Mini 556 cans?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

BlakeJ
Silent But Deadly

Mini 556 cans?

Post by BlakeJ »

Anyone own a mini can like the aac mini4? I have a 762sdfor multi cal use, but I want something smaller for when I've got to carry the rifle around. But I can't decide between the mini4 or the m4-2000. Thoughts?
Dr.K
Silent But Deadly

Re: Mini 556 cans?

Post by Dr.K »

I don't have a mini, but do a 762sdn6, and a full length form1 .223 can.

Mini's are for weight/length savings, but are not as effective at suppression, whatever is most important to you, you must choose.
Kyle O.
lostwasthechild
Silent But Deadly

Post by lostwasthechild »

I have a SF Mini 556 that gets whored around on 3 of my AR's, 18", 16", and a 10". I don't need earplugs when I shoot it, it's light weight, I can do full auto mag dumps out of the 10" and it's fine. Yes, it is louder when metered compared to full sized but I can't tell the difference, and it can have a bit of fire breathing out of it on the 10" gun, but I think it works fine for me. Wouldn't have gone any other route.

Lost
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

The minis are not as quiet as a full size can, but when you are dealing with a LOUD system like an AR in 5.56, it doesn't make all that much difference. To the SHOOTER and Mini4 sounds very very close to an M4-2000 even though it doesn't meter as quiet at the muzzle.

If you're looking to take the edge off the bark and the shorter length and lighter weight are advantages, the mini cans are a good option.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
Tuukka
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tuukka »

JasonM wrote:The minis are not as quiet as a full size can, but when you are dealing with a LOUD system like an AR in 5.56, it doesn't make all that much difference. To the SHOOTER and Mini4 sounds very very close to an M4-2000 even though it doesn't meter as quiet at the muzzle.

If you're looking to take the edge off the bark and the shorter length and lighter weight are advantages, the mini cans are a good option.
Concur,

The main negative issue with the mini suppressors is usually increased muzzle flash / signature.

Which may or many not be a factor when one is choosing a suppressor.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
Ase Utra sound suppressors
Ase Utra sound suppressors / www.aseutra.fi
the_accuser
Silent But Deadly

Post by the_accuser »

I have an Ops M4-S and M4M and really like them. As others have stated the mini cans do a great job of taking the edge of the bark of the muzzle blast but they don't suppress as well as the full size cans. That being said, I'd rather have a smaller lighter can than max suppression...but that is just me. I'm looking at getting the AAC mini4 to go on my Noveske 10.5" and 12.5" rifles.

Jason