TROS or Tornado Tech?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Derrick87

TROS or Tornado Tech?

Post by Derrick87 »

I'm looking into getting my CZ Kadet barrel threaded and was wondering if anyone has had work done by them recently and how long it took.
lostwasthechild
Silent But Deadly

Re: TROS or Tornado Tech?

Post by lostwasthechild »

I didnt have anything of mine worked on, but after a phone conversation with Mark at Tros, I bought a 10/22 barrel that he had threaded 1/2X28. Super cool, knowledgable dude to talk to, great customer service, and the barrel looks fantastic and works awesome. Concentric, and all that good stuff. I'd give him my money again for sure.

Lost
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

lostwasthechild wrote:I didnt have anything of mine worked on, but after a phone conversation with Mark at Tros, I bought a 10/22 barrel that he had threaded 1/2X28. Super cool, knowledgable dude to talk to, great customer service, and the barrel looks fantastic and works awesome. Concentric, and all that good stuff. I'd give him my money again for sure.

Lost
I have used Mark McWillis at TROS for years for numerous adapters and have customers that have bought his cans. He is good to go for threads!
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

Between those two, go with TROS. They do high quality work. I wouldn't send anything to TT if they were the last gig in the US.
sniper1
Silent But Deadly

Post by sniper1 »

Another vote for Mark at TROS
marcus99
Senior Silent Operator

Post by marcus99 »

rockman96 wrote:Between those two, go with TROS. They do high quality work. I wouldn't send anything to TT if they were the last gig in the US.
What is your beef with TT? I'm curious because my 92FS barrel has been sitting there for three weeks. I called last week and they said "yep, sitting right here with a few others, should be done soon!"...still nothing.
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

They do good work (when they do it), but they don't know how to handle their business. They blew me off several times when I was trying to give them business, and lots of guys have had their barrels tied up with them for months on end... one guy in particular hadn't seen his barrel for 18 months. There just isn't any excuse or reason, it is what it is. I hope your experience is better than what their recent past indicates.
marcus99
Senior Silent Operator

Post by marcus99 »

rockman96 wrote:They do good work (when they do it), but they don't know how to handle their business. They blew me off several times when I was trying to give them business, and lots of guys have had their barrels tied up with them for months on end... one guy in particular hadn't seen his barrel for 18 months. There just isn't any excuse or reason, it is what it is. I hope your experience is better than what their recent past indicates.
Ugh...I always research a company before I do any business with them and I never read anything negative about Tornado Tec. I don't need the barrel now, but having it just sit there for potentially months when I was never told it would take that long will piss me off.

I'll be calling monday.
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

Like I said, maybe yours will be ok. Some guys have gotten their stuff back within a couple of months, but based on my limited experience and what I've read on this site about other's experiences, no way will I send them anything OR recommend them to anyone else.

Do a search here on the site for problems with TT, you will see a lot of stuff come up.
3154tm
Silent Operator

Post by 3154tm »

mark at TROS did my Beretta 87 and it looks good, works great and didn't take very long.
marcus99
Senior Silent Operator

Post by marcus99 »

rockman96 wrote:Like I said, maybe yours will be ok. Some guys have gotten their stuff back within a couple of months, but based on my limited experience and what I've read on this site about other's experiences, no way will I send them anything OR recommend them to anyone else.

Do a search here on the site for problems with TT, you will see a lot of stuff come up.
Just called (they aren't open Monday) and Goldie said they had just finished threading it and were reblueing in earlier today, said it will ship out soon. If all is true and the work was done properly I'll give them a positive review; one month isn't that long to wait to have proper, concentric threading done.
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

Good, glad to hear it... hope you get it back soon.