New to the 300 BLK.....where is ammo for it

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

OJB4
Silent But Deadly

New to the 300 BLK.....where is ammo for it

Post by OJB4 »

I got a Handi-Rifle 300 BLK last week since I keep hearing about 300 BLK being super quiet (I thought it might be fun for pigs/nutria down here). Where the hell are you guys getting ammo for these things though? I've been unable to find any......NONE....! Any help, tips, websites would be greatly apprecited.

Since I started getting silencers right when getting ammo got "complicated" I'm in the boat of having tons of ammo, but none of it is subsonic stuff for shooting through a can. (except for a little bit of subsonic 22)

I still don't have my 30 cal can approved yet but would like to try to find some ammo for the Handi-Rifle now so I'll be able to play when the cans do get approved.

Thanks
I've gotta stop this habit.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Re: New to the 300 BLK.....where is ammo for it

Post by doubloon »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

The problem with the BLK has always been commercial ammo availability. With just a small window just prior to the "crazyness" buying, ammo has always been a challenge to find.

I got into it with the idea of rolling my own from the beginning. That is, until I realized the price of just buying the heavy projo's for reloading. It was then that I committed to learning casting too. :D

Ammo CAN be found but you'll prolly have to do it mail order. AND, do a lot of google searching to boot.

Bust of luck, you WILL like the cartridge. The problem is that so many other people enjoy the cartridge too.
Dr.K
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.K »

I'm up here on the north end of the state, and load'em myself.

If you're in a bind I could hook you up, but for pigs sub sonics SUCK!!! I had two pigs walk away like they were mosquito bit.

Supers however drop them dead with the same shot placement.
Kyle O.
57fairlane
Silent But Deadly

Post by 57fairlane »

300 blackout probably won't be in stock and back to the price it was last year for awhile . . . until .223 catches up expect empty spaces where 300BLK was.

I would suggest getting into reloading, especially if you want to do subs.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Assuming you can find primers and powder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/430384 ... -box-of-20

Barnes 110 300BLK in stock at Midway as of 1:45 Central 5/17.
GoingQuiet
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoingQuiet »

I have some in stock. Email me if you need any.
GoingQuiet.com
07 FFL / 02 SOT
Melbourne, FL
NFA Sales & Transfers, Silencerco Stocking Distributor, AAC, SigSauer, Gemtech, Rock River Arms Stocking Dealer
[email protected]
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

I've been wanting to get into reloading, but really want a mentor so I can learn the right way. I'm hoping to find somebody close to me who knows about reloading to teach me the ropes a bit. I'd hate to blow something (me) up.

With subsonics being impossible to find it seems that is even more of a reason to start reloading. I just don't know where to start since I have NOTHING. Can anybody suggest a good book to help get me started? Something that tells me what I need to get, ideas for setting up a safe, easy workflow layout, etc.

Thanks!
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

Dr.K wrote:I'm up here on the north end of the state, and load'em myself.

If you're in a bind I could hook you up, but for pigs sub sonics SUCK!!! I had two pigs walk away like they were mosquito bit.

Supers however drop them dead with the same shot placement.

Even with head shots? I've heard 300 subs suck for hunting, but where we are the pigs can run off and die and it really won't hurt anybody. They're thick down here!!! I'm not in a bind for them just yet since my can isn't approved yet, but if I do end up in a bind I'd be willing to pay top $ just so I can try my new toy out.

My list of new guns to sight in is getting long and I haven't had time to sight any of them in. Always seems to be something going on that keeps me from getting to the range or my lease.
martineta

Post by martineta »

You put a 220 sub in the brain pan and that little piggy is dirt.
M. Kenneth Burnett
Managing Partner
www.pasodelpuerto.com
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

martineta wrote:You put a 220 sub in the brain pan and that little piggy is dirt.
Sweet! That's what I was wanting to hear.....I figured they didn't stand much of a chance with a nice head shot! We get plenty of those in the marsh where I hunt. When they dummies walk out on an airboat road and mill around they almost always walk right towards the tower stands we hunt in and BANG!!!!! Lights out.....pork chops for dinner! I can't wait to see if I can get more than one when herd walks out!

Shoot the mama first and the little 5 lb piglets will run right back to suckle when she rolls over. Then you can bring em home live and feed em corn till they fatten up!!! Woo Hoooo The suspense is killing me.....hopefully I'll get my two 300 cal cans in by October and December.