 percent went supersonic going thru about 200 rds. Tomorrow I will be taking the CCI SV. My son will be shooting the Remington from now on.
Also, I noticed that the SBR above has a different rail. I would love to change the stock MP one out. Anyone have experience with that?
rckshrk

Post by rckshrk »

strobro32 wrote:Mine is cut to 4.5". It's good with the SS Sparrow but gasses with the Spectre II. it is fine with CCI MM and awesome with CCI SV. Love it.
What do you mean by it gasses? Just curious. I have a 5.5" that I shoot with a Spectre II and I love it. Just wondering if it's a case of you don't know what you don't know or am I some how avoiding the "gassing" issue.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

I meant that the Spectre II redirects more gas to my face than the SS Sparrow.

I notice it more while indoor shooting where there is no breeze. This may or may not be a problem with my drum. it's harder to hold my breath when I'm blasting through 200 continuous rounds.
LEON54
Silent Operator

Post by LEON54 »

Just shot my s&p 15-22 and love it. It runs great on subs with octane. The thing runs good and sounds like a pellet gun.
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

Holy crap what is this setup? And where do I buy these parts to customize my AR?
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

S&W M&P 15-22 SBR
bobbed "speed" hammer mod with FCG polishing
4.5" barrel with sparrow thread specs
custom bolt buffer
Troy rail and sights
Tacticool22 hand guard adapter
KNS 15-22 hammer pins
Magpul K grip
modified A&D/ Bazooka Brothers plate mated to a 10 round S&W mag
200 round American 180 drum and winder
18 dummy rounds bound together with Black Dog Machine silicone ties
modified vz58 stock
SilencerCo Sparrow suppressor
bubba04

Post by bubba04 »

strobro32 wrote:S&W M&P 15-22 SBR
bobbed "speed" hammer mod with FCG polishing
4.5" barrel with sparrow thread specs
custom bolt buffer
Troy rail and sights
Tacticool22 hand guard adapter
KNS 15-22 hammer pins
Magpul K grip
modified A&D/ Bazooka Brothers plate mated to a 10 round S&W mag
200 round American 180 drum and winder
18 dummy rounds bound together with Black Dog Machine silicone ties
modified vz58 stock
SilencerCo Sparrow suppressor
Sorry to bring this up from the dead, but what did you do to modify your bolt buffer? I want to chop my barrel to 4.5 inches as well but am conceited about reliability.

Thanks.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

The bolt buffer did not increase the reliability. It works well with ans without the buffer.

The buffer I made is cut from a 1/8 sheet of rubber. It fits behind the bolt and stays against the plastic bolt stop block. The bolt rails hold it in place. It's shaped like the profile of the bolt stop block. I did recently take it out as the sound reduction was not as good as I wanted.

BTW, Bazooka Brothers are now using my modification of the A&D plates for 165 and 200 round AM180 drum adapters. They are currently for sale.
bubba04

Post by bubba04 »

strobro32 wrote:The bolt buffer did not increase the reliability. It works well with ans without the buffer.

The buffer I made is cut from a 1/8 sheet of rubber. It fits behind the bolt and stays against the plastic bolt stop block. The bolt rails hold it in place. It's shaped like the profile of the bolt stop block. I did recently take it out as the sound reduction was not as good as I wanted.

BTW, Bazooka Brothers are now using my modification of the A&D plates for 165 and 200 round AM180 drum adapters. They are currently for sale.

Ok awesome, so you are not having reliability options running it after cutting the barrel down that short. I plan on running mine suppressed the entire time, so I figure I should have issues, since the suppressor should help make up for the lost barrel length.

I will have to check those mags out. They are wicked.