Oh No! They Are Back Again!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Historian
Silent But Deadly

Oh No! They Are Back Again!

Post by Historian »

A random walk through the cable channels brought me
to what seems to be a new season of Red Jacket.

Laughed when Kris tried to convince an owner of a S&W
Special Production Rifle Silencer that the RJ washer and spacer can was quieter.

After the test he was shamefaced.

No kidding, Captain Midnight.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Re: Oh No! They Are Back Again!

Post by doubloon »

Yeah, I saw the ads between other shows for new RJ episodes. Something about Will building something no one would believe, no stretch there, and something about waiting on some big contract.

The only think that stood out is it looks like Will dropped a bunch of lbs. Is this a new health kick or from a strictly controlled diet and walks around the yard?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
piglatinhater
Senior Silent Operator

Post by piglatinhater »

I thought America was finally free of those ass clowns
ericlw
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ericlw »

i enjoyed watching that guys dau from the gun show in Colorado.lol
Enfield577
Silent But Deadly

Post by Enfield577 »

I have my welder and grinder at the ready, just awaiting those "Game Changing" ideas :lol: :lol: :lol:
Of all the things I've lost it's my mind I miss the most
everyusernametaken
Senior Silent Operator

Post by everyusernametaken »

I suppose it's possible that this show's return has some positive implications, given that it was "cancelled" along with the other gun-related shows on Discovery channel in the massive liberal media over-reaction to the CT shooting (and apparent fear that they might hurt Comrade Obama's agenda by allowing such shows to air). Maybe we are seeing things returning to normal, if you can call it that in the same sentence as Red Jacket.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

everyusernametaken wrote:I suppose it's possible that this show's return has some positive implications, given that it was "cancelled" along with the other gun-related shows on Discovery channel in the massive liberal media over-reaction to the CT shooting (and apparent fear that they might hurt Comrade Obama's agenda by allowing such shows to air). Maybe we are seeing things returning to normal, if you can call it that in the same sentence as Red Jacket.

+1

I concur that a finding a positive in a situation is what sets us apart from
the self-loathing, not self-destroying fast enough for us, party pooping,
liberty stifling liberals. As Peggy Noonan in the 4 May WSJ said the
Empty-Suit-In-Chief may not yet be a lame duck but " ... he is lame".

History will show that George W. Bush was a most competent straight
shooter who retaliated agains the Islamo-Sewers and in comparison relegate the Walking-Disaster to the category
of Frozen Incompetence who nearly destroyed America's capabilities.

Do you know how to make a liberal and their plantation staff lose bowel control?
Chant "Dr. Benjamin Carson For President". :) :)

All Amendments must be protected, that is why our US is the only country having the Second
to back all the others up. No more political defense. Offense ... one loud and clamoring vote at a time.

Following what Fast Eddie said in "The Color of Money" : "We're back!"
fishdude

Post by fishdude »

I saw these d-bags at the NRA show on Friday. I got close enough to laugh as I walked by with friends. People were lined up to take pictures.
.22 Sparrow.......trying to wear the finish off of it without FA
Cyclone for 300BK
Titan 338 for 300wm
Spectre 2
Tirant 45 waiting on taxes....
Jer
Silent Operator

Post by Jer »

Why the RJ hate?

I've only ever caught a few episodes and I'm not a machinist, but they seemed to do decent work.
I'm sure there is some drama thrown in for ratings and such - but the fact they have military contracts should lend credence to their skill.
Again, I've not watched many episodes - maybe 3 in total -but I don't understand why everyone bags on them.

Care to explain?
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, shall make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy.
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

Jer wrote:Why the RJ hate?

I've only ever caught a few episodes and I'm not a machinist, but they seemed to do decent work.
I'm sure there is some drama thrown in for ratings and such - but the fact they have military contracts should lend credence to their skill.
Again, I've not watched many episodes - maybe 3 in total -but I don't understand why everyone bags on them.

Care to explain?
You cant be serious or you don't know much about the wrong and right way to do things
Last edited by delta9mda on Sun May 05, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NP
Jer
Silent Operator

Post by Jer »

I said I wasn't a machinist.
And my background isn't in manufacturing.
And I've only seen 3 episodes.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, shall make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy.
the tick

Post by the tick »

Also, just because a company has a military contract doesn't necessarily mean they do good work. Probably just means they know somebody and/or just happened to win the bid...for whatever reason. That reason is not always because they are the best.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Besides the right and wrong way to do things it's been rumored on the interwebs that RJ has experienced more more than one federal legal complication.

While I can't say I have any actual "hate" for RJ I can't say I believe they are exactly the kind of television emissary the gun community needs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
PDXSparky

Post by PDXSparky »

While at least some of them might be considered "ass clowns" I like the part of the show where they blow up stuff. That part never gets old. A couple of the guys seem reasonably intelligent.

I could do without the manufactured drama however.
Last edited by PDXSparky on Fri May 10, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

What military contract does RJ have? any proof other than they said something on the show? I seriously doubt RJ has any military contracts.
KSmoker

Post by KSmoker »

yamatitan wrote:What military contract does RJ have?
Keychains perhaps? Maybe a "Tactical" Can opener?
Fulmen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulmen »

Jer wrote:I said I wasn't a machinist.
And my background isn't in manufacturing.
Well there's your problem. You really have to know a bit about the trade to see how bad it really is, we do better work in a garage with less equipment. But my friend (and mentor) is a skilled machinist and we both have a genuine interest for doing quality work.
rcn11thacr
Silent But Deadly

Post by rcn11thacr »

Maybe a "Tactical" Can opener?
I dont care what anybody says, that's funny rite there
Last edited by rcn11thacr on Mon May 06, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackhorse Scout
ericlw
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ericlw »

they made some AR's for academy.Personally i think the owner is to full of himself.
GoodOlDave
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GoodOlDave »

Care to explain?
Imagine a third rate auto mechanic who thinks he can fine tune a precision watch with a wrench. That's William Hayden, the Big Chief Redneck behind Red Jacket Arms. I watched his show with some amusement until one of their employees asked Big Chief Redneck where the measurement tools were so he can properly measure the chamber he was drilling out. Big Chief Redneck gave him a cartridge and told him "Iff'en y'all can't figure out how ta drill yer chamber with the tools we's got then y'all needs ta pack yer bags". Yeah they can make guns with the lathes and the duct tape they have but they're going to be of shitty quality with horrid headspacing problems. Sometimes you can glean hints of the shitty quality of their guns when someone accidentally uses a wrong part or another which causes the guns they're testing to jam...which 75% of the time they find out when they're test firing a piece in front of the customer.

Now imagine a third rate auto mechanic who thinks thinks he can fine tune a watch with a wrench hosting an MTV "reality" show. That's the entire Sons of Guns television series. One show had one customer coming to them looking to buy a Japanese Papa Nambu. Instead of going to Gunbroker like everyone else in creation, the remainder of the show showed how much stress Big Chief Redneck was going through travelling from shop to shop looking for a Japanese papa Nambu, because Red Jacket Arms apparently doesn't have a telephone where they can just call the shops and ask. He even gave an interview on how impossible it was to find ammunition for it to add the drama...but when they were test firing it for the customer, they showed the box of ammo and it was distictively the white box with red label of Mr. Nambu, the guy who sells 8mm Nambu on Gunbroker by the crate. I have a Japanese Nambu as well so I know from personal experience that everything he did was handled over the internet in a few minutes while sitting at the computer eating potato chips and they embellished it to absurdity for the sake of the camera. In reality, Big Chief Redneck doesn't even have an FFL license- he lost it back in 2010 when the ATF found out he was a slob at records keeping and was missing ten guns from his inventory. He can now only sell guns through an employee who has an FFL and all sales come to a screeching halt when/if that employee leaves.

I have no doubt he can weld and I have no doubt he can fix a sight onto a picatinny rail but to call him an actual gunsmith is like calling Paris Hilton an professional entertainer. I know lots of gunsmiths and I have never, not even once, heard them tell me about the time when an eccentric millionaire showed up and challenged them to a zombie gun build-off contest.

Am I leaving anything out?
Last edited by GoodOlDave on Tue May 07, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jer
Silent Operator

Post by Jer »

And now I fully understand.
Thank you.
BISHOP
Silent But Deadly

Post by BISHOP »

Big Chief Redneck doesn't even have an FFL license- he lost it back in 2010 when the ATF found out he was a slob at records keeping and was missing ten guns from his inventory. He can now only sell guns through an employee who has an FFL and all sales come to a screeching halt when/if that employee leaves.
Just like the last season when that employee (actual FFL holder) quit.

BISHOP
The Rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way.....
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

GoodOlDave wrote:

Care to explain?
Imagine a third rate auto mechanic who thinks he can fine tune a precision watch with a wrench. That's William Hayden, the Big Chief Redneck behind Red Jacket Arms. I watched his show with some amusement until one of their employees asked Big Chief Redneck where the measurement tools were so he can properly measure the chamber he was drilling out. Big Chief Redneck gave him a cartridge and told him "Iff'en y'all can't figure out how ta drill yer chamber with the tools we's got then y'all needs ta pack yer bags". Yeah they can make guns with the lathes and the duct tape they have but they're going to be of shitty quality with horrid headspacing problems. Sometimes you can glean hints of the shitty quality of their guns when someone accidentally uses a wrong part or another which causes the guns they're testing to jam...which 75% of the time they find out when they're test firing a piece in front of the customer.

Now imagine a third rate auto mechanic who thinks thinks he can fine tune a watch with a wrench hosting an MTV "reality" show. That's the entire Sons of Guns television series. One show had one customer coming to them looking to buy a Japanese Papa Nambu. Instead of going to Gunbroker like everyone else in creation, the remainder of the show showed how much stress Big Chief Redneck was going through travelling from shop to shop looking for a Japanese papa Nambu, because Red Jacket Arms apparently doesn't have a telephone where they can just call the shops and ask. He even gave an interview on how impossible it was to find ammunition for it to add the drama...but when they were test firing it for the customer, they showed the box of ammo and it was distictively the white box with red label of Mr. Nambu, the guy who sells 8mm Nambu on Gunbroker by the crate. I have a Japanese Nambu as well so I know from personal experience that everything he did was handled over the internet in a few minutes while sitting at the computer eating potato chips and they embellished it to absurdity for the sake of the camera. In reality, Big Chief Redneck doesn't even have an FFL license- he lost it back in 2010 when the ATF found out he was a slob at records keeping and was missing ten guns from his inventory. He can now only sell guns through an employee who has an FFL and all sales come to a screeching halt when/if that employee leaves.

I have no doubt he can weld and I have no doubt he can fix a sight onto a picatinny rail but to call him an actual gunsmith is like calling Paris Hilton an professional entertainer. I know lots of gunsmiths and I have never, not even once, heard them tell me about the time when an eccentric millionaire showed up and challenged them to a zombie gun build-off contest.

Am I leaving anything out?
Actually you're leaving a lot out...I think it's hilarious that you "experts" believe everything you see on TV. Will really does know what he's doing when it comes to AK building. He was doing great work long before the TV show, and had a great reputation among those that knew their way around an AK. The things that go on when filming the show are done to entertain, and anybody that watches and thinks otherwise is dumber than a rock. About the only thing you got right is the part I highlighted. Oh, And Will is laughing all the way to the bank....
GoodOlDave
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GoodOlDave »

Actually you're leaving a lot out...I think it's hilarious that you "experts" believe everything you see on TV. Will really does know what he's doing when it comes to AK building. He was doing great work long before the TV show, and had a great reputation among those that knew their way around an AK. The things that go on when filming the show are done to entertain, and anybody that watches and thinks otherwise is dumber than a rock. About the only thing you got right is the part I highlighted. Oh, And Will is laughing all the way to the bank....
Then would you mind terribly explaining how I was able to find my own Japanese Nambu AND two boxes of 8mm Nambu for it while sitting in front of the computer eating potato chips while Big Chief Redneck went through so much stress going from gun shop to gun shop looking for one? That's not doing things to entertain. That's outright making things up. Besides, you know as well as I do that all the guy does is take existing frames and accessorizes them. That's literally his entire "Master Key" invention; a cut down Saiga with a Picatinny mount welded on it. You'll excuse me if I don't get excited over a business that caters to mall ninjas.
Fulmen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulmen »

dtom29 wrote:The things that go on when filming the show are done to entertain
I disagree. Anyone that allows himself to be portrayed like such an idiot deserves to be called one. If he knows what he's doing and just put on a show for the witless idiots out there he's not just an idiot he's a Grade A moron.