Talk to me about the 30 cal cans on the market

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Talk to me about the 30 cal cans on the market

Post by gunningbadger »

Ive only had experience with pistol cans and want to put one on a rifle. Mostly 556 and 300 blk but 308 occasionally. I'd like a qd and looking to spend up to $1100-$1200. I know it's been asked before but just want a current market opinion. Thoughts on Mack brothers suppressor? Sdn6? Yhm phantom? Others?
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Re: Talk to me about the 30 cal cans on the market

Post by srt-4_uk »

specwar 7.62
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

If you can live w/o the qd, go for the AAC 300-TM. That's one hell of a can...if you can find it. Rated up to 300 Win Mag and only weighs 15 ounces! $1195 MSRP is right at your max budget. Otherwise, the qd version (MK13-SD) is $1795.
bayonet14
Silent But Deadly

Post by bayonet14 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOsXN-n3 ... RNIhhrekkQ

In this video, we sound test the new Specwar 762 on a variety of multi-caliber hosts. From SBR and full-length 5.56, 300 blk sub and supersonic, .308, and 300 Win mag, the Specwar 762 is one of the quietest sound suppressors on the market. To see shot by shot dB analysis and microphone specs, visit
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

srt-4_uk wrote:specwar 7.62
Local sot quoted me $650 for a specwar. Sounds like a deal.
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Buzduk »

gunningbadger wrote:
Uhhhhh. You should buy that!
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Buzduk »

gunningbadger wrote:
That has to be a 5.56 Specwar!
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Check out the new offerings from Griffin Armament.
RTSA, PHS and the Recce 7. I picked up the RSTA because I wanted a reflex.
The taper mount has a bunch of mount options and they are all fully welded and edm bored.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Buzduk wrote:
gunningbadger wrote:
That has to be a 5.56 Specwar!
$650 for a 762 specwar?? Wow in that case I'd forget everything else and get that! Silencershop has the 556 version for $550, so maybe $650 for the 762 could be true.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

That price is possible. Not smart but possible.
bayonet14
Silent But Deadly

Post by bayonet14 »

Silencer Shop

Product Unlock Request

Here's the price you requested. You can click the link to purchase the product as well as unlock all prices on the website.

SWR Specwar 7.62

SWR Specwar 7.62

List Price: $899.00

Our Price: $720.00

You save $179.00 (20%)!

Please click the following link to unlock all product pricing on SilencerShop.com:

http://www.silencershop.com/seeprice?a= ... yMZWJlhQZQ
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

Do a google search for 10oz titanium 30 caliber silencer:

https://www.google.com/search?q=10oz+30 ... e&ie=UTF-8

You'll find what I found. (...and I'm hopefully just a couple of weeks from receiving it.)
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
.300WinMag
Silent But Deadly

Post by .300WinMag »

gunningbadger wrote:Ive only had experience with pistol cans and want to put one on a rifle. Mostly 556 and 300 blk but 308 occasionally. I'd like a qd and looking to spend up to $1100-$1200. I know it's been asked before but just want a current market opinion. Thoughts on Mack brothers suppressor? Sdn6? Yhm phantom? Others?

Here are some basics -

A) what are YOU seeking in a rifle can? Be aware that for all intents and purposes, they all sound pretty close given the same type of materials for construction.

B) QD is a misnomer - unless you pack around gloves and keep a nomax bag handy, hot cans don't QD. QD cans are really QA cans. Ask yourself - why do you need a QA can? QD cans put an additional interface between the barrel threads and the can threads - a potential source of error, thusly most that are seeking cans for precision favor 'single point' (direct thread on) cans. QD cans are also heavier - add the weight and length of the mount. Yes, I have QD cans, but not on precision rigs. Also understand the true cost of QD rigs (for each stick you intend to put this on) = threading costs + QD attachment.

C) weight - if this is going on a blaster, if you only shoot prone or seated, not shooting movers while slung, the pace of your firing schedule is sustained medium / high - get a stainless can. It is heavier, cheaper, and can withstand heat better than Ti. On the other hand if the above isn't representative of what your doing, get a Ti can. Understand all Ti cans are not the same. Read up on grades of Ti, how well each grade handles heat, CALL the manufacturer and ask what grade Ti they are using in the tube, caps, and baffles.

D) you're going to be married to this for life, it is going to end up taking almost 1 yr start to finish, if all of your criteria add up to more than your budget - save and really get what you want.

E) Mac Brothers - they are purported to be the 'new' sizzle at a couple locations around the web, that said - there aren't many out there in actual customer's hands yet. In my mind the verdict (one way or the other) isn't in yet.

F) customer service - this a big one, really read up (search for) how different companies handled a turd that they made (b/c they all do)
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

^^^ Pretty much what 300winmag said.

If cost didn't matter one bit, the AAC 300-TM is very compelling. Direct threaded and made out of a single monolithic block of grades 5/9 titanium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfBqr-hZaqc
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

rimshaker wrote:^^^ Pretty much what 300winmag said.

If cost didn't matter one bit, the AAC 300-TM is very compelling. Direct threaded and made out of a single monolithic block of grades 5/9 titanium.

The specwar fits my needs pretty well actually. Ordering one when I finally get a day off work next Friday.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

rimshaker wrote:^^^ Pretty much what 300winmag said.

Good luck getting one, I've had a 300TM on order for over a year.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

MJF1911 wrote:
rimshaker wrote:Good luck getting one, I've had a 300TM on order for over a year.
Yep. I wanted one for awhile like last year. I'm not even sure if they've shipped any at all. Maybe one batch?

In the meantime I was waiting on them (getting the classic two weeks/months) when I'd call, I decided to instead get some Surefire cans coming, not looking back.

For what it's worth. I did recently heard some Thunderbeast cans in person and was actually pretty impressed with them. Easily as quite or quieter than the fullsize steel Titan can on consider both on 308. They aren't as cool, they aren't monolithic, I'm not even sure if the tube OD is Grade9 Ti, but it was quiet and looked pretty nice.
57fairlane
Silent But Deadly

Post by 57fairlane »

bayonet14 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOsXN-n3 ... RNIhhrekkQ

In this video, we sound test the new Specwar 762 on a variety of multi-caliber hosts. From SBR and full-length 5.56, 300 blk sub and supersonic, .308, and 300 Win mag, the Specwar 762 is one of the quietest sound suppressors on the market. To see shot by shot dB analysis and microphone specs, visit
man, that video is a letdown.

Silencerco set the standard for silencer videos up until this one.

Where's each individual shot?
Where's metering against another can for reference?
gunningbadger
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunningbadger »

Called my dealer and put in the order for a specwar 7.62. And since the only thing better than one can is two. I ordered a Spectre 2 as well. This is a sickness; only cure is more can.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

este wrote:
MJF1911 wrote:
rimshaker wrote:Good luck getting one, I've had a 300TM on order for over a year.
Yep. I wanted one for awhile like last year. I'm not even sure if they've shipped any at all. Maybe one batch?

In the meantime I was waiting on them (getting the classic two weeks/months) when I'd call, I decided to instead get some Surefire cans coming, not looking back.

For what it's worth. I did recently heard some Thunderbeast cans in person and was actually pretty impressed with them. Easily as quite or quieter than the fullsize steel Titan can on consider both on 308. They aren't as cool, they aren't monolithic, I'm not even sure if the tube OD is Grade9 Ti, but it was quiet and looked pretty nice.
I'm going to keep mine on order, I still want it, but I'm annoyed by more AAC Vaporware. I'll probably also get a Specwar 762. hopefully my Specwar 556 is here by Oct. or Nov.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

MJF1911 wrote:I'm going to keep mine on order, I still want it, but I'm annoyed by more AAC Vaporware. I'll probably also get a Specwar 762. hopefully my Specwar 556 is here by Oct. or Nov.
I talked to a guy last October, he was convinced his 300-TM was on it's way because his dealer had told him so... I just gave him this face :\

I only have a little bit left on my SF wait. The wait time is DEFINITELY trending up right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 year waits starting soon. I'll probably snake out with a 7 month overall. So, considering the AAC-lead plus the increasing NFA lead... Not a chance in hell I could recommend someone that really wanted a rifle can wait for the 300-TM. Even if they start shipping them next month, other cans are available right now. F--k, if I would have waited, I'd be in more than a year from when I'll have my cans. It seems Remington is doing it's best to get AAC all DPMS'ed up.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

I just spoke with a guy from AAC, Cade I think. He said they made a few when it was announced and had made some design changes but it was in production now. He said Form 3s were taking 90-120 days.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Anybody know what these look like inside? I'm assuming some sort of cone baffles. Maybe 6 or so made of some sort of stainless steel variation?
Gary_SilencerCo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Gary_SilencerCo »

9 cone baffles , Stellite it the baffle material. The rest of it is stainless steel.
I am loving mine.
Gary Hughes
SILENCERCO
National Sales Manager
[email protected]
www.silencerco.com
801-417-5384
everyusernametaken
Senior Silent Operator

Post by everyusernametaken »

Gary_SilencerCo wrote:9 cone baffles , Stellite it the baffle material. The rest of it is stainless steel.
I am loving mine.
Since you're here, are the Specwar baffles also used in the Saker? Just a point of curiosity. They look damn similar to me.

Also, I saw the photo of the Saker 7.62 in the manual for my Saker 5.56. Haven't seen any other photos of it anywhere else. Is it essentially a Specwar 7.62 with the different blast baffle? It looks VERY long in the photo, much longer than the Saker 5.56, looks to be around the length of the Specwar 7.62.