POI change suppressed v. un-suppressed - Is this normal?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Fulmen
Silent But Deadly

Re: POI change suppressed v. un-suppressed - Is this normal

Post by Fulmen »

Iceman755 wrote:I needed up moving the target all the way up to 15 yards before I was even on target
Waaaay too much, something is definitely wrong. Check for contact between barrel and stock with can on, look through the bore to ensure it's straight. Also make sure the threads lands squarely on the shoulder and that all mating surfaces are clean and free from burrs.
Iceman755

Post by Iceman755 »

Well stuck a bore my bore scope down it looks like I have a few nicks in the baffles kind of a crescent shape none of the baffles are seriously damaged. Lol hate to say it but looks like I get to send it back. I'm not sure if it's legitmately destroyed but the shift surely means something's fubar. The bores straight the suppressor is aligned no problems and sits square on the shoulder.
Can anybody tell me how to load pictures I'll take some
Jer
Silent Operator

Post by Jer »

Use http://img.fae.ro/ - it's the most simple image host available. Copy and paste the url it gives you then put [img]at%20the%20front%20and[/img] at the back of the url - and poof - a photo in the thread.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, shall make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy.
Iceman755

Post by Iceman755 »

Can't get it to work properly. There's for sure damage I'm just wondering wat it's going to cost now to fix...
Fulmen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulmen »

Ouch.

I actually did something similar yesterday, I was fiddling with a prototype and assembled it wrong. Blew one baffle and bent the h*ll out of the endcap, but I can make new ones so it's just a little lost time. Much worse when you have to send things off and pay for the "fun".
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Iceman755 wrote:Can't get it to work properly. There's for sure damage I'm just wondering wat it's going to cost now to fix...
What can is it?
atilliar
Silent Operator

Post by atilliar »

Did you look through the suppressor before you shot it to know that there is a difference? It could be that the baffles are shaped that way. Is there any damage to the exit hole at the end cap?

Not saying you didn't have a baffle strike and your poi shift is certainly substantial, but I would make sure that it isn't something else first. Definitely take some picks for us.
"What worries me is not the younger generation's rebelliousness in petty matters, but their tameness in great matters." Albert Jay Nock
M4-1000
Eco 9
Omega
SBR
jmhallrn

Post by jmhallrn »

You mentioned shooting at "full speed". Did you swap to subsonic ammo when you attached the suppressor? That would cause a huge shift in POI.