YHM Customer Service (worn out can)

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

chili17
Elite Member

YHM Customer Service (worn out can)

Post by chili17 »

Last week I sent a older YHM 5.56 QD phantom (steel, no inconel) back to them for inspection, at their request. This can has had around 20K shot through it mostly on 11.5" stuff and FA. Countless beta mags have been dumped through it and it has been used on LMGs. Well after the NUTS shoot when I was cleaning up everything, I noticed that the steel blast baffle was starting to go. As opposed to being flat , it was now concave and the hole was now around 3/8". I shot another 90rds through it the following weekend and was getting end cap strikes every once in awhile.
Today I called to make sure they had received it and spoke to the head suppressor guy. He asked how many rounds had been through it, what is was shot on and so forth. After a few minutes and several laughs he said he is just going to send us a new stainless and inconel QD can and our old one back to keep as a reference. They can repair the can, but since it is on a form 3 and a outdated design it was easier to just replace it, free of charge.
IMHO, YHM had no obligation to do this. I look at suppressors as a wear item, similar to barrels. Sure they last a while, but eventually get shot out. I would never call up douglas or kreiger and say "hey, this barrel won't hit paper anymore and it barely has 20K through it!"
Anyway, just thought I would share for those that are interested. FWIW, I have had similar experiences with SWR and Bowers. This is why I always tell people that are interested in purchasing a suppressor, buy from a established, known manufacturer and it is tough to go wrong.
BTW, I'm tough on, but not to abusive on suppressors. Anybody can shoot a can to destruction in one sitting.
Hipes Consulting Services LLC
FFL/SOT 07/02
North Texas
[email protected]
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Re: YHM Customer Service (worn out can)

Post by Artful »

Good to hear - thanks for letting us know.
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
huanab

Post by huanab »

Good to know as my only center fire rifle suppressor is a YHM.
batman4706
Silent Operator

Re: YHM Customer Service

Post by batman4706 »

I had a Phantom Q2 mount that all of a sudden wouldn't accept the suppressor, wouldn't let it thread on. I have several rifles with the mounts that the silencer went on fine. I sent it to YHM with a note and they promptly sent me a new one, no email questions, no hassles. Nice to get good customer service.
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

You can't beat good service, no matter how good or bad a product is good customer service always pays for itself.
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
DW Altom

Post by DW Altom »

Chili, thanks for the customer service review. I'm am considering a 30 cal Phantom Ti for my next purchase. Your testimonial is encouraging.
roodyrocker
Silent Operator

Post by roodyrocker »

I have had great customer service from YHM as well. My YHM Cobra M2 can in .45 ACP was severely damaged at the range. The monocore was destroyed and I sent the can back to YHM with a letter explaining what ammo I was shooting, what gun, etc... In exactly 1 week, including shipping time, they had a new monocore in and delivered back to me! I called them to find out what they thought happened and they said it looked like a major bullet jacket seperation. They replaced the monocore, no questions asked anyway. The tube itself (the serialized part) had only a couple minor dingles in it so that was not replaced. I was impressed enough by YHM that I have another Cobra M2 on order so I'll have a spare.
These are the types of companies I want to be buying my suppressors from.

Rudy
Rudy
1791 Firearms, LLC