What's the longest you've ever waited?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Re: What's the longest you've ever waited?

Post by OJB4 »

I bought a Thompson Machine 30 from my dealer last June and the Form 4 hasn't even been sent out yet. I live in Louisiana so I know that's adding to the hold up. Come to think of it....I need to check with my dealer on that one cause he's had it in his hands for a couple months now......should be able to at least mail in the Form 4 and get that ball rolling. So by the time I actually get it I will have had at least an 18 month wait.........But this isn't an impatient mans hobby......just try to forget about your orders and eventually you'll get them.....
I've gotta stop this habit.
frontsightpress

Post by frontsightpress »

Last go around was 374 days to get my Sparrow.

Previously 11 months for a .22 integral MK3 and before that 10 months for a .45 can.

Those waiting a mere 6 months should feel very fortunate indeed.
Ahhhhh, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal !
GatoMontes
Silent Operator

Post by GatoMontes »

This thread has made me feel a lot better. Not that I wish anyone an extended process just because that's what I'm experiencing but it's good to know that I'm not alone, by far apparently.

I've been pretty good on the patience side of things, in fact until recently I only called once to get my pending date. At the 170 day mark I called just to check up on things and low and behold problem status, dealer forgot to sign and date my forms before sending (never fails). On the flip side all this extra time has allowed me ample time to build a small collection of hosts for instant use once I get the can. Any day now...

Thanks guys!!! :D
OJB4
Silent But Deadly

Post by OJB4 »

GatoMontes wrote:This thread has made me feel a lot better. Not that I wish anyone an extended process just because that's what I'm experiencing but it's good to know that I'm not alone, by far apparently.

I've been pretty good on the patience side of things, in fact until recently I only called once to get my pending date. At the 170 day mark I called just to check up on things and low and behold problem status, dealer forgot to sign and date my forms before sending (never fails). On the flip side all this extra time has allowed me ample time to build a small collection of hosts for instant use once I get the can. Any day now...

Thanks guys!!! :D
I hear ya there.....over the past 14 months I've somehow acquired 20+ hosts and only gotten 3 .22 cans approved. Now I need more cans to get approved....especially since I bought all 13 of them within 2 months of one another......the longer I wait the more hosts I seem to buy. I gotta quit this ASAP. Still waiting on 2 Savage Hog Hunter rifles to come in to add to the host collection.
I've gotta stop this habit.