Newb looking for a multi gun suppressor

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Withoutink

Newb looking for a multi gun suppressor

Post by Withoutink »

Hi all...

First time poster. I am currently setting up an NFA Trust and will be looking to order a suppressor soon... As well as pay Uncle Sam his 200 for the stamp. Anyway, I'm looking to buy a suppressor that will work with the following firearms.

Ruger Mark 3 22/45
Cz American 452 Rifle
S&W M&P 15-22

Also I may be buying an AR soon...

im not sure I can get one suppressor that will work with a four? At minimum I'd like the one to work well with all three of the .22lr's.

I'm in GA so I've seen a lot of Advanced Armaments. I have zero experience with suppressors so I hope to get some solid recommendations.

Thanks in advance. Forgive typos I'm posting from my iPhone.

Withoutink
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Re: Newb looking for a multi gun suppressor

Post by Buzduk »

Withoutink wrote:Hi all...

First time poster. I am currently setting up an NFA Trust and will be looking to order a suppressor soon... As well as pay Uncle Sam his 200 for the stamp. Anyway, I'm looking to buy a suppressor that will work with the following firearms.

Ruger Mark 3 22/45
Cz American 452 Rifle
S&W M&P 15-22

im not sure I can get one suppressor that will work with a four? At minimum I'd like the one to work well with all three of the .22lr's.

I'm in GA so I've seen a lot of Advanced Armaments. I have zero experience with suppressors so I hope to get some solid recommendations.

Withoutink
The only choice for all would be a liberty Mystic. A infinity might work if Dave gives it the blessing and would feel better on the 22/45! If your just looking for a .22 can then any will be good with you 3 .22 hosts mentioned
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/
Withoutink

Post by Withoutink »

Thanks for the reply.

That mystic looks huge. So in lieu of that let's change my previous requirements.

Instead of having the suppressor handle .223 How about one that will handle the 3 host 22lr and my 9mm glocks?

I'll be shooting those two calibers mostly anyway. Then later down the road ill get a proper rifle suppressor that can handle .223/5.56 and my 7.62x39.

Does that make things easier? Allowing for a nice quality can that is a bit less money and smaller than the mystic?
FB3
Silent But Deadly

Post by FB3 »

I would recommend a SWR Octane 9HD if you want one that will be good on 9mm and .22. You should have a user serviceable one for .22, and it is best for 9mm too. I would discourage getting one that will handle 5.56mm as it will be big on the pistols.

Dedicated .22 would be an AAC Element, SWR Spectre 2, or Liberty Kodiak TL or Essence. In the long run I feel that you would be better off with a .22 and 9mm suppressors. The 9mm is still pretty large for a .22 pistol.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Save yourself months of headache.

Get a dedicated 22lr can. SWR Spectre2, Silencerco Sparrow SS, maybe something else if you want.

Don't go for the do it all multi can for 22lr use, you will get tired of the excessive weight.

While your at it, skip a 556 can and look at a quality 308 can for the future.

There was a thread awhile back about "what you would do differently" that I suggest is mandatory reading for new members.
Liberty Suppressors
Silent Operator

Post by Liberty Suppressors »

Ruger Mark 3 22/45
Cz American 452 Rifle
S&W M&P 15-22

Withoutink
What part of GA? If your anywhere close to Trenton feel free to stop by the shop to see all of our cans.
Justin
Liberty Suppressors
"You have the right to remain SILENT"
www.Libertycans.net
Trevor2011
Silent But Deadly

Post by Trevor2011 »

Yep I vote a Spectre 2 wonderful can and it sounds great and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. And this is just my .02 if your just starting out, when you go to buying the centerfire suppressors buy 1 size up for the versatility. My 7.62sd sounds just as good to me on 5.56 as an m4-2k plus I get to use it for 300blk and 308. As long as your not a stickler about the absolute quietest you can make a gun you will save money in the long run by buying a higher caliber can. Kinda like buying cloths for a kid buy them 1 size up so they can grow into it.
Withoutink

Post by Withoutink »

Liberty Suppressors wrote:

Ruger Mark 3 22/45
Cz American 452 Rifle
S&W M&P 15-22

Withoutink
What part of GA? If your anywhere close to Trenton feel free to stop by the shop to see all of our cans.
Hi Justin,

Im in Clarkesville, North GA ~3hrs away...
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Make the trip...It would be worth it.
Withoutink

Post by Withoutink »

Ok guys I think I will take some solid advice and get a dedicated .22 silencer. Then when I look for a larger can I'll stop by Liberty for that...

I think I'm going to break it down to either: Specter II and Sparrow SS.

time to start digging into those two a bit more in depth =)
sarthree
Senior Silent Operator

Post by sarthree »

Withoutink wrote:Ok guys I think I will take some solid advice and get a dedicated .22 silencer. Then when I look for a larger can I'll stop by Liberty for that...

I think I'm going to break it down to either: Specter II and Sparrow SS.

time to start digging into those two a bit more in depth =)

I think you are making a solid decision here...I am relatively new to this, but the only dedicated can that I own is a .22. Once you start shooting .22 suppressed you will understand.