Ready to try centerfire can but want input from experienced

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

eseaton
Silent But Deadly

Ready to try centerfire can but want input from experienced

Post by eseaton »

I use several rimfire cans but am now ready to get a centerfire can. It is possible I may only have one can so I am looking for an all-around best bet for multiple calibers and willing to pay more for the interchangeability between 5.56, 7.62x39, and .308 calibers.
Everything considered, what is your experience and what would you recommend and why?
Pictures of your set up always appreciated and fun to look at :D

Thanks in advance.

eseaton
From the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
ericlw
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Ready to try centerfire can but want input from experien

Post by ericlw »

i recently got my aac 762sdn6 works pretty good. it is a ratchet mount so you have to use their 51tooth flash hiders.im using it on a remington 700 but hope to get a 308 ar rifle soon.
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

I am NOT experienced in this area but take a long hard look at this take apart can:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99979
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

I believe the new Specwar 762 outperforms all other cans at the moment. It even does better than the 762sdn6 using 300 BLK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOsXN-n3yf8
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

I really lke my Gemtech Sandstorm. When I get another 30 cal suppressor, and that's what you should get, It will be another Sandstorm or an SAS Arbiter. The SpecWar is a nice suppressor but I want the lightest, quietest, Suppressor I can get....Specwar only covers the quiet part of those two. It isn't obnoxiously heavy, but heavier than the two I like. There was another thread where we talked about thread-on vs QD....I see no reason to spend hundreds of dollars for flashhiders/adapters when you can simply thread the suppressor on to your barrel.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

Don't get a take-apart rifle can unless you're just going to shoot 300BLK subs. The only 762 cans I'd get right now are the AAC 762 cans, the Surefires, or the Specwar 762.