video up Integ suppressed 300BLK

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

ACKF
Silent Operator

video up Integ suppressed 300BLK

Post by ACKF »

The link to the YouTube video shows the new Black Ops 300 rifle firing several shots. You hear the sound signature of this unique suppressed rifle from several different angles. This video was shot just last Thursday.
With sub MOA performance, adjustable stock, optional interchangeable AR15 style stocks, interchangeable AR15 style grips, equipment rails and 20 round magazines, this is a unique offering in bolt action rifles. Choice of scope and mount is up to the discretion of the buyer.
This 30 caliber firearm is hearing safe with all commonly available industry standard ammunition whether sub-sonic or not. Sub sonic ammunition sounds about like a staple gun. The sound of the projectile impacting over 100 yards away is louder than the muzzle signature.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iECNnjDd ... e=youtu.be
ACKF
Silent Operator

Re: video up Integ suppressed 300BLK

Post by ACKF »

Thoughts? Comments?
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

What ammo are you shooting there?

the stock looks cool.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
ACKF
Silent Operator

Post by ACKF »

JasonM wrote:What ammo are you shooting there?

the stock looks cool.
Depends, some of the shots were with remington factory subsonic loads. When we went for 100 meter accuracy testing we used seria match king, 220 gr over SR4759 9.82 grains. That load produces consistant 1060FPS rounds.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

ACKF wrote:Thoughts? Comments?
Nice rifle but no pricing. :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
ACKF
Silent Operator

Post by ACKF »

Emilio wrote:
ACKF wrote:Thoughts? Comments?
Nice rifle but no pricing. :mrgreen:
http://blackops300.com/

Here is a link to the web page with all of the info. New options coming soon are a thermal mount and side rails. The hog hunters in Texas apparently like to hunt at night.
ACKF
Silent Operator

Post by ACKF »

We received the same request from different customers from different states so a neew accy will be in the works next week. It appears that we need a top rail over the forearm for thermal / night vision equip. Will start the design process next week for that.
bayonet14
Silent But Deadly

Post by bayonet14 »

$3500 bucks w/o glass :shock:
ACKF
Silent Operator

Post by ACKF »

bayonet14 wrote:$3500 bucks w/o glass :shock:

Do you drive a chevy, ford, or porsche?
There are people who will never purchase a custom shop S&W, Colt, or SIG because there is something that fits their needs in an off the shelf product at a much lower price. This is not an off the shelf gun nor was it intended to be, it is a custom built and hand assembled precision tool. The posted video was shot on a private farm owned by a former Navy SEAL. Some of the guys there wanted the rifle as soon as they saw it, even before they shot it. The land owner was another story as he has years of experience in precision shooting. After shooting the rifle he stated the rifle performed better than he was capable of shooting. He also thought it was one of the finest and well balanced rifles he had shot in a long time. The proof of his comments came with the purchase of 2 rifles after the demonstration.
A customer purchased a SIG X6 and had it transfered to my shop. I about choked when he said it was a $3300.00 SIG. I thought the guy was crazy until I shot the pistol. I see why he bought a $3300.00 custom shop SIG.
I guess I say all of this to say this type of rifle is for some people and not for all. Some folks will be happy with a $1500.00 or more screw on can with lesser performance.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

ACKF wrote:I guess I say all of this to say this type of rifle is for some people and not for all. Some folks will be happy with a $1500.00 or more screw on can with lesser performance.
I agree with you on money. If someone wants something custom and has the money, go for it.

But you opened a bit of a can of worms with your last statement- I see the vid features subsonic ammo (again, you never said which ammo you were using in it), so do you have any independent (or modern/milspec (correct equipment)) sound testing? Being that this is Silencertalk, details about the can design and performance will get you more discussion.

What ammo are you using when you set your accuracy numbers/claims?
Kick Ass Design
bayonet14
Silent But Deadly

Post by bayonet14 »

Drive a 2013 Audi S4 - and me....3500 w/o glass is a bit steep...I get its a full custom gun... but its a VERY specific niche....
and for me - one I am not ready to take the plunge in....
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Both the Audi and the Porsche are poor choices for going hog hunting. :mrgreen:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
ACKF
Silent Operator

Post by ACKF »

JasonM wrote:
ACKF wrote:I guess I say all of this to say this type of rifle is for some people and not for all. Some folks will be happy with a $1500.00 or more screw on can with lesser performance.
I agree with you on money. If someone wants something custom and has the money, go for it.

But you opened a bit of a can of worms with your last statement- I see the vid features subsonic ammo (again, you never said which ammo you were using in it), so do you have any independent (or modern/milspec (correct equipment)) sound testing? Being that this is Silencertalk, details about the can design and performance will get you more discussion.

Ammo was stated a few posts back.
Sound testing completed with factory Remington supersonic and Remington subsonic. The sound testing was completed by an independant company, STILL waiting on typed reports.We chrono'd the Remington 220 grain factory subsonic and found >150 fps velocities in a single lot. Most were subsonic 920-1071 fps. Some of the Remington factory subsonic rounds were over 1200 fps.
Accuracy testing was also mentioned a few posts back. SR 4759, 9.82 grains over small rifle primer Seria Match King 220 grain projectile. Temp 78 degrees. This load produced consistent 1060 fps as chrono'd.
The barrel / suppressor is made from a single 4140 chrome moly 1.5" barrel blank, turned on CNC centers and hand chambered.
I think this answers most of your questions that I can answer with the information I currently have. I am as frustrated as one could imagine over waiting for the completed sound reports. I will post them in full once received..
Last edited by ACKF on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ACKF
Silent Operator

Post by ACKF »

bayonet14 wrote:Drive a 2013 Audi S4 - and me....3500 w/o glass is a bit steep...I get its a full custom gun... but its a VERY specific niche....
and for me - one I am not ready to take the plunge in....
Bayo,
I understand your thinking. Like the SIG example I posted above, I understand why the customer spent so much on a SIG, I shot the gun and it was laser accurate BUT, I am not ready to spend $3300.00 on a SIG.
This is somewhat a niche gun for the US. What I can say is it has been officially released two weeks now. The first week nothing, the second week 13 orders from various places in the US. We have several international contracts in the works now and it appears to suit a common application.
Do not think for a moment that I take offense to constructive comments. That is how the new accessories came to be. Customers made comments and we listened.
bayonet14
Silent But Deadly

Post by bayonet14 »

Emilio wrote:Both the Audi and the Porsche are poor choices for going hog hunting. :mrgreen:

LMAO - touche
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

ACKF wrote:
JasonM wrote:

Ammo was stated a few posts back.
Sound testing completed with factory Remington supersonic and Remington subsonic. The sound testing was completed by an independant company, STILL waiting on typed reports.We chrono'd the Remington 220 grain factory subsonic and found >150 fps velocities in a single lot. Most were subsonic 920-1071 fps. Some of the Remington factory subsonic rounds were over 1200 fps.
Accuracy testing was also mentioned a few posts back. SR 4759, 9.82 grains over small rifle primer Seria Match King 220 grain projectile. Temp 78 degrees. This load produced consistent 1060 fps as chrono'd.
The barrel / suppressor is made from a single 4140 chrome moly 1.5" barrel blank, turned on CNC centers and hand chambered.
I think this answers most of your questions that I can answer with the information I currently have. I am as frustrated as one could imagine over waiting for the completed sound reports. I will post them in full once received..
I see the ammo now ,thanks.

Good luck, and thanks for the info
Kick Ass Design