Form 3 wait time

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

marcus99
Senior Silent Operator

Form 3 wait time

Post by marcus99 »

I bought an Octane 9 from silencershop back in late february. My FFL sent a copy of his info over right away, but it was outdated with his old address (he recently moved one town over). Before the mistake was caught and he sent over a current copy of his info the form 3 had already been submitted. I'm still kinda pissed this happened, but whatever. I was told it was better time-wise to send in the correction with the correct address than it was to cancel the form 3 and submit it again.

Anyhow, that was all a little over a month ago. Called silencershop today and they said the form 3 still hasn't come back. From reading around it seems 2-3 weeks is the norm for a form 3, or was that before the current buying frenzy and government sequester? I'm just a little concerned due to the initial mishap, and this is my first time going through an NFA purchase (plus I want to submit my form 4 ASAP), so please put my mind at ease :D
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 3 wait time

Post by samson7x »

I wouldn't be concerned. I purchased an Octane9 from silencershop as well. They sent the Form3 on March 6 and it hasn't come back yet.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Silencer shop is legit I would not worry.
marcus99
Senior Silent Operator

Post by marcus99 »

Thanks for the feedback. Been 6 weeks so far and still nothing. I thought form 3's were relatively quick, but I guess that is no longer the case.
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Have used the SilencerShop for three cans. Great folks! Recent transfer to the dealer took almost 4 weeks. Must have gotten into a busy time.
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

Exactly 5 weeks on my transfer from silencershop and still haven't received a shipping notice. Everything is taking a bit longer these days, even forms sent to check cashed from what I gather.
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

4-6 weeks is a good rule of thumb
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
BigWonton

Post by BigWonton »

SilencerShop submitted the Form 3 for my Octane 45 on Feb 28 and I just got the e-mail that they got it back from the ATF and are shipping it to my transfer dealer. Total time was 6 weeks.
cms81586
Silent Operator

Post by cms81586 »

Just purchased a Sparrow SS back in Feb. Took 5 weeks to be approved....6 weeks from purchase to my dealer.
marcus99
Senior Silent Operator

Post by marcus99 »

BigWonton wrote:SilencerShop submitted the Form 3 for my Octane 45 on Feb 28 and I just got the e-mail that they got it back from the ATF and are shipping it to my transfer dealer. Total time was 6 weeks.
Same here; I just got the notification today.
samson7x
Silent But Deadly

Post by samson7x »

samson7x wrote:Exactly 5 weeks on my transfer from silencershop and still haven't received a shipping notice. Everything is taking a bit longer these days, even forms sent to check cashed from what I gather.
Just an update, I got the shipping notice later yesterday so mine took exactly 5 weeks. Should be at my dealer in a few days.
Theohazard
Silent Operator

Post by Theohazard »

Form 3s are taking about 6-8 weeks these days. If it only takes 5 weeks you're lucky.
0331: "Accuracy by volume."