integrally suppressed .22LR and .22LR can question

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Magicman_007

integrally suppressed .22LR and .22LR can question

Post by Magicman_007 »

Ok.. so I am a complete noob so forgive the questions. I am going integrally suppress a 10/22. I have looked around I think I know the route I am going to take, but I would sure like to get the opinions of the fine people on this board who have experience and expertise (I sure don't have any). Please tell me who you think is best and why. I am looking for quality, workmanship and someone who stands behind their work. Any other features that I ought to consider, please let me know. I am willing to pay a little extra for the benefits. Sometimes quality costs a little more.

I am also going to get a can for a threaded 10/22 .22lr that a friend gave me. From looking around on here I think the Sparrow and Spectre II seem to get the nod. Again, please feel free to share info with me on your choice and why.

Thanks so much in advance!

PS I would especially be interested in experience or knowledge of the integrally suppressed 10/22 by Thompson Machine and SRT Arms.
seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Re: integrally suppressed .22LR and .22LR can question

Post by seattlite »

How about a Huntertown Arms Fusion T22:
http://www.huntertownarms.com/t22.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi_GYRKk4KI

I have a Thompson Machine Operative and I can never get that barrel to shoot straight....I just get fliers out from the barrel. Other folks have had good success with the TM Operative, but I think something is definitely wrong with my barrel and I'm not sure whether TM can do anything(re-crown, etc.) to rectify my accuracy issues. The design of the HTA Fusion T22 looks really nice and the tube is separate from the barrel so if there was ever an issue with the barrel the barrel could easily be fixed without affecting the serialized part.
Magicman_007

Post by Magicman_007 »

seattlite wrote:How about a Huntertown Arms Fusion T22:

I have a Thompson Machine Operative and I can never get that barrel to shoot straight....I just get fliers out from the barrel. Other folks have had good success with the TM Operative, but I think something is definitely wrong with my barrel and I'm not sure whether TM can do anything(re-crown, etc.) to rectify my accuracy issues. The design of the HTA Fusion T22 looks really nice and the tube is separate from the barrel so if there was ever an issue with the barrel the barrel could easily be fixed without affecting the serialized part.
Thanks for that info. about Thompson and hunter town arms. Hunter Town's can is very interesting, I def need to explore that. I will search this forum for user reviews or if anyone wants to chime in, feel free.

I am leaning towards SRT for the integral. Anyone have any feedback about them?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Magicman_007 wrote:
seattlite wrote:How about a Huntertown Arms Fusion T22:

Thanks for that info. about Thompson and hunter town arms. Hunter Town's can is very interesting, I def need to explore that. I will search this forum for user reviews or if anyone wants to chime in, feel free.

I am leaning towards SRT for the integral. Anyone have any feedback about them?
Before you shoot the SRT i would highly recommend having it converted to user serviceable and the baffle anodized. Besides that the baffle design is pretty archaic and not the most efficient design. Why they dont offer t serviceable and anodize their baffles is beyond me. We have worked on a bunch of SRT cans.
Magicman_007

Post by Magicman_007 »

Bendersquint wrote:
Before you shoot the SRT i would highly recommend having it converted to user serviceable and the baffle anodized. Besides that the baffle design is pretty archaic and not the most efficient design. Why they dont offer t serviceable and anodize their baffles is beyond me. We have worked on a bunch of SRT cans.
Would it be better to do that before I shoot it or could I do it down the road?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Magicman_007 wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
Where it in an integral rifle i would recommend doing it unfired that way you know for a fact you can get the baffles out, half of the integrals we work on have a very difficult time getting the guts out they carbon weld really easy especially SRT's design.

We are only a few more problem integrals away from not servicing integrals anymore, when the get bad they get bad!
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

Bendersquint wrote:
Magicman_007 wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
Where it in an integral rifle i would recommend doing it unfired that way you know for a fact you can get the baffles out, half of the integrals we work on have a very difficult time getting the guts out they carbon weld really easy especially SRT's design.

We are only a few more problem integrals away from not servicing integrals anymore, when the get bad they get bad!
What do u do for gt oasis p?
Magicman_007

Post by Magicman_007 »

Bendersquint wrote: Where it in an integral rifle i would recommend doing it unfired that way you know for a fact you can get the baffles out, half of the integrals we work on have a very difficult time getting the guts out they carbon weld really easy especially SRT's design.

Is the same true for a pistol?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Magicman_007 wrote:
Bendersquint wrote: Where it in an integral rifle i would recommend doing it unfired that way you know for a fact you can get the baffles out, half of the integrals we work on have a very difficult time getting the guts out they carbon weld really easy especially SRT's design.

Is the same true for a pistol?
Not for the SRT's, they can be converted after they are shot since you can remove the tube from the ported barrel.
seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Post by seattlite »

Here is another picture I found on the Huntertown Arms Fusion T22

Picture was taking from this page: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013 ... east-2013/
ppsh41

Post by ppsh41 »

My thompson machine is the Sh!t :D
Epione

Post by Epione »

"My thompson machine is the Sh!t :D"

How so??
seattlite
Silent But Deadly