Is my form with a new examiner???

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Pman5KMO
Senior Silent Operator

Is my form with a new examiner???

Post by Pman5KMO »

Jason Dickens is the examiner handling 2 forms 4 and a form 1. My dealer screwed up a serial #, and it went into problem status, and when checking to ensure they received it back after being corrected, the NFA person on the phone xferred me to "....Jason Dickens, the examiner handling your forms."

Every list I have seen of examiners does not have him listed, and haven't seen anything about the new bunch hired on (or even if they have already hired/trained the new ones for that manner).

Now this isn't to say he was a lateral xfer in Martinsburg, WV, or a 'fill in', as I have had a Form 4 signed off and approved by Ted Clutter (who is not the 'assigned' examiner for MO, and was promoted to some management position within NFA branch) last September.

Anyone else have a 'new' examiner or form approved and signed off upon by some new name?
Suppressors cost less than hearing aids..
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Is my form with a new examiner???

Post by Bendersquint »

Pman5KMO wrote:Jason Dickens is the examiner handling 2 forms 4 and a form 1. My dealer screwed up a serial #, and it went into problem status, and when checking to ensure they received it back after being corrected, the NFA person on the phone xferred me to "....Jason Dickens, the examiner handling your forms."

Every list I have seen of examiners does not have him listed, and haven't seen anything about the new bunch hired on (or even if they have already hired/trained the new ones for that manner).

Now this isn't to say he was a lateral xfer in Martinsburg, WV, or a 'fill in', as I have had a Form 4 signed off and approved by Ted Clutter (who is not the 'assigned' examiner for MO, and was promoted to some management position within NFA branch) last September.

Anyone else have a 'new' examiner or form approved and signed off upon by some new name?
There are multiple people that can actually "signoff" on your form.

Not all the inner workings of the NFA Branch are posted either...especially employee assignments.
No2sc2
Senior Silent Operator

Post by No2sc2 »

Maybe... he could be the assistant. The name posted are the ones who is authorized to sign the approval. The assistant examiners only help check for errors but they don't sign. NFA did hire some more authorized examiners but don't know if they fully trained yet. If you get your form back and he signed it,, that means hes one of the newer hired examiner.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

No2sc2 wrote:Maybe... he could be the assistant. The name posted are the ones who is authorized to sign the approval. The assistant examiners only help check for errors but they don't sign. NFA did hire some more authorized examiners but don't know if they fully trained yet. If you get your form back and he signed it,, that means hes one of the newer hired examiner.
Where is this list of "authorized examiners"?
Pman5KMO
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Pman5KMO »

Bendersquint wrote:
No2sc2 wrote:Maybe... he could be the assistant. The name posted are the ones who is authorized to sign the approval. The assistant examiners only help check for errors but they don't sign. NFA did hire some more authorized examiners but don't know if they fully trained yet. If you get your form back and he signed it,, that means hes one of the newer hired examiner.
Where is this list of "authorized examiners"?
I know the ATF had posted them based on state assignments a while back... and have seen others where the respective person signed off on them. My local dealer was shocked when the one came back signed off on by Ted Clutter (was last Sep.).

And from the discussion I had with this guy, sounded a lot like he was the one who signs off on them... regardless.... we shall see once I have the form back in hand, stamped and signed off upon.
Suppressors cost less than hearing aids..