Ammo for 22lr is sicking!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

LEON54
Silent Operator

Ammo for 22lr is sicking!

Post by LEON54 »

I can't even find a box of 22 just to go have fun.
This is crazy. Bought a s&p 15-22 but I can't go to the home ranch and shoot. Wtf is going on? This Suxs. Abbleammo is price guaging so bad they are selling a brick for 119. They are obviously not patriots and are out there to rob peopple!. We need to start a forum that directly informs peole on where to get ammo. F--k the government! We need to band to gather and share info on where we fellow americans can get ammo "We need ammo, not homeland security"! Lets share info and placees to by ammo!
LEON54
Silent Operator

Re: Ammo for 22lr is sicking!

Post by LEON54 »

Guys, we need ammo. This is such a joke!!
What good is a AR-15 or ak going to do us if we have no ammo.
22lr is the most cost effective ammo on many different platforms. Manufactures should start selling back to civilians.
ronin111
Silent But Deadly

Post by ronin111 »

A shop near me just got in over 20 cases of bulk 22lr and they've been getting large orders weekly. They had 9mm, .40, .45 and 5.56 too. It's selling fast, that's why there's so little available. People are stocking up and buying everything in sight.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

I got 25cases showing up Monday of federal bulk pack. It is out there most are placing it on gunbroker.
Sparrow_27

Post by Sparrow_27 »

My LGS had 300,000 rnds of .22 come in. It was sold out in less than 5 hours!
Silencerco SS Sparrow
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

The lack of 22 LR available is amazing! The prices on Gunbroker are NUTS!

Sure am glad have been buying CCI SV by the brick for the last 18 months. Should have bought twice as much!
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Morons are bidding up cases of federal value pack to over a grand .
btb601
Silent But Deadly

Post by btb601 »

I hear you, I have a new Octane and had two rounds to shoot with.....
Yeah, 6 month wait just to shoot two rounds thru it. :roll:
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

Well, some of you guys got caught with your pants down. Lesson learned. Keep an eye on the world around you. With this current political climate you have few allies. NRA is the only one that has consistently been there to protect the 2nd. ammendment. But the ammo shortage is a whole other beast. No law against GREED, but it sickens me and so do those that WALLOW in it. There's no justifing it in my mind, period. Liberals/Progressives/Dems. love seeing us doing the frenzy buying & squirming. I for one won't be a part of it. I have enough supplies to last me. I always did believe in stashing for a rainy day, no matter what it is.........
tws317

Post by tws317 »

I've said this before in other places. Remeber the places that are gouging and don't give them your buisness when this madness ends, it will adventually end. I started with Cheaper than dirt when they were selling aluminum AR mags for $120 a piece. I will never order another thing from them.
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

I don't mind a reasonable premium in such times ... good for the fellas who made the investment in stock to be rewarded a bit. But much of what is happening is beyond that.

Let's see if folks exercise better sense in the future.
hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Post by hs338lapua »

I don't really see it as gouging. I've always looked at guns and ammo as investments. Just as gold, silver, stocks etc. If I had the foresight to buy investments when the price was low why should I feel bad selling to people who want my product? It is supply and demand that dictate the price of things.

If I bought silver at $4.00/oz 10 years ago and spot is nearly $30 today should I sell it for $4 because that's what I paid? No! Do people sell stocks for what they paid? No! What about machine guns? If I was born 10 years earlier I could have bought an Mp5 for $1000 they are now $16,000! That isn't gouging. It's investing. I was actually laughed at by my friends when I ordered 30 cases of 22 ammo from Wally world. I paid just under $10 a box of 550. Later that summer they jumped to $14/box. Now they are $25 when walmart has it in stock. If people are willing to pay the $60-100 a box that is their business. If the market supports it, it is what it is worth.
You can't ever have too much KFC!
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Not greed if you toss it on a no reserve auction. Let the unprepared fight it out.
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

In principle I agree with the statement of not dealing with the stores/shops that are gouging, however at this point it would eliminate just about all of them. Brownells is an exception, but they're out of stock on all ammo & mags. They openly said they wouldn't charge excessive prices that they had control over, like AR mags.
It's one thing to make a decent profit for your investment, it's another thing to take advantage of people when they're at a disadvantage. Jacking up a price way beyond normal profit is gouging no matter how you try to cut it. And, putting a price tag of $75+ on a brick of .22s as a starting price is nothing short of being an ignorant asshole in my book. And the guy that pays that much or more is a moron. Same goes for magazines. I want a couple mags. for my M&P 22 pistol. Normally about $30 retail. Jerks on GB starting out at $55 & $80. They can shove them, I'll do without. I refuse to be taken advantage of. I consider it an insult.
Say whay you want, It's GREED to me. End of story. What's sad is it's been the American Way since our very beginnings and it's what's made this country what it is, or I should say WAS. Nuff said, you get my take on it and I'm stickin' to it.
Liver
Silent But Deadly

Post by Liver »

Nah. Either you believe in capitalism or you don't. People selling for what people buying for. People buying for people are selling. This is a luxury item. Buy or don't buy. No reason to get gouged or stop doing business with a perceived injustice.
jackson
Silent But Deadly

Post by jackson »

when i brought this up a couple of months ago about ctd gouging so many said it was ok,supply and demand.i do not agree so much with this way of thinking.i feel if some one would do this to make an extra buck then during a drought they would want some one,s farm for a drink of water.i have talked to dealers and been told that they are not being charged any more for ammo then before all this gouging started. so all i can say is you should have prepared better and not have waited until now to purchase ammo. (remember its only supply and demand)
btb601
Silent But Deadly

Post by btb601 »

I did see this coming so I made several major purchases right off the bat. The ammo I wanted was out then too. I now regret not getting into reloading end of last year.
I do have around 18000 .22s left............
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

btb601 wrote:I did see this coming so I made several major purchases right off the bat. The ammo I wanted was out then too. I now regret not getting into reloading end of last year.
18,000 is about what I have on hand. Holding onto it in wait for my Sparrow in July or thereabouts. I've reloaded since I was a kid, now in my 60s. Always have an inventory of everything.
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

jackson wrote:when i brought this up a couple of months ago about ctd gouging so many said it was ok,supply and demand.i do not agree so much with this way of thinking.i feel if some one would do this to make an extra buck then during a drought they would want some one,s farm for a drink of water.i have talked to dealers and been told that they are not being charged any more for ammo then before all this gouging started. so all i can say is you should have prepared better and not have waited until now to purchase ammo. (remember its only supply and demand)
Supply & demand is a normal function of retail business in this country and it's fine to an extent. Gouging is when the normal price skyrockets due to an unforeseen circumstance. If you remember price gouging occured with gasoline a few years ago and some attny. generals of states were investigating gas stations that were involved. Same can be said with portable generators as Hurricanes, tornadoes were the cataylists. Like I said it's the American Way. It's not right, but that's the way people are. You gotta kick-em when they're down, nothin' personal mind you, it's strictly business. That makes it ok......................
mcmillanman5
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcmillanman5 »

Regarding the price of ammo it's supply and demand. If you don't like the prices don't buy it, it's not gouging as ammo is not a necessity as mentioned above and no one is forcing anyone to purchase. Wait it out and use this as a learning experience for the future as I am certain this will not be the last time a shortage will occur.
btb601 wrote:I did see this coming so I made several major purchases right off the bat. The ammo I wanted was out then too. I now regret not getting into reloading end of last year.
You should list some of your 22 ammo to trade for 9mm if you really do only have two rounds of nine.
firstsgtsteiner
Silent Operator

Post by firstsgtsteiner »

The problem I see happening in the future is what has happened to gas. The companies see that we are willing to pay an insane amount for lets say .22lr, well why should they stop making crazy profits? they can keep the prices up since we are obviously willing to pay it. Think of it as whats happened to gas, we pay $4 a gallon now, because the big oil companies have desensitized us to think that $3.70 is "cheap" now... they raise it high, we freak, they lower it, but keep it a few cents over what it was, we sigh with relief that its down, then they repeat process until its now $4.00/gal and we pay it. All it takes is a big crisis to springboard the process ( katrina, the oil rig etc.).. We are looking at that springboard for the gun industry right now.
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

firstsgtsteiner wrote:The problem I see happening in the future is what has happened to gas. The companies see that we are willing to pay an insane amount for lets say .22lr, well why should they stop making crazy profits? they can keep the prices up since we are obviously willing to pay it. Think of it as whats happened to gas, we pay $4 a gallon now, because the big oil companies have desensitized us to think that $3.70 is "cheap" now... they raise it high, we freak, they lower it, but keep it a few cents over what it was, we sigh with relief that its down, then they repeat process until its now $4.00/gal and we pay it. All it takes is a big crisis to springboard the process ( katrina, the oil rig etc.).. We are looking at that springboard for the gun industry right now.
I really hate to even consider it, but I feel in my gut that you are right. I've thought the same thing when this all first came about. Goes back to the Greed thing. People are not going to want to let go of these insane profits they're raking in. Only ones that can stop them are us.....the consumer.
dan9591
Silent But Deadly

Post by dan9591 »

1. This is America. Capitalism at it's best.
2. People had how many years before this crisis to stock up on ammo?
3. Probably right about prices staying high. Wouldn't you sell your product for a higher price if the market would bear it?
4. http://ammoseek.com and http://www.gunbot.net
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

Really, this is all about the left/libs./dems. and people control. They want us eating out of their hands.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Dealer pricing has not changed.